GDT: Rangers vs Senators | Home Opener | Saturday Oct. 5 | 7 PM | CityTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What were you guys expecting ? I find it a bit concerning that there are some people who are angry or surprised on how bad we are ? Did you not see the roster before today ? We are clearly tanking. The kids will be sprinkled in here and there but the whole point of the vets is the take the full force grind of losing so many games

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Did you legit post the exact same thing in three separate threads? :laugh:
Ya cause it blows my mind how every thread has people surprised that we suck

legit it’s almost like we need to make a thread about how trading away your three best players leads to being the worst team in the league ..again

Reactions: coladin

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I was cautiously optimistic that we might have been competitive this year.

Of course they relies on several rookies and sophomores essentially shattering their expectations.

Watching the team play now it’s pretty obvious we’re years away from relevance.

We’re bombin’ for Byfield. Losing for Laferniere. Anguishing for Askarov. Rolling over for Raymond. Pooping on the ice for Perfetti.

Whatever. It’s going to be a long year. Drink spirits. Keep Windsor working (and your liver working overtime).

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
I was cautiously optimistic that we might have been competitive this year.

Of course they relies on several rookies and sophomores essentially shattering their expectations.

Watching the team play now it’s pretty obvious we’re years away from relevance.

We’re bombin’ for Byfield. Losing for Laferniere. Anguishing for Askarov. Rolling over for Raymond. Pooping on the ice for Perfetti.

Whatever. It’s going to be a long year. Drink spirits. Keep Windsor working (and your liver working overtime).

The problem is that this team needs more than just one of these players. They need 2-3 of them. Not going to be competitive for a longggg time.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
The problem is that this team needs more than just one of these players. They need 2-3 of them. Not going to be competitive for a longggg time.
Being a weak team going into an expansion draft helps. We should be able to get some decent young players at a discount that other teams were going to lose to Seattle. I gotta think though we are still going to see a few years of bottoming out though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think Chabot played like 55 mins last night.....Are they trying to kill the kid??

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Being a weak team going into an expansion draft helps. We should be able to get some decent young players at a discount that other teams were going to lose to Seattle. I gotta think though we are still going to see a few years of bottoming out though.
Thats giving our gm too much credit.

We all said the same thing heading in to this summer about weaponizing their cap space and all they did was help other teams get out of their trouble so that the Sens could save money.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

We all said the same thing heading in to this summer about weaponizing their cap space and all they did was help other teams get out of their trouble so that the Sens could save money.
You're right. It's been quite a long time now that this organization has made some terrible moves with no intention of making the hockey team better. It's tough to see things changing unless things change at the top.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Yep,we ended up with cost certainty in Zaitsev,and little else....Watching all these former Sens go off early ,and what we have been left with says it all pretty much

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
NYR properly rebuilded
Were f.... for years to come
Defending Champs and Tampa next 2 games if you're in need for a good laugh again lol

[mod]. The Rangers missed the playoffs last year and now after TWO games this year they were "Properly Rebuilded" as you say. Let's give them 40 games and we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: doomscroll

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Typical silly comment. The Rangers missed the playoffs last year and now after TWO games this year they were "Properly Rebuilded" as you say. Let's give them 40 games and we shall see.
I mean, since missing the playoffs they have added:

#1 winger through the draft
#1 winger through UFA
#1 D through trade

To go along with youngsters Chytil, Kravtsov, Anderson, Fox entering the league.

That looks like an incredible, and quick, rebuild to me

Reactions: Alex1234

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
What were you guys expecting ? I find it a bit concerning that there are some people who are angry or surprised on how bad we are ? Did you not see the roster before today ? We are clearly tanking. The kids will be sprinkled in here and there but the whole point of the vets is the take the full force grind of losing so many games
I was hoping Anderson would trigger his inner Patrick Roy and we would win 1-0.

Maybe he will against the Blues lol.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Really :huh: and who the hell are you, how can you be so f* king sure (?) blame the management but not Mika, he loved it in Ottawa.
Oh I don’t know, bud. From watching him as closely as I did, he was a frustrating player to watch who seemed he was never going to achieve his potential.

Now go back to painting your Mika mural

Reactions: DueDiligence

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Oh I don’t know, bud. From watching him as closely as I did, he was a frustrating player to watch who seemed he was never going to achieve his potential.

Now go back to painting your Mika mural

Of course he wasn’t a finished product. He was 22 years old when traded.

That’s one year older than Batherson and Brown. If those guys don’t put it all together and are “frustrating” to watch by the end of the year, should we trade them too?

Batherson just got sent down after getting destroyed in two games, does it seem like he’ll never live up to his potential?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Zaitsev is OK. Typical over reaction about a player. And Ceci has not played well for the Leafs.
Ceci will never play well anywhere as he’s not very good.

Also what is Zaitsev ok at? It’s not an over reaction? Zaitsev isn’t a rookie he’s been bad for a years now in the NHL

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
NYR properly rebuilded
Were f.... for years to come
Defending Champs and Tampa next 2 games if you're in need for a good laugh again lol
Properly? It lasted a year. And a massive part of it was winning the draft lottery out of nowhere.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Really :huh: and who the hell are you, how can you be so f* king sure (?) blame the management but not Mika, he loved it in Ottawa.

Mika was not the player he is now in Ottawa, sure the trade was stupid in hindsight considering his age and such but he's taken huge steps in his game since arriving in NY. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: coladin

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ya I'd call bull**** on that one. Its a narrative to justify a god awful trade. Dorion was raving about the kid being their number one center of the future months before they traded him.

It was a bad trade by a bad gm simple as that.
Dohrion made all the trades Murray wouldn't.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Of course he wasn’t a finished product. He was 22 years old when traded.

That’s one year older than Batherson and Brown. If those guys don’t put it all together and are “frustrating” to watch by the end of the year, should we trade them too?

Batherson just got sent down after getting destroyed in two games, does it seem like he’ll never live up to his potential?

Problem was, and this is an Ottawa problem, he was going to get paid to continue to try and figure things out, and I guess they figured he was not going to get there. I personally like doing the trade because i didn’t see him achieving what his ceiling was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad