Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Cody McLeod to a one year deal

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
how the **** is there 9 pages about this signing?

because its the only news to post about ...
soon we'll get the coaching staff
then the arb cases
but the group is salivating for meaningful roster moves
maybe we get a ncaa ufa signing in 5 weeks...

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
yeesh. who were we going to sign for 1 yr who is better ?

its a 1 yr deal for a guy who should have the back of this young, rebuilding team. lots of younger guys and not much in the way of a proven enforcer or tough guy.

as much as he's bad at hockey, he's equal parts good at being a teammate and in the locker room. if he allows our guys to run around and play physical, then he's got a spot on this roster.

this is as much about developing a team dynamic as it is about adding a guy who can make a regular shift. he may only get a few shifts per period 5v5 but those shifts may well serve a purpose. the 4th line is a matchup line and an energy line. if he provides that, then its fine.

teams are made up of all types of role players.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
This is what drives me crazy on here. It’s like the whole conversation you had with Jonathan might as well have not happened

The echo chamber stifled this place a long time ago.

You still think open analysis is happening?

Anyway, really good players who are also good at teaching really good work ethic aren’t available for slightly over $1 million for one year.

I disagree with every other thing I’ve read about why he was signed besides that he will be a “bus guy”, and given the rebuild, cap space, and easy burial of the contact, it’s fine by me since there is little to lose.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I actually expected more at this point.

Who we take with a first round pick and the merits of fringe talents have always been the two hottest topics on here.

The former is understandable. The latter can be amusing, especially with the benefit of time.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This is what drives me crazy on here. It’s like the whole conversation you had with Jonathan might as well have not happened

Same and I don't know what to attribute it to. People, if not most than at least a big segment, refuse to absorb information, and not only in the form of opposite of points of view but even facts. That's why we seem to go over discussing the same issues or making the same points over and over.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Every kid needs a "tough Uncle Cody" type to learn the dark side of life, especially when the parents are a couple of modern day p***yes.

In a season that the team isn't expected to compete, it will be nice to have someone besides Kreider to be that protection guy with all the young guys and finesse players. Someone like Vesey or Lias will benefit from learning from him. They're two guys who I believe will have to bring a tougher element to their game, bordering on pest status, to be fully effective... Lias to a higher offensive potential, of course. That type of play is an art.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
Every kid needs a "tough Uncle Cody" type to learn the dark side of life, especially when the parents are a couple of modern day *****es.

In a season that the team isn't expected to compete, it will be nice to have someone besides Kreider to be that protection guy with all the young guys and finesse players. Someone like Vesey or Lias will benefit from learning from him. They're two guys who I believe will have to bring a tougher element to their game, bordering on pest status, to be fully effective... Lias to a higher offensive potential, of course. That type of play is an art.

He’ll be protecting Gorton’s beers in the press box if anything. I don’t see Quinn as the type of coach to utilize this type of player

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every kid needs a "tough Uncle Cody" type to learn the dark side of life, especially when the parents are a couple of modern day *****es.

I might buy this if McLeod threw a single hit last year.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
And all the creative No emotes on twitter - he will be useful. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad