Confirmed with Link: Rangers to sign Jacob Elmer (RW) (Official announcement in #79)

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Probably worth noting that I seen Elmer play perhaps a half dozen times while he was here with the Storm. I don't follow the team closely, but I don't remember him as being even an above average player.

I have some serious doubts that a kid who never stood out at that level has suddenly put it all together and is tracking toward the NHL, and I think it's far more likely that this past season was a flash in the pan. But I'm rooting for the kid to be the 1-in-a multitude that follows that career trajectory.

Reactions: will1066

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Probably worth noting that I seen Elmer play perhaps a half dozen times while he was here with the Storm. I don't follow the team closely, but I don't remember him as being even an above average player.

I have some serious doubts that a kid who never stood out at that level has suddenly put it all together and is tracking toward the NHL, and I think it's far more likely that this past season was a flash in the pan. But I'm rooting for the kid to be the 1-in-a multitude that follows that career trajectory.

he's one of those players you sign and maybe something happens but right now, I think most of our expectations are low. Girardi was an under the radar signing at first. Vinni Letteri is decent for HFD and the occasional callup. He could end up a no-one like (well, can't remember the nobody signings). Elmer, it's too early to tell.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
couldn't resist the bump

positive headlines for this guy while on his NYR ELC are rare
.... and endangered
(likely extinct come July non-tender,
w Othmann, Rempe, Cuylle, Edstrom, Henriksson ... Vierling, ... maybe even a guy like Cicc or Aaltonen ... joining the local pro ranks)

Update, opps, sorry, StatBoy is teaching me, likely not Aaltonen, or maybe Edstrom, as ElitePropspects indicate both signed at home for '22-23

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
couldn't resist the bump

positive headlines for this guy while on his NYR ELC are rare
.... and endangered
(likely extinct come July non-tender,
w Othmann, Rempe, Cuylle, Edstrom, Henriksson ... Vierling, ... maybe even a guy like Cicc or Aaltonen ... joining the local pro ranks)

Update, opps, sorry, StatBoy is teaching me, likely not Aaltonen, or maybe Edstrom, as ElitePropspects indicate both signed at home for '22-23

Play of the Month?

Not even Player of the Month but Play of the Month?

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Am I dumb or this is offsides. Does the EChl not have this rule?
30ECCC93-D02C-4812-B07C-C7A6258DC68C.jpeg

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad