Confirmed with Link: Rangers to sign Jacob Elmer (RW) (Official announcement in #79)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If he was born a day later, where do you think he would've gone in the Draft?
He wasn't drafted in his eligible years. I don't think his output this season would be enough to get him drafted. Based on his poor numbers prior to this year and the little I've read about him in the past 45 minutes, I'm not really sure why we'd sign him.

The Rangers must see something in him, though. Hopefully they're right.

Reactions: pld459666

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
From the latest 31 Thoughts:

20. North of the border, CHL players are free to sign at any time. Last Saturday, Sportsnet’s Sam Cosentino waxed poetic about WHL Lethbridge’s Jake Elmer, who has scored in 15 of the last 16 games. A Dec. 31 birthday can be a big disadvantage, but Elmer’s worked hard to overcome that, and Cosentino is under the impression he’ll be signed.

Reactions: Wease

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Keep in mind that though he would’ve been draft eligible, he would’ve been older than some picks by more than a year and a half.

He’s been solid this year riding shotgun to Cozens. I’d put him on par with some of the kids you take a flyer on in the late rounds. Most times they don’t pan out, once in a blue moon they do. So you take a shot.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
We've been adding a lot of bottom-sixish right shots lately: Lettieri (great AHL player, hasn't really made the jump to the NHL yet), Lindqvist (went back home), Meskanen (looked good in Hartford, now he's in a slump), Strome (trade). Makes sense to want that kind of player on the next good Rangers team, even if you don't know which one it will be.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
We've been adding a lot of bottom-sixish right shots lately: Lettieri (great AHL player, hasn't really made the jump to the NHL yet), Lindqvist (went back home), Meskanen (looked good in Hartford, now he's in a slump), Strome (trade). Makes sense to want that kind of player on the next good Rangers team, even if you don't know which one it will be.
He's just coming off of an injury (concussion?). Of course he's not going to be back at 100%.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad