Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Ryan Lindgren to ECL

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hope to see him finish the season in Hartford strong.

I know not too many people are high on him mostly because of his stats. However, he's a good skater who has been commended for being a very strong shut down guy. The points aren't there, but that may just be a product of being the defensive stalwart on a Minnesota team. His stat line this season is almost identical to Skjei's final college season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hope to see him finish the season in Hartford strong.

I know not too many people are high on him mostly because of his stats. However, he's a good skater who has been commended for being a very strong shut down guy. The points aren't there, but that may just be a product of being the defensive stalwart on a Minnesota team. His stat line this season is almost identical to Skjei's final college season.

Minny had a terrible time generating sustained offense this year. The upperclassmen in particular never got going - it was always something and they leaned a lot on the freshmen by the end of the year. Lindgren has very good mobility as any d-man playing on the Olympic sheet up there must, and he plays a hard game. It'll be interesting to see how his offense comes out over time -- there is some skill to be mined out but his bread and butter is still facing and shutting down scorers. He seems a bit of a throwback in that regard.

Sorry to intrude, I've just seen him a lot this year keeping tabs on Mittelstadt and thought I'd offer my 2 cents.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He was far and away the best defenseman on this past season's version of the Gophers.
CS--what did you think of Nanne? Also, what would you say the breakdown was for Nanne in terms of playing D vs. F?

Thanks for the note on Lindgren. And good to see you. Still alive and kicking! :)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
CS--what did you think of Nanne? Also, what would you say the breakdown was for Nanne in terms of playing D vs. F?

Thanks for the note on Lindgren. And good to see you. Still alive and kicking! :)

Nanne is part of that nebulous group of guys who I thought were ill-served by Lucia this season. He moved him up on the wing (I think it was the series against St. Cloud) and his line got rocked with Sheehy and Pitlick. I think Mittelstadt came back for the next game and Nanne stayed with Szmutula and Gates for that and the next few.

Lucia moved him around too much. I thought he was better early in the year on RD than he was on either wing in January. I know he put him back on D later... I'd be interested to see what the new coach does with him. Getting turns with 4th liners like Ramsey and Norman also wasn't really all that great. It certainly doesn't play to his strengths. Next year should be telling -- he's got the tools, would love to see him get over the heart thing and get back on track. I have a soft-spot for tiny D-men who overcome to get to the show.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I’m excited by this. I think he has good NHL potential. He will be solid. Maybe a pre-injury Marc Staal-lite. I like what I see.

Work has been so crazy lately that I have caught like 3 total periods of Rangers hockey and have been barely been keeping up with team news. Glad I caught this tidbit. Am I seeing that Lias might play soon as well?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I’m excited by this. I think he has good NHL potential. He will be solid. Maybe a pre-injury Marc Staal-lite. I like what I see.

Work has been so crazy lately that I have caught like 3 total periods of Rangers hockey and have been barely been keeping up with team news. Glad I caught this tidbit. Am I seeing that Lias might play soon as well?
Lias and Chytil are expected to be brought up as a pair next week to play out the final 7 games of the season with the big boys.

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Any official word on if he can play in Hartford the rest of the year?
Yes, he's signing an ATO to finish the year in Hartford, and then his ELC starts next season. There's a tweet on the first page from Dan Cove, and Brooks and Mike Russo reported it as well. They sent down Zboro to the ECHL to make room for Lindgren

Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yes, he's signing an ATO to finish the year in Hartford, and then his ELC starts next season. There's a tweet on the first page from Dan Cove, and Brooks and Mike Russo reported it as well. They sent down Zboro to the ECHL to make room for Lindgren
Great, thanks for the info. I saw a few people say it but hadn’t found anything official.

Should be interesting to see how he fares against AHL competitoon.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad