Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Canes | 3/18/13 | Who needs goals?

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Watched the game at Buffalo Wild Wings, was also watching the Heat game at the same time, so it was a cool night eating very good Wings.

They played better today. Would loved if we would've scored more goals.

Good win! Lets score more goals!

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Roseanne Barr is prettier than this win, but at this point you take the 2 points and hope to build off of it

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Went to MSG for the first time tonight for the game, have to say it was a fantastic experience all around. The Rangers fans in my section were great, knowledgeable, and fun to be around (especially one guy who was floored that Bobby Sanguinetti was playing in the NHL). Had no problems with anyone with me wearing a 'Canes shirt, nothing like a little, clean, banter back and forth.

Would definitely come back next year when we're division rivals.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Awsome work by Torts having the team back into EC-winning form over night. We looked exactly like we did all of last season.

All Hank need to do is win 35 more straight and Torts can act like he is the king of the world again.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Looked like we managed to play the game of hockey after that 1st period atleast. A step in the right direction.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
King Henrik helps us get two big points in the standings.

What I find most concerning is that we still only scored 1 goal. Not only that, it wasn't a "clean" goal if that makes any sense. Callahan was pushed into the goalie and Ellis gave up on the play, just sitting there, expecting a goaltender interference call, and Stepan shot into an empty net.

Obviously, Ellis shouldn't have given up on the play, but if that is the criteria for us to score ONE goal, we're in big trouble.

Have to agree here...

In the immortal words of Ned Braden: "It was a garbage goal... It was a garbage win"

I'll take it obviously but we need to score more than 1 a game. What year was it where we said "Hank can't win 'em all 1-0"? Oh yeah... Every damn year.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
If you dont think we can win, you dont know New York. This is a pivotal point in the season. Perhaps the most pivotal, where we rise from being mediocre and take charge of our destiny. A destiny that will carry us to great feats. I know the PP isnt great, The scoring isnt there, were really not playing well. But tomorrow night will mark the point in the season where the NY Rangers change all that. What you have been witnessing is a slight of hand, a deceitful practice, because we New York Rangers know we are better than that. So your cornered into a corner, we have only two options, Fight or flight, and New York dosent do flight. We do fight, and to the death it shall be, against a devil on ice, For as you slay the devil so the rest of the season goes. So you must ask, do the Rangers want the season to fade away, or do they want the season to turn into a miraculous one. Well ill tell ya, that even softy Gab will be on his A game tomorrow night. For he like the rest of the Rangers know, as i know, and now you know, the pivotal moment has arrived. And a cornered Ranger is a dangerous Ranger, even against a horned Devil. So forget the stats and lace up your boot straps, Tomorrow night is the night.

wasn't the most pivotal point in the season a couple games ago against winnipeg when both of us were tied for 8th place at 28 points with us with a game in hand....ya know after that abysmal loss to a horrible buffalo team where we should have won?...weren't we kinda cornered then in that situation? I forgot...how did that game go against Winnipeg?.....right.....

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If you look at the chance we got tonight, I don't think it's necessarily the lack of offense. Instead, it's the lack of scoring and putting the pucks away. Of course, results is what matters in the end and we're not getting results so it's fair to say we are not generating enough offense in that sense but when you look at our chances... Gaborik breakaway + PS in WPG among others. Nash Breakaway + Richards's mini 2 on 1 and the chances where Nash passed up the puck and the chances that Gabby had but couldn't put away. Any one of those from last night goes in, the game is over 2-1 in regulation. We have to break the opposition goaltender. We can't let them play their game. Back ups play like superstars because we're not getting net front presence and we're not making them guess. Even simple simple things like tapping sticks on the ice and circling instead of standing still makes goaltenders have to focus on more things. we don't carry that offensive mentality and therefore all the intangibles don't happen and goaltenders have a way easier job.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If you look at the chance we got tonight, I don't think it's necessarily the lack of offense. Instead, it's the lack of scoring and putting the pucks away. Of course, results is what matters in the end and we're not getting results so it's fair to say we are not generating enough offense in that sense but when you look at our chances... Gaborik breakaway + PS in WPG among others. Nash Breakaway + Richards's mini 2 on 1 and the chances where Nash passed up the puck and the chances that Gabby had but couldn't put away. Any one of those from last night goes in, the game is over 2-1 in regulation. We have to break the opposition goaltender. We can't let them play their game. Back ups play like superstars because we're not getting net front presence and we're not making them guess. Even simple simple things like tapping sticks on the ice and circling instead of standing still makes goaltenders have to focus on more things. we don't carry that offensive mentality and therefore all the intangibles don't happen and goaltenders have a way easier job.

Realistically you want to play how the Rangers played in the 2nd and 3rd periods (though I seem to still recall some chances by Carolina I didn't like). Puck possession, wearing the other team down, and putting pucks on net is how you win games. Just because they didn't go in tonight doesn't mean they won't IF the Rangers keep playing like that. I thought they were just much more aggressive and kept their feet moving and when they do that, they look like a good team. When they coast around waiting to setup the perfect pass that's easily picked off and then play loose through the neutral zone, then they're terrible.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
they played great in second and third.. and to say our goal was garbage.. no such thing as garbage goals.. plus i feel rangers ddont get bounces like other teams do, they have to work so hard for every goal they get.. it sucks.. been a fan for over 20 yrs and rangers just dont get thos bounces or lucky goals so to speak..

rangers just have to keep shooting (need more shots),especially a team that hasnt scored many goals in a few games..watch pitt, boston, devils.. they shoot from everywhere an anywhere.. and from what i saw from MDZ last night i hope he continues that.. bc we need that offensive game from our d..

hags, step, cally played great as a line.. hags was flying...

nash, richards-gabs play good as well.. got some chances but they need to step up.. need to see more from richards/gabs

pyatt is soft, need to replace him with a torres type player.. someone with a physical game that can provide more offense.. boyle and miller played fine..

4line did what they could, even had a chance to score in 3rd..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad