Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Chytil To 2-Year Deal

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Wanted longer years. We give 6 to goodrow, we can't take a risk on locking someone up for lower salary in their prime instead of their prime retirement home years?
doesn’t even have to be 6 years. we could’ve given him a 4 year deal and I believe he’d still be a RFA.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Not surprising in the least, but if we are wondering why this team never has good contracts...this is why.

GREAT production / 60 and pretty good performance in underlying metrics...little reason to suspect he couldn't be a strong 3C with upside as a 2C for the foreseeable future. NYR have cap space to "overpay" in the short term. Yet the narrative is he "needs to "prove himself" despite limited opportunity to actually do so.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I really wanted more term. These bridges NYR love so much with their forwards have bit them many times.
yup

a lot of the time it isn’t the personnel that hurts us, but cap and asset management. that’s been our biggest problem the last few years.

Reactions: CLW

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Everyone is complaining about bridging him, but I don't see any reason Chytil would want 6 years right now. Lock himself into a 3M salary for 6 years? He's still hoping to breakout and get himself a 5M AAV after this. Four years would take him to UFA. Maybe we could have gotten a third year, but there's no incentive for Fil to take a 5+ year deal right now when he has no leverage for salary demands. I doubt he'd have agreed to a 6 year offer right now. He wants a shot at 2C and a chance to earn.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Wanted longer years. We give 6 to goodrow, we can't take a risk on locking someone up for lower salary in their prime instead of their prime retirement home years?

Why do we LOVE risking the old guys won't fall off (they ALWAYS do) but we refuse to risk signing a young guy bc we're worried he might not develop further?

How do you know Chytil would have accepted a longer deal? Why take a 6 year deal at 3.5/4.0 mil when he can sign for 2 years and then re-sign for 5+ mil on his next contract?

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
edit: nvm read that as Chara for some reason (no coffee yet) and my brain imploded lol

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Bridge deals are only bad if good things happen. Chytil is clearly betting on himself and perhaps knows with a better team this year and potentially more play time, his next contract will be 5 mil plus.

Reactions: doomscroll

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
I like the timing...Filip is gonna be Jagr lite....he will need to name his son Gerard

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If a bridge had to happen, two years, leaving him with 2 RFA years, is the best position for the team.

If he breaks out, it will be said they should have signed him longer and bought up UFA years, yet we don't know if he was willing to do that at a team friendly cap hit.

If he stays the same, it's not going to be that much more expensive to extend him again. With two RFA years left he can't just play out his qualifier or go to arbitration and walk as a UFA.

If he gets worse, whatever, it's two years.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4