GDT: Rangers vs Canes - "Here I am. Tanking like a Hurricane?" Edition - 3/12/18 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
All while ignoring that they only have 71 points.
NYR will be a point ahead after tonight with a minor league team and goalie. :thumbu:

All of your arguments are based on results and ignores all the reasons behind it. Ya, Georgiev and our minor league team got all of our 70, going on 72 points.

It'd be easy to hire coaches in the league that way. Just hire the guy who most recently had the best team point percentage.

I suppose Jared Bednar should have been banned from coaching hockey after the last Avalanche season.

member 116805

I think zuccarwllo wins it again. Why? Cause people voting wants points. Personally think henriks 2/3 of the season deserves it, but I don't think the people do. Top point scorer gets it, Zucc to tie callahan

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
All of your arguments are based on results and ignores all the reasons behind it. Ya, Georgiev and our minor league team got all of our 70, going on 72 points.

It'd be easy to hire coaches in the league that way. Just hire the guy who most recently had the best team point percentage.

I suppose Jared Bednar should have been banned from coaching hockey after the last Avalanche season.

That's the part that we agree on..

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I can't keep retweeting corporate shill tweets without winning any prizes Sam.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Oh, that's why.
Yep, some places online say empty net goals don’t affect +/-, but the NHL considers empty net situations to be Even Strength (I guess because it’s still 6 players for each team?), so empty net, 4-4, 5-5, and shorthanded goals all count.

Bottom line it’s a pretty silly stat that the Canadiens came up with in the 1950’s when there wasn’t anything better around.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hockey is getting softer faster than the bees are dying. Hopefully by the time we're all eating artificial potatoes, hits will be banned in hockey.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yep, some places online say empty net goals don’t affect +/-, but the NHL considers empty net situations to be Even Strength (I guess because it’s still 6 players for each team?), so empty net, 4-4, 5-5, and shorthanded goals all count.

Bottom line it’s a pretty silly stat that the Canadiens came up with in the 1950’s when there wasn’t anything better around.

Fun fact: the Canadiens are still using it in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad