Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Cody McLeod to a one year deal

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No there aren’t. There are plenty who do different things that you personally like more. But there are none who bring more.

You don't think there's NHL-caliber players who can provide what whatever it is that he provides?

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
What does McLeod “add”? Hitting? Fighting? Leadership?

I guess his value depends on how much importance you give to those aspects of the game, because I don’t think it’s debatable that he’s absolutely horrific at pretty much everything else.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

I guess his value depends on how much importance you give to those aspects of the game, because I don’t think it’s debatable that he’s absolutely horrific at pretty much everything else.

Glue.

That’s important to any team, though I agree with you otherwise.

I would characterize him as a pretty bad fighter too.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Glue is great in the locker room, but once you hit the ice, skill and talent matter more.

Guess who doesn't have skill or talent? McLeod.

If I had to choose between great locker room guy/average player vs great player/average locker room guy...I take the great player.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Glue is great in the locker room, but once you hit the ice, skill and talent matter more.

Guess who doesn't have skill or talent? McLeod.

If I had to choose between great locker room guy/average player vs great player/average locker room guy...I take the great player.

Glue matters on the bench too. And you don’t get it from people who stand behind the players.

And no one is saying that skill and talent aren’t the most important things. But without glue, that skill and talent will not be maximized.

I don’t think you would get any disagreement in the choice you laid out either. However, we are talking about 4th liners. So if the choice is between a great locker room guy/legitimately bad player and a below average player/average locker room guy, it becomes a lot murkier.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I would rather give hartnell a 2 or even 3 year deal than give mcleod 1. Hartnell plays the right way.

And frankly if we're gonna take on Cally I'd rather just....have...Cally.

Reactions: Machinehead

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I would rather give hartnell a 2 or even 3 year deal than give mcleod 1. Hartnell plays the right way.

And frankly if we're gonna take on Cally I'd rather just....have...Cally.
I don't know about 2 or 3 years, but Hartnell would be a fine choice over Cody for 1 year. Maybe that option wasn't there.

It's really not a big deal either way, though. The hyperbolic reactions to this is pretty ridiculous. He'll probably dress for about 30 games, mostly against teams like NYI who are loaded with douche bags.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I was not impressed with McLeod, I think he must have really declined last few years. I don't understand what they think he does better than Tanner Glass.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

I’m choosing to look at it as the Rangers just hiring a really expensive babysitter for the kids.

Surprised the Islanders didn’t snatch him first.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I’m choosing to look at it as the Rangers just hiring a really expensive babysitter for the kids.

Surprised the Islanders didn’t snatch him first.
I bet Lou offered him something absurd like 4x2.5 and both McLeod and his agent thought it was a joke, so they went with the more "realistic" offer from Gorton.

"Oh that Lou, what a prankster!"

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Why do you loathe fringe players so much?

a fair point, but I just get enjoyment out of watching GOONS play hockey. I want them all out of the game and it hurts the product to see them get even 5 minutes of ice time.

Brash destroyed Good Ranger and Nice Guy Blair Betts in the playoffs then we sign him the following offseason. Joke. Talentless hack.

Hollweg was the most "hockey player" out of Brash, Glass and McLeod but he lost us games with his wreckless boarding majors and was a danger to others on the ice.

Watching McLeod play for the team last year was a borderline disgrace. He would skate around an entire shift begging for fights. He provided nothing, made no effort to provide anything so I assume he is incapable of providing anything else.

Adam Hall I realize was not in anyway a goon, but was the most invisible Ranger of all time. Played what like 20 games? Can't recall a thing he did. Does a picture of him exist in a Rangers uniform?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->