GDT: Rangers vs Senators | Home Opener | Saturday Oct. 5 | 7 PM | CityTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Zibby looked great last night, the Rangers appear to have quickly and correctly rebuilt using their various resources in smart and opportune times, almost the opposite of the Senators strategy, wonder which one turns out better?

Chabottawa72

Sep 20, 2019
Saint John NB
Stop giving top minutes to aging players. How are the rookies supposed to develop and gain any sort of confidence if they are on limited minutes or paired with slow pokes. Sabourin should have a limited role Batherson needs to be paired with more skilled players and Anderson needs to see less starts.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Stop giving top minutes to aging players. How are the rookies supposed to develop and gain any sort of confidence if they are on limited minutes or paired with slow pokes. Sabourin should have a limited role Batherson needs to be paired with more skilled players and Anderson needs to see less starts.

We need to learn from Buffalo how to tank. They traded their No. 1 goalie and used a back-up for a good part of the season to increase their shot at McDavid.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We need to learn from Buffalo how to tank. They traded their No. 1 goalie and used a back-up for a good part of the season to increase their shot at McDavid.
Actually the goalie they traded for played better iirc. Chad Johnson right? Or was it lindback? Both were upgrades pretty sure.
That’s one of those Tim Murray buffalo misremembering things.(Or made up bs however you want to put it).
But yeah in our case we should be tanking full throttle. We need byfield or lafreniere. So far so good. Just don’t play Nilsson he can turn things around by himself

Last edited:

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
It seems no one has an appetite for what a rebuild is about. It’s gonna be ugly. And to throw the young kids into this fire to appease some insatiable desire to win at this stage... it’s just dumb. They aren’t ready. Belleville just started FFS. Patience is required. This is a long term fix, if it even pans out. My guess is it won’t, because rebuild rarely succeed. But give it a chance

It’s been articulated to you again and again, but what you’re seeing isn’t a ‘lack of appetite for what a rebuild is about’, it’s a lack of belief that a team owned by Melnyk and managed by Pierre Dorion will be able to come out on the other side.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
A few people saying that they look okay in the first for last two games and then slowly fizzled out

I wonder if this is mental or physical for the players

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
First things first - boys better get themselves ready, because the coach sounded after the game like he was ready to give a bag skate at practice a la Herb Brooks in "Miracle". DJ was unhappy with the compete level tonight, and he's right. As a group they were just way too passive and soft. What happened to the whole, " We're going to be a hard team to play against" stuff? We sure weren't in this game.

The young guys were actually the ones that came to play tonight. The guys who stunk it up were all veterans - Anisimov, Ryan, Boedker up front, DeMelo and Boro on D. (Ennis played well, to be fair.) Chlapik should be playing every night right now. They should really just waive Boedker, send him to Belleville or loan him to a team in Europe and write him off - guy is awful.

Chabot was a stud, as always, but man that third pairing stinks. We should have traded DeMelo at the deadline last year when he had more value. I know this organization will have a hard time parting with Boro for sentimental reasons, but it's time to face the facts - increasingly he is simply blocking playing time for guys like Jaros or Lajoie.

I thought Batherson was better - he created some really nice chances. He just needs a break and the goals will start coming.

Finally, time to play Anders Nilsson on Thursday. In now way was that game Craig Anderson's fault, but in two games he has yet to make the kind of save that bails out his team and pumps up the bench. Needless to say, we need some of that if we are going to find some wins, any wins, this year.

Reactions: coladin

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
lol 2 games in and you can already see the “can’t take it anymore” sentiment in the fanbase. Funny when the same people were told “careful what you wish for” when they wanted a rebuild. A real rebuild ain’t going to be easy. Every night the Sens are going without a 1st line and only 1 top D-man. Very hard to win in this league without it.

Time to cash in on my Zibanejad rookie cards collection is coming :)

This guy and probably several others should be with the Sens for a long time but unfortunately the owner decided otherwise and went in self-destruction mode. A good team would probably cost 25 M$ per year. Sucks because we had the horses
No one wanted a rebuild at this point they wanted one when our core players were rookies a la 2011. Dornyk did so much to destroy a good team by first not having good management in place to guide them and then trading them away because they were not capable making it work. Every other GM in the league could have done a better job building a winning team the these two morans.

Reactions: Boud

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I’m glad Zbad is succeeding, but he wasn’t going to do that here . He was a guy that needed the trade to wake him up, and salvage his career. But the player you see now, I am convinced he wasn’t going to do that here because he wasn’t in the same mental state
Its because Murray liked to criticize him and Dohrion didn't know any better.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah. Maybe it’s good this team is full of veterans. I don’t know how this inspired young players though.

Yes. Veterans should be the ones to take the beatings. Which they are. But at the same time it’s like,,, young players watching this saying “I can do better than that”. Like hainsey. My goodness this guy is cooked. Anyone really thinks he’s better than Jaros?

Batherson needs some time in the AHL if we’re only going to give him crap to play with. He’s been bad himself but we don’t have anyone that’s going to help him.

Bobby Ryan last night was a different kind of terrible.

Zaitsev is absolutely atrocious and now I really don’t know if ceci is in fact worse or better.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
NYR properly rebuilded
Were f.... for years to come
Defending Champs and Tampa next 2 games if you're in need for a good laugh again lol

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Yeah. Maybe it’s good this team is full of veterans. I don’t know how this inspired young players though.

Yes. Veterans should be the ones to take the beatings. Which they are. But at the same time it’s like,,, young players watching this saying “I can do better than that”. Like hainsey. My goodness this guy is cooked. Anyone really thinks he’s better than Jaros?

Batherson needs some time in the AHL if we’re only going to give him crap to play with. He’s been bad himself but we don’t have anyone that’s going to help him.

Bobby Ryan last night was a different kind of terrible.

Zaitsev is absolutely atrocious and now I really don’t know if ceci is in fact worse or better.
Zaitsev is OK. Typical over reaction about a player. And Ceci has not played well for the Leafs.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Rangers are, right now, a one-line team. Let's not get carried away.

Of course that shouldn't be true for much longer but they have more means to rebuild (Trouba forcing the Jets to trade him to the Rangers and the money to sign Panarin) than we do and they got to pick 2nd overall last season.

I am not saying that the Rangers cheated or aren't that good, just that comparing our rebuild to theis is not fair.

Say we finish last and the Sharks have an awful year, our rebuild goes from disastreous to amazing in one single night at the draft. These things can change in a hurry.

Reactions: coladin

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Zibby looked great last night, the Rangers appear to have quickly and correctly rebuilt using their various resources in smart and opportune times, almost the opposite of the Senators strategy, wonder which one turns out better?
They have money.... and lots of it!

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

I would give it a lot more time (in reference to the how long until you fill the roster spots with youth tweet). Give it at least a few months. It's going to be a long season of losing, and that would not do some of our young guys well. Wait until closer to the mid point of the season.
But if we are going to call up young guys, they should be in the line up (Chaplik).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad