Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Jets - The LOL Edition

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Agreed.It's even worse when the alternative is Bickel for 10 minutes or more a night..

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Last nights game REALLY pissed me off.

First, of all players its ****ing Jokinen who nets two, at MSG. ****ing Jokinen. Guy did jack for us when he was here, and every time I see his face it reminds me of the final shootout fail against Philly that year to miss the playoffs. Then he decides to bury two against the Rangers. **** him and his stupid face. OMG i wanted to jump into the TV and slap him.

Few other bullet points.

• Kane owns us (wish Rangers had someone like him, oh wait we have Gaborik - NOT)
• I mentioned in one of the other threads that Henrik needs to find his beast mode now with some injuries to the lineup. Wasnt there.
• This teams best defenseman is McDonagh, hands down - and it was very noticeable last night.
• Bickel - WTF
• Mashinter - Why is he getting so much time? I must be missing something here.
• If Richards and Gaborik aren't going to be Richards and Gaborik - we'll its safe to say its just going to be another usual Rangers year.
• Eminger takes a weak wrist shot to the net and a goal results. Yet the Rangers refuse to shoot or wind up to the rafters when they have a chance to from the point. Shoot the ****ing puck, from all angles below the hash marks. Trying to make perfect plays on the ****** MSG ice is like trying to get Torts to not say "jam" or "going through the process.
• I was willing to be patient with the team, but its finished now. PP, Offensive chemistry... so frustrating.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
We needed him to step up last year in the ECF... and he didn't....

Yes,because Hank was the reason this team lost in the ECF.Not the fact that we were playing 4 defenseman basically 30 minutes a game.

Did you even watch any of the ECF?

Vickers8

• Mashinter - Why is he getting so much time? I must be missing something here.
•. Yet the Rangers refuse to shoot or wind up to the rafters when they have a chance to from the point. Shoot the ****ing puck, from all angles below the hash marks.

Hopefully he sits when Nash comes back...agree with you 100% shoot the puck...perfect example Steps on the 3 on 1, are you kidding shoot! Cycle the puck down low, for 30 seconds never registering a shot on goal then give up a 3-2 the other way because all 3 forwards are below the opposition's goal line...ugly....

Vickers8

I mentioned in one of the other threads that Henrik needs to find his beast mode now with some injuries to the lineup. Wasnt there.

The 4th goal killed us

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bickel cost us the 1st goal all he had to do was chip the puck to center ice and he couldn't

Are you talking about the third goal? I put that on Mashinter. He had the puck and lost it along the boards. I also think Bickel and Gilroy were at the end of the shift.

I agree, he could have dove to knock the puck out of the zone but here's a question, where were the two other forwards on that play?

Vickers8

Are you talking about the third goal? I put that on Mashinter. He had the puck and lost it along the boards. I also think Bickel and Gilroy were at the end of the shift.

I agree, he could have dove to knock the puck out of the zone but here's a question, where were the two other forwards on that play?

I think your right, because Mashinter made a bad play also

Vickers8

Cally stat line for game 1 goal +2 7 shots 5 hits (which is BS, he had 4 hits on 1 shift in 2nd period) 2 blocks (which is BS, he blocked 3 shots in the 2nd period alone) 26;02 Ice time 27 shifts

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Cally stat line for game 1 goal +2 7 shots 5 hits (which is BS, he had 4 hits on 1 shift in 2nd period) 2 blocks (which is BS, he blocked 3 shots in the 2nd period alone) 26;02 Ice time 27 shifts

He had an amazing game and I agree about the stats. Richards had two giveaways on one shift and they had him for a total of one for the game.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
"LOL" pretty much summed it up, I thought we had a legitimate chance to tie the game. I'm not hitting the panic button just yet, but I'm keeping it within my sight.

BTW halfway during the first period half my entire row was empty so I called my buddy down and ****ing 5 minutes later everyone decides to show up. That **** pisses me the **** off.

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
I'm really not that upset about losing, I'm tired of watching dump and chase. Players are scared to death to make a mistake and have El Duće punish them! It's safe for BB to throw the puck in and go try and run into defenseman that beats him to it. When's the last time he carried the puck over the blue line, kept possession and made a pass?................ Cue the crickets!
And don't get me started about the strategy of constantly throwing the puck behind the net over and over. Somebody needs to get the puck either to the point or even shoot it on net and look for deflection or a rebound for the love of everything holy!
And lastly- how about some urgency??! Before you have to pull the goalie.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I want them to consistently play like they did the last 10 or so. Do that and I'm a satisfied camper (for now)

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I laughed so hard in the GDT from this game. Kreider did eff up on that one goal though he had no pressure and the puck and taps it toward the blueline. The first 3 goals I was mad at ouyr D and team but obviously that 4th one was just.... Puke

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad