Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Ryan Lindgren to ECL

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If I'm not mistaken, he will report to Hartford on ATO/PTO....

That Drew Cove tweet says he signed at ATO with the Rangers, not Hartford. It could be a mistake, but it would be cool if he's up with the Rangers so we can see how he looks.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
That Drew Cove tweet says he signed at ATO with the Rangers, not Hartford. It could be a mistake, but it would be cool if he's up with the Rangers so we can see how he looks.
I don't believe he can sign a try-out with the Rangers.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't believe he can sign a try-out with the Rangers.

I think he can.

ATO, PTO What? A Primer on Hockey Contracts

ATO- this is an Amateur Try-Out agreement, and is for players who are coming in from college and have never played at the professional level. These type of contracts are common at the end of the season as many players try to break in to the pro leagues after the college or junior season is over. The ECHL, AHL and NHL all use ATOs.

Reactions: GregSirico

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
So what's the general consensus?
Can he play on the big club or he's strictly AHL bound?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Actually I think The Mouth would be a Lindgren fan. Just a hunch.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I remember when the Flyers had some injuries one year and had no cap space they used some ATOs to fill their roster, but I don't remember anyone using them like this before.

Maybe it was just because of the playoffs, but the Rangers had to burn a year from Kreider’s ELC for him to play in for us in 2012.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

He cannot.

(b) Amateur Try-Out Agreement. Notwithstanding Section 11.1(a) above, a Club and an amateur Player will be permitted to execute the form Amateur Try-Out Agreement ("ATO") annexed hereto as Exhibit 17 under emergency conditions as set forth in Section 13.12(m)(ii). The Club shall submit to Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereto, an ATO form signed by the Club and the Player. The League shall use reasonable efforts to approve and register, or reject, the ATO prior to the NHL Regular Season Game in which the amateur Player is scheduled to play and shall provide notification of such approval and registration or rejection forthwith to the NHLPA and the Club, and the Club in turn shall notify the Player, in accordance with Exhibit 3. No Player shall play in an NHL Regular Season Game pursuant to an ATO unless and until approved by the League

It has to be an emergency.

Reactions: NYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad