Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Bobby Trivigno

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Is he as fast as Motte?
Perhaps he gets a chance on 4th line next season if we cant sign him
But ultimately this is a great move for Hartford. If he ever makes it to the big leagues then that's just gravy

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Good plug and play piece in 2 years time when we need cheap guys on 3rd and 4th lines like Penguins had after winning a Cup... Get a season of cheap play and toss them out and grab another one . We'll need a few like that . Goodrow/Reaves and crew won't be here very long .

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Our Gallagher clone is Berard. I think Trivigno is more a Callahan-type in the way he plays. Feisty kid who never gives up on a play.

Size-wise, he's the closest to someone like Caufield but it's dangerous to make comparisons on size alone because you end up focusing on a characteristic that doesn't necessarily impact the style of that player.

Loose comparisons based on style (not upside)...

Brennan Othmann: Kyle Connor
Brett Berard: Brendan Gallagher
Ryder Korczak: Brayden Point
Will Cuylle: Tom Wilson
Brandon Scanlin: Brayden McNabb
Bobby Trivigno: Ryan Callahan
Lauri Pajuniemi: Victor Olofsson
Justin Richards: Dominic Moore
Patrick Khodorenko: Radek Faksa
Austin Rueschhoff: Austin Watson

It's interesting to see how many of these make it to the NHL. Some are long-shots, some are more likely to get there. Man, this part of the rebuild is fun.
I enjoy reading your posts, buddy.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Trivigno>>>Makar confirmed. :sarcasm:
Wasn't my words. I don't have the article but I didn't make it up. Anyway I don't think that was what was trying to be said. A superstar who stays for one year only impacts one year, a player who stays for all four has a greater impact on more players and the overall culture of the team. At least that's what I took from it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Our Gallagher clone is Berard. I think Trivigno is more a Callahan-type in the way he plays. Feisty kid who never gives up on a play.

Size-wise, he's the closest to someone like Caufield but it's dangerous to make comparisons on size alone because you end up focusing on a characteristic that doesn't necessarily impact the style of that player.

It's interesting to see how many of these make it to the NHL. Some are long-shots, some are more likely to get there. Man, this part of the rebuild is fun.
Thanks for those comparisons. Do you mean to say that we have no Austin Matthews in pipeline? lol.
And yeah, this is like the 2nd wave of picks just cooking and competing for a chance. Fun stuff.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

I agree with most of this.

I disagree on Othmann. Conner is a great player but not as tough and with the physical edge that agitates that Othmann has. I think Othmann reminds me of a Matthew Tkachuk lite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad