Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Bobby Trivigno

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ

Could he be a Fox??? High level with small size? His resume is impressive and seems to be peaking..

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

Could he be a Fox??? High level with small size? His resume is impressive and seems to be peaking..
Fox was a 3rd round pick. He went undrafted, that should say something about his high end potential.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Fox was a 3rd round pick. He went undrafted, that should say something about his high end potential.

Yeah, um, no. Oates, St. Louis, Kerr, Bobrovsky, Joey Mullen, Dan Boyle, Ciccarelli, and on and on were undrafted.

And, if you want to get technical about it, Gretzky was never drafted by an NHL team either.

By all accounts the guy will be an NHL'er best on his work ethic and sheer determination. It cost us nothing so nothing to lose.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Fox out produced him in college. Trivigno is a forward.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Am I missing something or does this place need a bit of a reality check on this guy. He was undrafted and had worse college production than Vesey.

I’m all for grabbing free assets, but this guy seems like a career AHLer.

Is someone penciling him in the top six or something? He's probably a 3rd line NHL player at best, but, by all accounts, he's a seriously determined SOB. And... it cost us nothing.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Is someone penciling him in the top six or something? He's probably a 3rd line NHL player at best, but, by all accounts, he's a seriously determined SOB. And... it cost us nothing.
I saw posts about him being on the 2nd or 3rd line when Kakko comes back in another thread. This guy shouldn’t play a game this year with the roster we have.

Reactions: mas0764

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Am I missing something or does this place need a bit of a reality check on this guy. He was undrafted and had worse college production than Vesey.

Agree…. I don’t expect much from this honestly.

Reactions: CasusBelli

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Trivigno had better numbers in college than Kreider.

GamesGoalsPointsGoals Per GamePoints Per Game
Kreider1144992.43.81
Trivigno13953131.38.94

I'm not saying that Trivigno will come anywhere close to the success that Kreider has had, but draft pedigree and production at a lower league don't tell the whole story.

The bottom line is that Trivigno is one of the top college free agents, and we signed him. If he doesn't pan out, he doesn't, but it's a free asset that hopefully can help us, even if it's only in Hartford.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Pretty sure the Rangers wanted to sign Trevigno last year. Berard is small too. Both of these players are very aggressive and super competitive and if we’re going to have smaller players in our lineup that’s for the best.

keeping in mind as well there were other teams after him including the Isles, Florida and Nashville that we know of.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3