Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Jets - The LOL Edition

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
difficult loss...at least a couple of those goals against NYR could have been avoided...especially the last one the I am sure henk is beating himself up over...

but besides that the rangers showed a lot of guts to keep battling back and trying to tie it up...they got close, but not close enough. I really feel there is a lot of good things the rangers can take from that and build confidence.

Kreider looked good, I think it is a process for him and torts does not want to hurt him. I think he is doing some good things and he will learn from watching and from playing in certain situations. He really is going to be a heck of a player soon.
I hate that to be honets. Torts always says the "process" for CK. Kreider was one of our better players in teh first period then bickel mashiner and gilroy pretty much f^ck up on that 3rd goal. At least torts was fair about it and benched the whole line but at the same time i think when Torts talks about the pprocess its just a smokescreen so he can contintue to play his boys Boyle and miller

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Maybe you should all ease up on our reigning Vezina winning goaltender a bit. Yeah, he let in a stinker or two, but we're damned lucky to have him. You'd think he's been playing rotten all year from some of these comments. :rant:

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
When you lose by 1 and the goaltender gave up 2 horrid goals, its on the goaltender.

He takes part of the blame. If the rest of the team played a full 60 minutes, I'd agree. They didn't come anywhere close. If they had played like they did in the third all game long, they would've won.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
The Good
The Bad
The Lundqvist

Cally, Stralsy, and Pie are my 3 stars. Honorable mention to Mr. Steve Eminger.

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
At least we didnt get shut out, but we did let in 4 goals which is un-Hank-like.
Getting DZ and MCD will help out the defence, as will getting Nash back help the offence.
Torts really needs to at least let the top 2 lines set up more of a passing game rather than just dumping and failing to retrieve.

Does anyone think Sather can pull one more trick out of his bag and convince Stevie Y to trade us Lecavalier for Richards lol

*Bob Richards*

All Brad and no Nash makes Torts a dull boy.

500full.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He gave up one bad goal. The rest of the goals were on the defense.

Yeah that bad angle shot that he kicked right to Jokinen's stick was the D's fault. Lundqvist loses a game by himself and people still defend him. He's been bad this year, it's time to call a spade, a spade.

SupersonicMonkey*

Agreed, and he HAS been given a chance to succeed. He's played with Richards and Gaborik, he's played with Callahan. Enough is enough. Step up or get the **** out.

That being said, I think he looked good tonight before the penalty. He should not have been benched tonight, IMO.

Step up or get the **** out?

He's a 21 year old first year pro.

There will be good games and some bad games.

Get the **** out?

What about the 6.6 million invisible center with an 'A' on his shirt? Or the 7.5 million invisible 'goal scorer'?

GFiP*

Thank god I turned it off after the 2nd period, knew they would give false hope with garbage time goals.

NYRANGERAMI*

At least we didnt get shut out, but we did let in 4 goals which is un-Hank-like.
Getting DZ and MCD will help out the defence, as will getting Nash back help the offence.
Torts really needs to at least let the top 2 lines set up more of a passing game rather than just dumping and failing to retrieve.

Does anyone think Sather can pull one more trick out of his bag and convince Stevie Y to trade us Lecavalier for Richards lol

The goals werent on Hank except for one. You cant defy gravity and move at .01th of a second to cover every shot. The D needs to pick up their man. The D failed to do that for 3 out of the 4 goals.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
You guys think our PP is bad?

It still is.

But look at this:

Michael Russo @Russostrib
Just watched replay on GameCenter. Horrendous call on the major. Was no elbow. Wild didn't give up a shot on the 5-min. #flames "PP"

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Honestly, I'd take the Nash trade back in a heartbeat. He's great and all, but this team has lost all of its heart. Anisimov and Dubinsky were glue guys.

Easy to say when Nash isn't playing, but yeah I miss Dubi as a glue guy a lot. AA I think is being remembered a little too fondly for what he did here IMO.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Honestly, I'd take the Nash trade back in a heartbeat. He's great and all, but this team has lost all of its heart. Anisimov and Dubinsky were glue guys.

In a heartbeat, and I always had felt Nash was overrated and actually changed my tune about him because he is better than I expected him to be. Just not worth it. Tearing up a tight knit team that has everything going for it and needed small adjustments was a mistake. Nash is a great player, but he's not Malkin. Not worth dismantling what we had; breaking up the family, so to speak.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012

Get the **** out?

What about the 6.6 million invisible center with an 'A' on his shirt? Or the 7.5 million invisible 'goal scorer'?

He's the new whipping boy. Some fans need a player to direct their negative energy towards, regardless of facts.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Get the **** out?

Yeah, I worded that wrong.

That being said, he needs to be better. I really don't understand how he can be so effective as a rookie in the playoffs, and then come in during the regular season and look so uninspired and intimidated for most of the time he's played. He's WAY better than he's shown this season.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
truthfully they were crap in the first, crap in the 2nd and good in the 3rd

it was a tough loss with how well they played at the end of the game

holy crap they better get some healthy bodies back...............as much as they have sucked lately its hard to not wonder how they would be doing with Nash back,etc etc

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Easy to say when Nash isn't playing, but yeah I miss Dubi as a glue guy a lot. AA I think is being remembered a little too fondly for what he did here IMO.

It's not like the team was playing great hockey even before he was injured.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Yeah that bad angle shot that he kicked right to Jokinen's stick was the D's fault. Lundqvist loses a game by himself and people still defend him. He's been bad this year, it's time to call a spade, a spade.

I wouldn't go as far & say he has been bad, he hasn't been Venzia caliper that's for sure. The team isn't good thus far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad