Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Penguins 4/24: Win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Well they got it done :yo:

But it's probably the Caps in round two, and I can't stand Ovechkin. Root for the Isles...can't believe I said that.

If Zuc is ok to play, the Rangers should have the advantage on either team. Isles are depleted on their back end. Washington doesn't really have a lot of depth.

The team you gotta pray gets knocked out though are the Habs. Thats the most dangerous team for the Rangers imo. Even more dangerous than Tampa.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
IMRDRuM.png

Well, ****.
--Pierre McGuire

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Series MVP is Lundqvist. Only 8 goals given up in 5 games, and 4 of those came in one game. Are you kidding me?

Honorable mentions go to Brassard and Girardi. McDonagh, Yandle, and Nash were good, but I think all of them have another gear. Kreider, MSL, and Boyle need to pick it up. I feel like all three will as the playoffs go on though. They will heat up. Adding Klein to this team tightens up our defense. I though the Rangers gave Pittsburgh way too much time in our own end on many occasions. More offensively dynamic teams will make us pay.

Credit where credit is due. Crosby stole a game for Pittsburgh, and Fleury was a wall. Game 1 and Game 5 would have been howlers if not for him.

4 down, 12 to go. Still lots of work to do.

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
Anyone see Pierre and Hagelin's interview.

Check out Pierre's face as they finish the interview watch closely.

Yeah. I just went back and he's got that tight lipped look like he's pissed off at something. Biting his tongue. Feel so bad for him. Haha.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
If Zuc is ok to play, the Rangers should have the advantage on either team. Isles are depleted on their back end. Washington doesn't really have a lot of depth.

The team you gotta pray gets knocked out though are the Habs. Thats the most dangerous team for the Rangers imo. Even more dangerous than Tampa.

See, I disagree. I think the Rangers could handle the Habs (Habs are the most overrated team in the eastern playoffs, imo). It's Tampa I'm most worried about right now.

Tampa has great depth, healthy as of now, #1 offense in the NHL, playing a style that the Rangers typically struggle against, three ex-rangers who will show up for sure, and a goalie who freaking owns the Rangers.

Either way, I think the Habs are done in the 2nd round if they don't blow this series. I predicted Rangers-Tampa as the ECF before the season started, and that's what it's likely going to be (freaking Detroit blowing game 4...)

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
NBCS won't be near as bad after that. The love fest is a step down for every team left.

I just hope Zucc is ok. We need him.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
See, I disagree. I think the Rangers could handle the Habs (Habs are the most overrated team in the eastern playoffs, imo). It's Tampa I'm most worried about right now.

Tampa has great depth, healthy as of now, #1 offense in the NHL, playing a style that the Rangers typically struggle, and a goalie who freaking owns the Rangers.

Yeah Tampa is the biggest threat left in both conferences imo

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Habs are a tough team for the Rangers. They keep proving it during the season, so I think about them MUCH differently than I did the Penguins.

Edit: I hope for, and believe that the Red Wings will take out the Lightning

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hank so good.

Hags with the clutch.

Me with the almost puking from nervousness.

Now let's all pray that Zucc is okay and doesn't miss too much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00