Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Tony DeAngelo [2Y/4.8M AAV] Mod post #120

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Not particularly worried about the QO considering there’s a more than likely chance the Rangers won’t be the ones paying it

well from that standpoint it could impact his trade value...I don't think his QO will but that potential was there before the deal was signed.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
So...ADA “holding out” when he was offered an obviously-below-market deal last summer doesn’t indicate he’s a ball buster after all.

My suspicions are indeed verified. I really hope he sticks with the Rangers longterm. I think he’s a guy we can win with.
Haha exactly. I completely understand why he held out.

I mean, what more can you ask for? If you’re a hater (meaning the haters on Twitter), this has to make you realize that he’s, at the very least, a team player and not completely selfish.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This was exactly what I wanted for the ADA play after hearing how bad the trade market was.

Kick the can down the road, see if Tony can maintain this play, improve his D, and play the left side. Either give him the long term extension at deals end, or trade him with RFA protection. Can’t lose

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This was exactly what I wanted for the ADA play after hearing how bad the trade market was.

Kick the can down the road, see if Tony can maintain this play, improve his D, and play the left side. Either give him the long term extension at deals end, or trade him with RFA protection. Can’t lose

I think he's gone in 12 months time.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Sorry for my ignorance but I’m really not understanding the negative thoughts (minority but still significant %) on this extension.

Yes, I can understand that Tony’s personal opinions may be controversial. However, he’s also a young man. I know that I have definitely evolved my perspective on politics and the world at large since I was a young adult.

The difference is that I didn’t have a platform like Tony. Fans want Players to be themselves and then a judgemental group vilify the player for doing so.

I may not agree with Tony on his world views. But again, he’s a young man and has a lot of room to mature.

I also recall that he was quick to defend K’Andre. To me that action speaks louder than anything.

Again, I love the extension even though I don’t really like the Rangers. Unfortunately your GM is making it harder to dislike your Team. Forecast is looking good.
9808C09B-9D03-4AEC-B48D-2190D53922E7.gif

Edit: Fine, I like your Team

Last edited:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Legit surprised with this. Thought for sure this was going to arbitration, or MAYBE figuring out a questionable long term deal.
Yeah I thought for sure this was going to arbitration

His agent must have talked some sense into him so they could avoid the arbitration unpleasantness

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Sorry for my ignorance but I’m really not understanding the negative thoughts (minority but still significant %) on this extension.

Yes, I can understand that Tony’s personal opinions may be controversial. However, he’s also a young man. I know that I have definitely evolved my perspective on politics and the world at large since I was a young adult.

The difference is that I didn’t have a platform like Tony. Fans want Players to be themselves and then a judgemental group vilify the player for doing so.

I may not agree with Tony on his world views. But again, he’s a young man and has a lot of room to mature.

I also recall that he was quick to defend K’Andre. To me that action speaks louder than anything.

Again, I love the extension even though I don’t really like the Rangers. Unfortunately your GM is making it harder to dislike your Team. Forecast is looking good.
View attachment 372968
Three things.
1. Thank you for the kind words. I always appreciate this kind of stuff when it comes to my favorite player. And I cannot stress this enough, but I was a huge Tony fan long before I knew about his views or anything like that. Not that anyone cares.
2. What team are you a fan of? Come over to the dark side. You already said you like the team;)
And 3. Even though I happen to agree with most of his views (while you don’t, which is perfectly fine), what I don’t like is how he expresses them, but obviously he can do what he wants.

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Three things.
1. Thank you for the kind words. I always appreciate this kind of stuff when it comes to my favorite player. And I cannot stress this enough, but I was a huge Tony fan long before I knew about his views or anything like that. Not that anyone cares.
2. What team are you a fan of? Come over to the dark side. You already said you like the team;)
And 3. Even though I happen to agree with most of his views (while you don’t, which is perfectly fine), what I don’t like is how he expresses them, but obviously he can do what he wants.
1. You’re welcome. I appreciate being able to discuss Players with a knowledgeable fan base. You folks have been very welcoming to me since I became a Member.

2. Canucks fan since birth but as I’ve matured I’ve become a fan of Hockey in general. As an example, I was so excited for Buffalo signing Hall while being miserable with Vancouver not doing anything (until Schmidt thank f***ing God).

Yes, I’m planning to visit more often this coming season, if you folks are comfortable with it. If so.....
66013DC4-B9EA-4C17-8AD2-1C1CEDAC6AC2.gif

Deleted member 23124

Should make it easier to trade him; could definitely see it speeding up the process.
I totally agree.... I honestly do not see him putting up the same numbers next year (neither will Strome IMO).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
1. You’re welcome. I appreciate being able to discuss Players with a knowledgeable fan base. You folks have been very welcoming to me since I became a Member.

2. Canucks fan since birth but as I’ve matured I’ve become a fan of Hockey in general. As an example, I was so excited for Buffalo signing Hall while being miserable with Vancouver not doing anything (until Schmidt thank f***ing God).

Yes, I’m planning to visit more often this coming season, if you folks are comfortable with it. If so.....
View attachment 372973
This guy's cool.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

View attachment 372973
Haha good. Don’t leave us. We would love to have you, Mr. Ginger:)

I agree with you and I also went from being just a “Rangers fan” to a “hockey fan” whose favorite team is still the Rangers. Like you, I can appreciate good players and good GMing from other teams. I’m not a big Canucks fan though, so you’ll have to convince me to warm up to them lol. But anyways, I appreciate the kind words about us.

Also, I would love to have “liked” your post, but I can’t because you used the Lord’s name in vain;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad