Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Bobby Trivigno

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This is the type of move you make so you don't have to pay a premium for bottom sixers. He's physical and high energy. He can finish some plays. There was an article a week or so ago that said Cale Makar gets all the hype, but Trivigno was the most important guy in their program. Its low risk, all reward. You need guys like this to keep the roster competetive.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
good signing. if we get Meyers to sign, we basically make up for the assets lost in acquiring Copp (less Barron). The costs of Braun, Vatrano and motte were not overwhelming either.Maybe 2 of these guys resign. or Copp at least...

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Am I missing something or does this place need a bit of a reality check on this guy. He was undrafted and had worse college production than Vesey.

I’m all for grabbing free assets, but this guy seems like a career AHLer.
Very rarely do “sure things” from North America not get drafted, and even more rarely do unstaffed players amount to much.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
It's more middle and bottom six depth. At some point all those guys are going to price themselves out of here (Rooney) and prospects like Cullye/Othmann/Berrard and maybe Edstrom are going to need opportunities or be used in packages.

I look forward to Edstrom and Trivigno as the Rangers version of Penn and Teller.

Reactions: egelband

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Id sign up for that. Can he play for us this year or does he likely need more development

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Id sign up for that. Can he play for us this year or does he likely need more development
His contract starts next year. He's playing for Hartford tonight on an ATO. I'm guessing he'll be in Hartford again next year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Really hard to project the small guys. Even if they're sturdy, like a Christian Thomas, some of them don't translate.

With that said I think Trivigno has substantially more offensive upside than some are giving him credit for.

Reactions: JMan74 and egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is the type of move you make so you don't have to pay a premium for bottom sixers. He's physical and high energy. He can finish some plays. There was an article a week or so ago that said Cale Makar gets all the hype, but Trivigno was the most important guy in their program. Its low risk, all reward. You need guys like this to keep the roster competetive.

Trivigno>>>Makar confirmed. :sarcasm:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Oh, btw did anyone hear Joe say that he was 5'6 on the broadcast yesterday? That was a mess up right? He is 5'8-9 correct?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
There is a little shithead, pain in the oppositions ass that plays for the Canadiens........yeah, Brendan Gallagher.
So......if he is anything like him, why WOULDN'T we entertain the possibility? But, not this year, for sure.
Coming from a tiny tike, those hits were something else, hands dont look too bad either.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
There is a little shithead, pain in the oppositions ass that plays for the Canadiens........yeah, Brendan Gallagher.
So......if he is anything like him, why WOULDN'T we entertain the possibility? But, not this year, for sure.
Coming from a tiny tike, those hits were something else, hands dont look too bad either.

Our Gallagher clone is Berard. I think Trivigno is more a Callahan-type in the way he plays. Feisty kid who never gives up on a play.

Size-wise, he's the closest to someone like Caufield but it's dangerous to make comparisons on size alone because you end up focusing on a characteristic that doesn't necessarily impact the style of that player.

Loose comparisons based on style (not upside)...

Brennan Othmann: Kyle Connor
Brett Berard: Brendan Gallagher
Ryder Korczak: Brayden Point
Will Cuylle: Tom Wilson
Brandon Scanlin: Brayden McNabb
Bobby Trivigno: Ryan Callahan
Lauri Pajuniemi: Victor Olofsson
Justin Richards: Dominic Moore
Patrick Khodorenko: Radek Faksa
Austin Rueschhoff: Austin Watson

It's interesting to see how many of these make it to the NHL. Some are long-shots, some are more likely to get there. Man, this part of the rebuild is fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad