Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Penguins 4/24: Win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
NBC network schedule is showing a Saturday 12:30 PM (EDT) game and nothing on Sunday. Other Eastern semi will have one Canadian team. That makes a Saturday afternoon game very likely.

So Thursday for game 1 and Saturday for game 2 is what makes the most sense, as of now.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
470283472.jpg

Has anyone had fun Photoshopping this yet?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I didn't know where to post this but it seems like Game 1 will likely be on Thursday with Game 2 likely on Saturday. There are supposedly Eric Clapton concerts Friday and Saturday night at the Garden, but it says that it could moved to Sunday Night if it conflicts with a playoff game.

Since I can't imagine us playing Wednesday and Thursday or Wednesday/Thursday and Sunday, I suspect Game 1 will be Thursday and then maybe Game 2 will be an early Saturday game, although NBC probably wouldn't have the benefit of putting it on NBC regular since Saturday is a really busy schedule for NBC, so it'll probably be NBCSN, regardless of the time, so making it an early game for NBC might not even matter, although it could help MSG if they have to prepare for a Sunday night concert.

There's a chance of Game 7's on Wednesday, MIN-STL and DET-TB, both could go to Game 7's on Wednesday. In that case, Game 1's would not start until Thursday, but I couldn't see our game pushed until any later than Thursday, especially considering we'd probably need Sunday available for Game 2, and it says the Clapton concerts might be pushed back one day, not two. I really don't see us playing Game 1 Friday if there is a game 7 on Wednesday, since we likely wouldn't be able to keep with the two days between games thing that the NHL likes to keep with.
You KNOW NBC wants to cut out to the Kentucky Derby at 3:00 so as not to miss a minute of the three-hours-before-post-time Race coverage. :shakehead

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
You KNOW NBC wants to cut out to the Kentucky Derby at 3:00 so as not to miss a minute of the three-hours-before-post-time Race coverage. :shakehead

Most decisions NBC and other TV entities make, base them off of ratings. It's certainly NOT my cup of tea but... Someone must be watching

In their defense it's the biggest horse race and of the yr aka their Super Bowl. So there's that.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Most decisions NBC and other TV entities make, base them off of ratings. It's certainly NOT my cup of tea but... Someone must be watching

In their defense it's the biggest horse race and of the yr aka their Super Bowl. So there's that.

Then I wish they wouldn't schedule an afternoon game on Derby Day so it won't conflict with it.

Wolfy*

No golf for Crosby, he has decided to play in the World Championships, that should be a boost for Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad