Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Jets - The LOL Edition

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
BURN IT DOWNNNNNN!

Just kidding, of course. Callahan looked good...

High And Wide*

One of the worst games Henrik Lundqvist has ever played.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
he has not been put in a position to succeed AT ALL this season. he was on a line with mashinter and halpern and then got benched halfway through the game for something he didnt do. what do you want from him exactly?

I want him to hustle, play hard, keep his feet moving, shoot the puck, use his speed to his advantage, use his size to his advantage, play with a chip on his shoulder, hit someone, show aggression....should I continue?

Playing his linemates is a cop out. He has the tools, but he's afraid of being put in the, as JD would call it...the chateau bow wow....

Championship*

Where's the guy who was saying this should be an easy week for the rangers, that said the jets should be an easy win? Come on out and take a bow!

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
Tough game to lose. Good comeback effort. Unfortunate miscue there from Hank on that 4th goal. There are positives to take away from this game. Hopefully Nash and DZ are ready to go for the next one.

KreiMeARiver*

What a great game. After a hard day's work...this is just what I needed/wanted.

See you guys on the rim of the GWB!!!

*Bob Richards*

It always seems to be one guy on the other team. Kane, Clarkson, Prust who has 60:01 of ice time.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I want him to hustle, play hard, keep his feet moving, shoot the puck, use his speed to his advantage, use his size to his advantage, play with a chip on his shoulder, hit someone, show aggression....should I continue?

Playing his linemates is a cop out. He has the tools, but he's afraid of being put in the, as JD would call it...the chateau bow wow....
Gotta be fair, he has been a lot more pysical lately. Earlier in teh game he was putting down their big defenseman.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
At least for tonight, Pavelec > Lundqvist. Lundqvist cost the Rangers at least a point.

That being said, the defensive coverage in the second period was pretty bad.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Agreed, and he HAS been given a chance to succeed. He's played with Richards and Gaborik, he's played with Callahan. Enough is enough. Step up or get the **** out.

That being said, I think he looked good tonight before the penalty. He should not have been benched tonight, IMO.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I actually thought, despite giving up three goals, that Hank was the second best Ranger on the ice behind Callahan tonight. Then he gave up that fourth goal... yikes. I'm not putting this loss on Hank, but that's one he'll want back. Also, Evander Kane is a diving POS... Stay on your feet.

Thought Miller played another pretty uninspiring game. Got a couple of shots off, and he's confident in his own zone which is nice out of a 19 year old, but he continues to get chances that I don't think he deserves. Which puts us at the other end of this same spectrum with Kreider, who continues to get **** on by the coaching staff and put in horrible situations. What did you expect out of a line with Mashinter and Kreider on it, with Bickel and Eminger on D? No surprise that line didn't see the ice after the third Jets goal.

All in all, I thought the effort was somewhat there tonight, at least moreso than recent games, which is encouraging. Throw Nash into the mix tonight, and give Hank another attempt on that Kane shot, and perhaps the Rangers come out of tonight with a point. But alas, they did not, and putting up three goals on Callahan's back might have kept Torts' ass cool for another few games.

This **** needs to be fixed.

Callahan is a warrior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad