Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Senators - Murray's picks come thru big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Late post, but I was at the game last night and thought the following:

-Puck luck was definitely NOT with the Sens. That early shot that somehow didn't get in when it was under Talbot, another Turris shot off the post and out later, breaking sticks and missed shots (Zbad falling and heeling a one timer..)

-4th line was terrible... you really notice the difference in the FWD corps without Michalek / Puempel. I really hope MacArthur can help get things back on track.

-Hamburglar was hurt, and bad.

-The Rangers are very good, and seemed to keep catching the Sens D too far up the ice, lots of bounce off boards passes and chip and go, along with the D activating and being the late man.

All in all, a ****pumping that I didn't feel like over analyzing.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
When Hammond was pulled they showed a shot of him limping down the corridor as he left the ice. Today there is no doubt he's hurt and can't push off or push himself up as fast has he has been able too. He's been playing injured but what option did they really have? Let's hope Anderson can step in.

Ceci had a bad game. He got caught pinching, easily got beat wide and in general didn't cover well. Wier wasn't much better either. (This is a fair 1 game knock so lets not have the old .....he's young, he's been one of our best D for his age, the Rangers are very good, etc.... I know all that). In saying that I also blame the forwards for thinking offense a bit too much early on, getting caught deep and not getting back to help like they usually have lately. I don't think you can trade chances with the Rangers and give up odd man rushes that way and expect to be in the game very long.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think getting Driedger in for this game could be one of the better things to happen to his career.

The game was already well out of hand, so there was no pressure on him to win the game for them. He just got to relax, play his game, but at the same time be on the ice against the best team in the East. He gets to see the speed of an NHL game vs the best the conference has to offer, he isn't thrown to the wolves with the expectation that he needs to save the Sens season or anything like that, and when he is inevitably sent back down to the minors, he has a clear picture of exactly where he needs to be in his development to play against NHL shooters.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
On one of the main boards some seem to think Ottawa could be moving to Quebec City now I for one don't think its very likely but what is everyones take on this.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
On one of the main boards some seem to think Ottawa could be moving to Quebec City now I for one don't think its very likely but what is everyones take on this.

Some people are idiots and its a shame they haven't been sterilized.

Seriously, the Senators, who are building a new rink downtown are going nowhere. In the off chance that they go up for sale, either Greenberg (Minto Billionaire and 20+ year season ticket holder) or Anthony Lechance (local boy and current Coyotes owner who enquired about buying Ottawa first) will pony up.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Some people are idiots and its a shame they haven't been sterilized.

Seriously, the Senators, who are building a new rink downtown are going nowhere. In the off chance that they go up for sale, either Greenberg (Minto Billionaire and 20+ year season ticket holder) or Anthony Lechance (local boy and current Coyotes owner who enquired about buying Ottawa first) will pony up.

I just find it odd there is a hand full of teams with serious attendance issue but some think a team avg 18,100 is the real issue lets not talk about teams whoa re avg 13,000 a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad