GDT: Rangers Vs Sens | THE MADISON SQUARE EdITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm ok with Neil and Phillips back in. It is not as though we were tearing up the league while those guys were out.

No. But we were playing MUCH better. It's going to be interesting to see those guys back. One suggestion for Cameron though. Do not put them on the ice at the same time please.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
So I guessing we'll give the Rangers a good run tomorrow night (Predicting a 4-3 win) and then come back home to get our assess handed to us by the Leafs again?? :(

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Of course not, it was Spezza and MacLean all along.

If we're going to put the blame on someone though, I'd rather put the blame on either a coach or your top end talent and not a #6D and fourth line forward. It would be like Leafs fans blaming Troy Bodie for their lack of success.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If we're going to put the blame on someone though, I'd rather put the blame on either a coach or your top end talent and not a #6D and fourth line forward. It would be like Leafs fans blaming Troy Bodie for their lack of success.

I see. So you are part of the en masse that drove away Spezza. Good to know.

Every player is important. If the 4th liner can't play hockey, or the 6th D can't stop the puck from going into the net then you will have problems.

It's going to be interesting how the team plays with Neil and Phillips in the lineup. I guess we'll find out whether it was the coach or the players.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I see. So you are part of the en masse that drove away Spezza. Good to know.

Every player is important. If the 4th liner can't play hockey, or the 6th D can't stop the puck from going into the net then you will have problems.

It's going to be interesting how the team plays with Neil and Phillips in the lineup. I guess we'll find out whether it was the coach or the players.

How exactly did I drive away Spezza? Spezza drove away Spezza. He seems happy where he is now anyway and doesn't have to have the pressure of being a captain in a Canadian market and the go to guy on a roster. To me, that's a perfect fit for him. I do think in the long run we will be better off without Spezza, but I can definitely challenge you to find me spewing any vitrol Spezza's way, even if I didn't think he was the guy to lead our roster. He's a Vinny Damphousse in my mind, who was no slouch.

Sure, every player on a team plays a role, but I find it funny when people have so much vitrol towards Phillips or Neil during losses when our top players can't hit the broadside of a barn at the same time.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No. But we were playing MUCH better. It's going to be interesting to see those guys back. One suggestion for Cameron though. Do not put them on the ice at the same time please.

Ok, lets be honest here:

- The difference between Phillips vs Wiercioch playing 14 mins on the third pairing isn't much. (just for the love of god don't put Phillips with Karlsson)

- The difference between Neil and Condra playing 9 mins on the 4th line isn't much

I'd rather have Condra and Wiercioch myself, but we can't just be sitting guys none stop, so we got to sub guys in and out.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Well, the problem came when we played our #6 D on the top line (not sure why people complained about Neil's 9 mins of icetime).

If Phillips is playing top pair 22 mins a night, then yes, we can blame loses on him (but also the coach for playing him 22 mins, and the GM for not getting a better option to play on the top line).

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Ok, lets be honest here:

- The difference between Phillips vs Wiercioch playing 14 mins on the third pairing isn't much. (just for the love of god don't put Phillips with Karlsson)

- The difference between Neil and Condra playing 9 mins on the 4th line isn't much

I'd rather have Condra and Wiercioch myself, but we can't just be sitting guys none stop, so we got to sub guys in and out.

Not sure man. Like I said. It's going to be interesting how the team plays when Neil can't take the pass to exit the zone, or Phillips gives away the puck because he can't make a simple pass.

Condra has been money on the PK, while PW has helped a lot with the transition play.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ok, lets be honest here:

The problem is that we have too many players who are third and Forth liners, and are missing two first line players (C and LW). Methot has stabilized the first pairing on D, the second pair with Cowen and Ceci is decent but not outstanding, and the third pair is not top team calibre.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well, the problem came when we played our #6 D on the top line (not sure why people complained about Neil's 9 mins of icetime).

If Phillips is playing top pair 22 mins a night, then yes, we can blame loses on him (but also the coach for playing him 22 mins, and the GM for not getting a better option to play on the top line).

Still don't agree with the first part of that. If you're putting a player in a position where he pretty much has zero chance to succeed, I'm not going to blame the guy. The coach and GM thing I can fully get behind.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Ok, lets be honest here:

I think there will be a noticeable difference in overall team play with Condra out, especially on the PK. Phillips is slightly more reliable than PW imo. Really didn't like the Wiercioch/Gryba pairing.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Dat roof doe.

800px-Madison_Square_Garden_Transformation_Stage_1.jpg

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think deep down, we all expect this.

Especially with the Leafs skidding. We are their slumpbuster.

I won't be able to watch the game on Wednesday being that i am going to be in school. Don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing. :laugh:

Having said that, i hope Lehner has a great game and the Sens come out with a victory.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I could have sworn on here that Neil and Phillips were the reason we were losing games.
Every little bit counts, and as long as the process is sound, I don't mind if the result doesn't always follow.

For example, I would disagree with the process that selects Greening in a SO, even if Greening manages to score that one time.

And so I disagree with the process that leads to playing Phillips with Karlsson, or that plays Neil in the last minute of a tight game. And that's even if generally nothing bad happens when those choices are made.

It will take a lot of data for the right decisions to pay off, not a short run of 10 games. Incidentally that's why sports forums exist, it's because it's so hard to know who's right and who's wrong given the paucity of data and the amount of variation there is within it.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
gord wilson @gordwilson · 8m 8 minutes ago
Morning skate lines here in NY
Macarthur-turris-stone
Hoffman-zibanejad-ryan
Michalek-pageau-chiasson
Condra-legwand-neil
#25-4firstout

Defence pairings here in NY
Methot-karlsson
Cowen-ceci
Phillips-gryba
Anderson to start. 7-4-1 life vs NYR
7pm puck drop on TSN1200

Lazar, Wiercioch and Greening seem to be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad