Confirmed with Link: Rangers to sign Jacob Elmer (RW) (Official announcement in #79)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If he ever scores against the Ducks, I want this to be shown on the Jumbotron:

Attachments

• EF223553-0763-43F4-96E7-031795F2332C.jpeg
    EF223553-0763-43F4-96E7-031795F2332C.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Riche16

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Worth noting that, while Cozens was present in Lethbridge last year, he only had 53 points in 57 games. At the same time, while Elmer's production was below average all year, he managed to go 4-9-13 in 16 playoff games. So, he started to step it up before this year began, actually.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Players come from all kinds of places and hopefully Elmer works out. Got to do your due diligence and look at as many places and players as possible.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
People cheering for Cozens haven’t watched him play. Nothing stands out about him other than his literal size. With Dach and Lavoie both draft eligible, I’m not even sure if Cozens is the best right handed Center above 6’3 in this draft class

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Let's hope he is that "rare breed" in scoring 50 goals every year.
Hahaha, anyway......this signing begs the question.....what gives?
WHL? Admittedly, I don't know a whole lot of that league, but he has some pretty awesome #'s. 20 years old.......again, what gives? How are we so fortunate to sign guys like this, is this for real......like, what are his chances of being a part of our Rangers moving forward? Or, are all of these stats, just fluff numbers?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Heard he was a real glue guy.
Oh, like Namestnikov? Okay, now I am depressed. Was hoping we grabbed a guy, literally coming from out of the blue. Yeah, kind of like Kevin Hayes. Lol. Hey, Kevin got us a 1st rounder and Lemieux. Not to mention the 300+ games, albeit not ALL of them great, but he was a good chap, a good Ranger for the most part. Would love to bring him back. He loved it here, and that translates to good hockey. Usually.

Reactions: egelband

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
If we don't win the 3rd OA lotto pick or don't trade up to select Cozens, I'm sure we can get Turcotte or Newhook at the 7-9 range.
I would not underestimate the cost of trading up a few spots. re: Brendl, do you forget what it cost to acquire the Brendl pick? Sundstrom, Cloutier, a 1st, and a 3rd. Two young roster players the organization liked and a third to trade up 4 spots. or Sundstrom, Cloutier, Hlavac, Johnsson, 1st, 3rd, 3rd for Lindros. 2.5 years of Lindros. ugh, it's so painful thinking about the early century Rangers...
The first and third we traded for the Brendl pick were the year following. The Rangers kept their own first, traded up from 11th to 9th with Calgary and drafted...wait for it...Jamie Lundmark.

I can’t tell you how disappointing that draft turned out to be.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Oh, like Namestnikov? Okay, now I am depressed. Was hoping we grabbed a guy, literally coming from out of the blue. Yeah, kind of like Kevin Hayes. Lol. Hey, Kevin got us a 1st rounder and Lemieux. Not to mention the 300+ games, albeit not ALL of them great, but he was a good chap, a good Ranger for the most part. Would love to bring him back. He loved it here, and that translates to good hockey. Usually.
Glue guy was a play on the fact that his last name is Elmer. Like Elmer's glue.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Yes we basically just got a Kevin Hayes

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yes we basically just got a Kevin Hayes
I don't know if you're being serious, but if you are, I'll take it. Getting another Hayes-type player would be nice. Not a centerpiece but definitely a top six guy.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I don't know if you're being serious, but if you are, I'll take it. Getting another Hayes-type player would be nice. Not a centerpiece but definitely a top six guy.

He's definitely joking. Elmer is a long shot to ever be an NHLer.

Still a free asset that brass seen enough in to give a shot, but he went undrafted while Hayes was a first rounder.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
People cheering for Cozens haven’t watched him play. Nothing stands out about him other than his literal size. With Dach and Lavoie both draft eligible, I’m not even sure if Cozens is the best right handed Center above 6’3 in this draft class
If nothing about Cozens game stands out to you, then I question if you have actually watched him play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad