GDT: Rangers Vs Sens | THE MADISON SQUARE EdITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Thats the dumbest thing to do, playoffs aint happening, murray is just gonna **** us out of a good draft spot in the best draft in a decade.
Last year it was a good move, since finishing higher in the standings didn't hurt us.

Ah whatever. I trust Dorian and his crew. Not really sure who will be around in the teens. Maybe Kyle Connor?

If Murray is able to pull off a deal for a young controlled asset than that , plus a pick in the teens is fine with me.

BigBush*

Kreider's a dummy. It's easier to use your arms to lift you out of the pool

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Because there are better players at the top, you have less of a chance at missing said impact player the closer you are to the bottom. We would get a really good player anywhere in the top 15, but this team doesn't need any more really good players. This team needs an impact player.

Also difference between 10th and 6th is a significant % increase in getting first overall. What do you get from finishing 14th aside from no playoffs and the worst draft slot among non playoff teams?

14th pick is easily the worst spot in the whole NHL to be. But at least it will show that our guys are capable of buckling down and making a push

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Because there are better players at the top, you have less of a chance at missing said impact player the closer you are to the bottom. We would get a really good player anywhere in the top 15, but this team doesn't need any more really good players. This team needs an impact player.

Also difference between 10th and 6th is a significant % increase in getting first overall. What do you get from finishing 14th aside from no playoffs and the worst draft slot among non playoff teams?

I feel like we're probably going to end up in the same spot we are currently in, which would get us the 7th pick. I also don't think Murray will get the top line forward he wants to trade for, so at best we might go up a few spots since we're playing good hockey, which still allows us to draft 9th or 10th.

7th would be pretty damn good though, and there a lot of "impact" players around there.

Edit: And as was mentioned above, should we trade for an O'Reilly or Eberle, and end up picking 13-15th, that's a very good scenario as well.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
1) you don't trade away your only good goaltender
2) if murray decides to sell and gets rid of old horses like Legwand, Phillips and Neil somehow, he'll only make this team better and will hurt draft chances

They just need to keep playing like they've been playing the last 20 games and focus on getting better, and forget about the draft and playoffs for now

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Maybe there's a really good player that our scouting staff likes that gets drafted at the 6th/7th spot while we pick 10th?

The scouts' job is to get the best player available at the pick we'll have

The scouts' job is to get a good idea of who's going to be available once we make our pick

It doesn't matter who goes before us, what matters is that we make the best pick with what's available to us

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Is it a new draft rule - when you trade away your starting goalie you are automatically awarded 6th overall?
Because last time we traded our starter we got exactly that.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Not saying trade away Andy, saying we shouldn't make a Hemsky trade that would boost our team up in the standings.It would make sense putting Lehner in net now so he can improve (and lose some more games for us)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
My nightmare is us going completely off the board and taking some guy because of "character".

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Is it a new draft rule - when you trade away your starting goalie you are automatically awarded 6th overall?
Because last time we traded our starter we got exactly that.

We actually had 5th but devils bumped us with a lottery win.

Difference between strome and zibby.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I dono. It seems like that's the prevalent theme. High character this high character that.

Considering how young the team is putting an emphasis on character makes a lot of sense

Although we have Lazar so I have to think the character quota has been reached as far as prospects go

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Considering how young the team is putting an emphasis on character makes a lot of sense

Although we have Lazar so I have to think the character quota has been reached as far as prospects go
Turris MacArthur lazar ryan. I think we have the character as well. Now Murray can say at the draft interview "have you seen the kid ball? He's got sillky mitts!"

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Turris MacArthur lazar ryan. I think we have the character as well. Now Murray can say at the draft interview "have you seen the kid ball? He's got sillky mitts!"

That's be great! Like Filatov, Kovalchuk or Radulov?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's be great! Like Filatov, Kovalchuk or Radulov?

Umm actually a kovalchuk type would be nice.

I don't think I would enjoy either of your other worst case scenarios though.

Let me guess what's next
"Oh you want skill. So you want to be Edmonton!!!!!????"

Let me save the trouble. No. I don't want to be Edmonton.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Umm actually a kovalchuk type would be nice.

I don't think I would enjoy either of your other worst case scenarios though.

Let me guess what's next
"Oh you want skill. So you want to be Edmonton!!!!!????"

Let me save the trouble. No. I don't want to be Edmonton.

Lol I was actually kidding but it really wasn't clear that I was. I think you're right, we should get a player with very high upside and lots of talent. All these character guys end up being support players more often than not.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Watching that Karlsson getting hit gif makes me wonder how he got up pretty quickly. I mean he got slammed into the boards pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad