Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Senators - Murray's picks come thru big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
All three are injured and unavailable. Iced the team last night with the best available players .......... can't complain about it.

Rangers are just a better team overall.

One could argue that Prince is a better option than either of Greening or Smith.
Also, we could try a PW as a winger experiment :naughty::sarcasm: That might actually be a better option than Greening or Smith too!

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Ceci...

Weircioch......................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(/*/$&%*

My god, 2nd time this year I see him on a 2 on 1 (bad change Ceci) and it was actually sad how he played that one. It is also so sad to see him get stuck in the D zone because he is too freaking slow and soft to do anything. It is also infuriating watching him take weak freaking shots on the PP with no one in front when he could just set the play up because god knows we have a hard time setting up on the PP and moving the puck.

Alas.... When he's gone I am hosting a freaking party. I actually thought he was better last few games but some things never change, I don't see anything better in him, seriously.

Although, everyone was putrid last night. Ryan was so damn slow and his decision making was really questionnable (1st NYR goal, weak shot, goes the other way bang).

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Ryan: "Last night was the worst game I've ever played in a Senators jersey."

Respect for the man to owning up. Apparently, Zbad felt the same for himself.

This is 10000000x better than simply saying "we didn't bury our chances, we were inconsistent.." etc.

Good stuff. Let's rebound next game.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

Tbh, I felt like the team actually didn't give up, and a really good rangers team capitalized in all the mistakes. The worst game in the Ryan era has to be blowing a 3 goal lead in 3 minutes to the habs.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Went to the game last night.... Worst effort I have seen in years

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Ceci...

Weircioch......................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(/*/$&%*

My god, 2nd time this year I see him on a 2 on 1 (bad change Ceci) and it was actually sad how he played that one. It is also so sad to see him get stuck in the D zone because he is too freaking slow and soft to do anything. It is also infuriating watching him take weak freaking shots on the PP with no one in front when he could just set the play up because god knows we have a hard time setting up on the PP and moving the puck.

Alas.... When he's gone I am hosting a freaking party. I actually thought he was better last few games but some things never change, I don't see anything better in him, seriously.

Although, everyone was putrid last night. Ryan was so damn slow and his decision making was really questionnable (1st NYR goal, weak shot, goes the other way bang).

I thought Ceci had a worst game of the 2.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I thought Ceci had a worst game of the 2.

Wierioch's decision making on that third goal was pretty horrible. You always take away the passing lane and let your goalie deal with the puck and shooter. Instead Wiercioch just left the passing lane open, and went right to the shooter. It was a gimme after that.

Both showed they are still young and were not prepared to bring it when the Rangers put the pressure on. It is apart of developing. I've seen this happen to Duncan Keith, Seabrook, and many other young defenders before they establish themselves.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
alol this... It's his first loss in regulation after maybe fighting an injury. He's the only reason we're anywhere near the playoffs so I think we should cut him a little slack.

For what it's worth, I thought the Sens had a very solid 1st period before things got out of hand. A goal from Pageau instead of a post could have changed a lot momentum wise.

He has held in very well, also considering the media and publicity pressures. From zero to hero in no time flat and with no back-up plan.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Couple things that stuck out to me from yesterday:

1. The Sens have to be careful about the way they attack off the rush against fast teams. They often have D-men jump into the play, which can lead to great scoring opportunities. The flip side of that is that fast team willing to backcheck tenaciously will pick a lot of those passes and counterattack, which is how the Rangers got 3 of their goals last night.

2. Ceci looked extremely overwhelmed by the Rangers heavy forecheck, and he did not account well for Kreider's speed at all. Kreider blew right by him for the first two goals. I guess you could say Hammond maybe should have had one of the first three goals but when you let top line NHL forwards take uncontested shots from the faceoff dots, bad things happen.

3. Greening - Legwand - Smith is not good enough. They can't have more than one of these guys in the lineup at once or they're going to get killed every 4th shift. They get hemmed into their own end frequently (particularly when they have to play with the Boro - Gryba pairing), and the best you can hope for in the offensive zone is that they keep possession for more than 5 seconds.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sens were going to have a stinker after playing at such a high level for nearly a quarter of a season.

When that happens against a team like the Rangers . . . well last night is the result. This is a real test for them, if they come out strong and full of piss and vinegar tomorrow night it will be a great sign that they're for real.

If they drop a couple . . . well thats not good at all.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm glad we had our stinker against the Rangers. I'd hate to come out flat against teams we "should" be collecting points from.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I love Bobby Ryan for this. He's consistently a stand up guy and completely honest. He did a have a poor game, although he had plenty of company. To stand up and own it takes a lot of guts and leadership, and when he does that it encourages others to follow and also be accountable. I had a sense he would be angry and disappointed after that effort, and indeed he was. He'll be a huge factor tomorrow night, guaranteed.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys. Rangers fan coming in peace. I have watched a lot of Sens games this season and last night's game reminded me of the game the Rangers played against the Kings earlier this week. It just didn't click. It happens. Sometimes you have games where it just doesn't work. The puck bounces off the stick, communication is off by a little bit.

Don't read too much into it. You guys are on an amazing run and I would much rather see you in the play-offs than Boston. And your jerseys worn in last night's game are absolutely gorgeous!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci...

Ryan has been underwhelming for most of this streak. Maybe hurt? Again.

member 248215

Ceci...

I really don't think we should be pouncing on the second pairing when the first pairing was atrocious. Did Methot even complete a single pass or hit anyone? Karlsson was giving the puck away like it was candy on Halloween. The whole team had a terrible night and on those nights I look to the veterans and leadership core.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Wierioch's decision making on that third goal was pretty horrible. You always take away the passing lane and let your goalie deal with the puck and shooter. Instead Wiercioch just left the passing lane open, and went right to the shooter. It was a gimme after that.

Both showed they are still young and were not prepared to bring it when the Rangers put the pressure on. It is apart of developing. I've seen this happen to Duncan Keith, Seabrook, and many other young defenders before they establish themselves.

Oh no doubt. I'm not absolving Wier. He didn't have a very good game. But to me, Ceci had the worst game of all the D.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Florida isn't very far back either. If both us and Boston start losing too much they could very well catch up.

Last I checked Florida was at 2% chance yet I always hear their name thrown into the mix. They are all but done.

Edit: just checked, theyre at 3.2%. Barring them winning almost every game and us and Boston losing almost every game, put a fork in them.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Last I checked Florida was at 2% chance yet I always hear their name thrown into the mix. They are all but done.

Edit: just checked, theyre at 3.2%. Barring them winning almost every game and us and Boston losing almost every game, put a fork in them.

If Ottawa and Boston loses both games on the weekend and Florida wins both games on the weekend, Florida is in a playoff spot.

I personally don't pay any attention to those percentages. They can change in an instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad