Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Penguins 4/24: Win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Meh...

The Rangers shanked and blew a bunch of opportunities.

I think Fleury played less ****** than he usually does in the playoffs.

Sorry, but I think you're out of your mind. Fleury was phenomenal overall and kept them in every game. It could've been 5-1 last night. I don't mind giving him the credit where it's due. I was actually quite impressed with his play. But saying all he accomplished was simply being less ****** is plain silly.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Sorry, but I think you're out of your mind. Fleury was phenomenal overall and kept them in every game. It could've been 5-1 last night. I don't mind giving him the credit where it's due. I was actually quite impressed with his play. But saying all he accomplished was simply being less ****** is plain silly.

Although there was a degree of hyperbole and gloating due to clinching the series, I still think Fleury did not "stand on his head."

He played well (i.e less ****** that he has played in the playoffs for years), and the Rangers flubbed and blew wide a ton of shots.

This wasn't Ken Dryden. In fact, I think that most of the Penguins team played much hungrier than I and many people expected.

Saying he was phenomenal overall is also silly.

Again, this wasn't exactly Kirk Maclean is game 1 of the 1994 SCF.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Although there was a degree of hyperbole and gloating due to clinching the series, I still think Fleury did not "stand on his head."

He played well (i.e less ****** that he has played in the playoffs for years), and the Rangers flubbed and blew wide a ton of shots.

This wasn't Ken Dryden. In fact, I think that most of the Penguins team played much hungrier than I and many people expected.

Saying he was phenomenal overall is also silly.

Again, this wasn't exactly Kirk Maclean is game 1 of the 1994 SCF.

Not silly at all to say he was overall phenomenal. He simply was. Saying that doesn't mean he had to have one of the best playoff performances ever. Your perception is warped and biased. But that's ok. Doesn't really matter. :loony:

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Coyotes fan, really miss Yandle. How has he been for you though? Hope he's made an impact. I haven't seen any games for you since he left.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Coyotes fan, really miss Yandle. How has he been for you though? Hope he's made an impact. I haven't seen any games for you since he left.

Well he's outscoring every other deadline acquisition. He played the series sick and had 2 primary assists in 5 games. He's been solid. Love how excited he gets for goals

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Not silly at all to say he was overall phenomenal. He simply was. Your perception is warped and biased. But that's ok. Doesn't really matter. :loony:

Maybe we are having a semantic issue with "phenomenal." I thought the denotation was stronger. Perhaps, I was thinking of the general connotation.

I looked up "Phenominal" in Merriam-Webster

phenomenal
adjective phe·nom·e·nal \fi-ˈnä-mə-nəl\
: very good or great : unusual in a way that is very impressive

I was impressed that he was unusually not a playoff choke job.

Before reading the exact definition, I would reserve the word phenomenal for how Lundqvist played. I think Fleury played very well, but it's also biased and warped to think he "stood on his head" when the Rangers flubbed and blew a ton of chances.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

He's an absolute joy to watch and I love him. He will be a very significant part of any deep run we make. I also absolutely love his enthusiasm. He's consistently one of the most excited players when we score or win.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
we shall see what happens after both our glorious teams acquire eight #8 moar wins each :cf:

618_348_an-easy-version-of-peking-duck.jpg

Best of luck!

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Congrats on the series win. Would love to see an Islanders-Rangers showdown in the next round. Hopefully the Islanders can do their part to make it happen.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
By the way, a bit random, but did any of you catch the double OT game 7 Matteau clip during the postgame last night that actually had Sam Rosen's call? I don't think I've heard that version of the call ever since!!

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

He's been good. Great passer, monster at keeping the puck in on the blue line, better than advertised defense.

P.S. I think for many Ranger fans, 'Zona is now our second favorite team.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
He's an absolute joy to watch and I love him. He will be a very significant part of any deep run we make. I also absolutely love his enthusiasm. He's consistently one of the most excited players when we score or win.

Seen a few responses, glad he's doing well for you guys! And yeah, I loved when we scored a goal when he was on the ice. Looked like he was a kid in a candy store. Hope he continues to make an impact, best of luck to you guys this year in the playoffs!

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
By the way, a bit random, but did any of you catch the double OT game 7 Matteau clip during the postgame last night that actually had Sam Rosen's call? I don't think I've heard that version of the call ever since!!

I've seen it before its a great call :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad