Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Tony DeAngelo [2Y/4.8M AAV] Mod post #120

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Don’t read it the same way that you do.

from the MOU

For SPCs signed after the date of this agreement, if the minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary portion of a Player’s Qualifying Offer would otherwise be greater than 120% of the Averaged Amount of the SPC, the minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary portion of the Qualifying Offer will instead be 120% of the Averaged Amount.

For example, if a Player has a 3 year SPC with Paragraph 1 NHL Salaries of $3.0 million in Year 1, $6.0 million in Year 2, and $9.0 million in Year 3, the minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary portion of the Qualifying Offer will be $7.2 million. If, however, such Player’s 3 year SPC had Paragraph 1 NHL Salaries of $5.0 million in Year 1, $6.0 million in Year 2, and $7.0 million in Year 3, the minimum Paragraph 1 NHL Salary portion of the Qualifying Offer will be $7.0 million.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Give Gorton credit for this. Great deal for a point-producing RD like TDA. Easily tradable if the situation calls for it this year or next offseason when Lundkvist comes over.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Good deal for both. Buys the Rangers some time to make a proper evaluation, Tony gets good money now and sets himself up for a big contract after this one.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Great contract. I’m a big Tony D fan but with all the defensive talent we have coming up who knows what the future holds. But in the meantime I’m glad he is back and the cap hit is very reasonable

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
f***ing psyched awesome deal. Great job ADA surely would have gotten more. Not being greedy and a good deal for the team too. Can’t wait for more ADA Panarin magic
I know right! I’m happy asf. He could have EASILY pointed to last year and said, remember when I took under a mil to stay? And anyone who says he had no leverage can f*** off. He deserved a lot more last year, but took a huge discount. And as someone else mentioned, he became the best bargain contract in the NHL.

And 4.8 mil for a 60-65 point defenseman (possibly 70-75 points at his peak imo) is still a crazy good bargain.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I know right! I’m happy asf. He could have EASILY pointed to last year and said, remember when I took under a mil to stay? And anyone who says he had no leverage can f*** off. He deserved a lot more last year, but took a huge discount. And as someone else mentioned, he became the best bargain contract in the NHL.

And 4.8 mil for a 60-65 point defenseman (possibly 70-75 points at his peak imo) is still a crazy good bargain.
Bottom line is this dude is the ultimate team player, and the fact that he continues to take big discounts proves that. The Twitter losers are gonna hate this haha @EdJovanovski

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hopefully they actually do try him on the left side this year to see what he does there
I want to see
DeAngelo-Fox
Lindgren-Trouba

I’m not super happy about it, but if that’s what it takes to keep both ADA and Lundkvist (who I think has the same upside as Fox) on this team, I’m down to try it. DeAngelo and Fox worked well together, although got more offensive deployment together than any other NYR D pairing.

Reactions: Rangers743

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi folks. Really happy for your Team & Tony. I’m a sucker for a comeback arc and this fellow definitely fits.

He obviously loves playing for you and also has some character which the NHL can always use more of.

He appears to have matured while still maintaining his personality. I might not agree with all of his opinions, but I appreciate his willingness to express himself.

Even though he may be a target of criticism, I hope he continues on his progression and just keeps moving forward.
F4C4D765-6622-433C-9238-D2C704358201.gif

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
So...ADA “holding out” when he was offered an obviously-below-market deal last summer doesn’t indicate he’s a ball buster after all.

My suspicions are indeed verified. I really hope he sticks with the Rangers longterm. I think he’s a guy we can win with.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Great contract. I’m a big Tony D fan but with all the defensive talent we have coming up who knows what the future holds. But in the meantime I’m glad he is back and the cap hit is very reasonable
Well, not only is ADA part of that talent, but he’s the most talented defenseman we have and will probably have for a long time (though for best defenseman, it’s a toss-up between ADA and Fox imo). But I see what you’re saying.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Not particularly worried about the QO considering there’s a more than likely chance the Rangers won’t be the ones paying it

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
It really pisses me off because you can tell these people either don’t do their own research and just repeat what they hear, or are complete morons.

Poor K’Andre? Really? Do they expect Tony to commit hate crimes against this dude?
He was like the second player to make a statement in defense of him after the Zoom incident and were D partners all camp long before the bubble, but can't let facts get in the way of a narrative

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad