Rangers vs Carolina...Who wins and in how many games?

Want to take the temperature on how we feel less than a week before we play the Canes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Sorry, looks like smile is nowadays the only way to show joke-nature of posts. I thought that after my first message it would be clear already that I was here with blink in the eye.

i will use smiles from now on. I referred for the "which means rangers"-part ;)

My bad...I was into my 5th Tito's and Tonic and I should have been asleep...lol

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Rangers sweep, but I'm making a big assumption they will be able to pick up where they left off.

The truth is there is a lot more variability to this playoff season than normal playoff seasons. You don't know who is going to click after a long break. I certainly wouldn't put money on any of these early round games.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Every time a fan spells his name Shestyorkin our chances of winning go down 1%. It’s a physics thing I think.

Well there's a good portion of voters looking for the L for a chance at Lafreniere, so get ready for a lot of misspellings.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rangers sweep, but I'm making a big assumption they will be able to pick up where they left off.

The truth is there is a lot more variability to this playoff season than normal playoff seasons. You don't know who is going to click after a long break. I certainly wouldn't put money on any of these early round games.

I think this is true for the play in series and the 1st round. The teams with a "bye" aren't playing for their lives and sometimes its hard to catch up to a group that already has their engine warm. Wouldn't be a shock at all to see several Tampa-Columbus scenarios happen this year. Perhaps not in the embarrassing fashion it happened in, but that QF round is going to be a minefield for peoples brackets and for those higher seeds.

After that? I mean there are all the variables that exist under normal circumstances (Injuries) but I expect that the better teams will still end up populating the final 4 as they normally do. You don't really see any surprise runs anymore.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Canes in 5. Hank gets the final loss in OT on a BLOOPER. We win lottery & draft Alexis L. All good
And then next season we make first WC spot and then lose to the Bruins in 7 in a heartbreaker LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Hurricanes in 5. They're the better team in my opinion. Regardless of how they play them in the regular season the better teams usually come out on top over the course of a series.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hurricanes in 5. They're the better team in my opinion. Regardless of how they play them in the regular season the better teams usually come out on top over the course of a series.
I love the Hurricanes, but we’re the better team. Aren’t they missing Hamilton and Pesce too?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I love the Hurricanes, but we’re the better team. Aren’t they missing Hamilton and Pesce too?
Carolina is still a stronger team at forward (particularly in the Bottom 6), and arguably even at D without Hamilton/Pesce. Goal is the only aspect the Rangers are clearly better than the Canes at.

Reactions: Jackson Ranger

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Carolina is still a stronger team at forward (particularly in the Bottom 6), and arguably even at D without Hamilton/Pesce. Goal is the only aspect the Rangers are clearly better than the Canes at.
It seems like lots of depth (Carolina) vs. star power and great goaltending (us). We’ll see

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It seems like lots of depth (Carolina) vs. star power and great goaltending (us). We’ll see
I agree.

NYR Top 6 > CAR Top 6
NYR Bot 6 < CAR Bot 6
NYR D <= CAR D (with Hamilton and Pesce out)
NYR G > CAR G

Like the regular season, NYR will live/die based on their lack of depth at forward of defense. Their Bottom 6 was bad in the regular season, and really no faith in the defense outside of Trouba and Fox and MAYBE Tony. Hopefully an off-night for Tony.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I agree.

NYR Top 6 > CAR Top 6
NYR Bot 6 < CAR Bot 6
NYR D <= CAR D (with Hamilton and Pesce out)
NYR G > CAR G

Like the regular season, NYR will live/die based on their lack of depth at forward of defense. Their Bottom 6 was bad in the regular season, and really no faith in the defense outside of Trouba and Fox and MAYBE Tony. Hopefully an off-night for Tony.
You have more faith in Trouba than DeAngelo? Fox and DeAngelo I trust. Lindgren and Trouba we will have to see. Trouba was not very good last playoffs, from what Jets fans said. Other than that, I think you’re overestimating Carolina’s defense with Skjei and Gardiner there. Definitely they have good depth on offense and defense though

Reactions: EdJovanovski

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I might have asked this but can someone explain the Noon game on Monday? Is this because more people are working from home? I hope I don't have much work and can watch the game and "work".

Edit: Is it to fit all the games in for the day?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I might have asked this but can someone explain the Noon game on Monday? Is this because more people are working from home? I hope I don't have much work and can watch the game and "work".

Edit: Is it to fit all the games in for the day?
It's probably because they think MTL/PIT is a better prime-time game, and WSH/TBL to a lesser extent.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's probably because they think MTL/PIT is a better prime-time game, and WSH/TBL to a lesser extent.

I realized later that they can only play two games per time slot. I believe it's only one arena per location, right? So they have to have games at unorthodox times. Sucks.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
You have more faith in Trouba than DeAngelo? Fox and DeAngelo I trust. Lindgren and Trouba we will have to see. Trouba was not very good last playoffs, from what Jets fans said. Other than that, I think you’re overestimating Carolina’s defense with Skjei and Gardiner there. Definitely they have good depth on offense and defense though

If the Trouba who played tonight vs the Islanders is the Trouba we get vs the Canes, that defensive corps edge they have over is not only negated but in fact, I'd think we would have the edge especially with them not having Pesce and likely Hamilton.

Trouba was tremendous tonight and in fact it might be the best I've ever seen him as a Ranger. Hopefully this is the Trouba we see Saturday!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I like our goaltending, our right side d, our top 6.
I like their d balance, even without Hamilton and Pesce and I like their bottom 6 better.
We should be able to beat them, it's up to our goalies and our top 6 imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad