TSN: Rangers Taking Calls on Kaapo Kakko

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I didn’t say he isn’t worth anything, but i would be shocked if he was able to garner the equivalent of a late 2nd rounder. If anything, my guess is he ultimately gets traded for someone else with a high pedigree whose game hasn’t translated either.
Lias Andersson was traded for a late 2nd just before turning 22, and he hadn’t even proven that he could stick in the NHL.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Seriously ranger fans. Kakko fits the age of our new core. Blues have several kids coming up in snuggerud dvorsky stenberg lindstein dean and bolduc. What would be the ask from the blues. Just curious.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Seriously ranger fans. Kakko fits the age of our new core. Blues have several kids coming up in snuggerud dvorsky stenberg lindstein dean and bolduc. What would be the ask from the blues. Just curious.
Buchnevich. After free agency. On a new deal. Money retained to make it fit for us. Make it right! FIX IT!

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I didn’t say he isn’t worth anything, but i would be shocked if he was able to garner the equivalent of a late 2nd rounder. If anything, my guess is he ultimately gets traded for someone else with a high pedigree whose game hasn’t translated either.

That was my thought as well. Rags fans thinking they're getting someone like Buchnevich without adding is ridiculous.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
That was my thought as well. Rags fans thinking they're getting someone like Buchnevich without adding is ridiculous.

joke-missed.gif

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Five seasons and 49 goals in 271 games? Yes, he's just 23, but his upside looks limited. His odds of being a top-six forward are low. Honestly, a high second-round pick is probably his value.
Lias Andersson returned a low 2nd round pick. If that's the comp, then Kakko should be worth a mid 1st round pick like the Penguins pick that San Jose acquired last summer.

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lias Andersson returned a low 2nd round pick. If that's the comp, then Kakko should be worth a mid 1st round pick like the Penguins pick that San Jose acquired last summer.
So just use a trade where we bent the other team over instead of all the other examples of teams trading disappointing players who were drafted high for much less. Lias Andersson’s dad was literally part of the Los Angeles Kings staff, that’s why they were willing to move that pick for him lol

Reactions: AirGut

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Five seasons and 49 goals in 271 games? Yes, he's just 23, but his upside looks limited. His odds of being a top-six forward are low. Honestly, a high second-round pick is probably his value.
"Honestly" -- no
he has decent 2nd line MAYBE better upside if he has chem w/2 good linemates.
Has chem w/Cuylle
would have also had w/Chytil, but ok, need to find a dif pivot

that will happen

so not anxious to move

he also fits our age needs
atm no

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
2024 1st from the Avs ?

Edit : I think his value is easily a mid to late 1st. A lot of those don't even make the show.

Also Mikko would be a good mentor and might help his offensive confidence. It would certainly be worth it.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
2024 1st from the Avs ?

Edit : I think his value is easily a mid to late 1st. A lot of those don't even make the show.

Also Mikko would be a good mentor and might help his offensive confidence. It would certainly be worth it.

Mikko being there would of course but the thing KK needs the most is a change of scenery.

The Rangers management have screwed him more than Dallas did Debbie.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
"Honestly" -- no
he has decent 2nd line MAYBE better upside if he has chem w/2 good linemates.
Has chem w/Cuylle
would have also had w/Chytil, but ok, need to find a dif pivot

that will happen

so not anxious to move

he also fits our age needs
atm no

LOL... top 6 forward. Based on what? He is in his 5th year and basically Daigle territory for flops. Too bad because Rangers would be devastating if he and Lafreniere were good #1 or #2 overall guys.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
We appreciate the sympathy...
Win some, lose some. No one could have predicted Chris Kreider would hit a different gear in his late 20s. I'm sure many will claim they saw it, but he looks like a regular 35-goal guy beyond the one freakish year. He was always good but not this elite.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
LOL... top 6 forward. Based on what? He is in his 5th year and basically Daigle territory for flops. Too bad because Rangers would be devastating if he and Lafreniere were good #1 or #2 overall guys.
no LOL

Again, he established satisfactory props for young player on kid line, which had lesser version of LaF

LaF removed to have chem w/bread + Tro

It is not on KK that while they finally have him w/Cuylle, they do not have pivot due to Chytil injury

keep youth w/upside
deal vets
add a good pivot that complements

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
no LOL

Again, he established satisfactory props for young player on kid line, which had lesser version of LaF

LaF removed to have chem w/bread + Tro

It is not on KK that while they finally have him w/Cuylle, they do not have pivot due to Chytil injury

keep youth w/upside
deal vets
add a good pivot that complements
He's on the path to Nail Yakupov greatness.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yet only has 8 points to show for it this season. That's awful Bern.

Slaf has more points in the last 6 games than Kakko has in 33.
you are missing the pt
chemistry is real
it can be important
kid line was broken up to advance LaF + bread
also screwed due to Chytil inj
THEY did not work properly/quickly to get him decent partner
plus they took time for him to heal properly

I'm not unduly concerned as to him going forward if he plays w/Cuylle + a good pivot

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I would take a flyer on Kakoo. Offer is Winnipeg 1st .

We need all the players from 2019 draft .

Dach, Kakkoo , Caufield , Newhook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad