Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Chytil To 2-Year Deal

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The thing here is that you have to identify who to bridge and who to commit to long term. If you mess that up, you end up with a scenario like Brady Skjei.

I don't think Chytil has done enough to warrant long-term commitment.
To the first sentence... yes? You don't want to give a long term contract to someone unless you think they're going to continue to develop and play up to what that long term contract is going to be worth. Goes without saying.

What chytil has done is more than enough, for me, in combination with his talent and production so far, to justify the long term raise if the organization had more than a thimbles worth of long term planning ability.

The lesson to learn from skjei is that young guys with a ton of potential and a hint of talent, who are locked up for cheap, can still get you a 1st bc of how tantalizing their potential is and bc they're so far from the end of their prime. The lesson should not be to be afraid of committing to young guys while throwing more than half a decade at nearly 30 year old guys.

Brady skjei was a good scenario. A guy you could keep for decent money or trade for a valuable bit of draft capital.

Brady skjei didn't have the potential or talent chytil does. I felt the same about buch.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
someone photoshop his face

iu

And change the "FF" to "FC" and the "445" to "72".

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I have long advocated that we sign him to the Dvorak contract, but if the player wants to bet on his own upside, what can you do?

if it's an RFA with no leverage and not much by way of counting stats, hopefully, you can make it happen if you want to.

the fact that the Rangers feel they can't move on from Strome without another center coming in tells me that they either 1) think the bridge deal is wise because if Chytil can step up in a year or two, then they can sign him long term after or 2) don't have him in the long term plans.

I find it hard to believe a non-arb eligible RFA who's never scored more than 22 points or played more than 75 games in a season (and his representation, specifically) are turning down 25 million in guaranteed earnings. It's not like 27-8 y/o UFAs struggle to cash in.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yeah yeah, Kakko missed an open net and failed on a partial breakway, but the kid line looked very good. Chytil with the goal, Laf making plays. He also had Raanta beat with a wrister and it rang off the post.

Encouraging to see regardless of the outcome. Also felt the Rangers played two very solid periods, getting back to the defensive structure that gave them success during the season.

Panarin looked better, but Strome has been virtually invisible. We need a lot more from him.

Miller is a stud.

Regroup, take the positives from this game and try to split in game 2, although I think we all kinda know tonight was their chance to do that.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
the points haven't been there but Chytil has been great these playoffs. he brings much needed speed and hard play on the puck down low to that line and has enabled a lot of their minute long forechecks

Thats my biggest knock on the kid line… for all that they have done they are still a -4 on the playoffs and have only scored like 4 or 5 goals.

They need to start finishing these golden chances they produce. Its just so frustrating. Playing so well but not finishing consistently

Reactions: Crease

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
the points haven't been there but Chytil has been great these playoffs. he brings much needed speed and hard play on the puck down low to that line and has enabled a lot of their minute long forechecks

Well he’s gotta produce more next year and maybe win a faceoff . He’s likely getting Goodrow and Blair as linemates

Laf and Kakko need top 6 time w Strome and Vatrano likely out

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Why can't the kid line be the second line?
10-93-20
13-72-24
18-21-blaise
We're getting to the point where it looks like we don't need to coddle them anymore, we have the depth to stack that top line now. We've seen it a lot near the end of games where we need a goal and those 3 together are like having a PP.

Reactions: cheech70

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad