Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Bobby Trivigno

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Funny to see Vesey mentioned. I think Trivigno could be a consistent version of the wonder season that Harvard teammate of Vesey, Colin Blackwell, had for us. 25-35 points with a real chip on his shoulder and that pesky, always on you won't/go away thing that little guys have that drive you nuts.

Man, I hated small players as a d-man. Haha

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Funny to see Vesey mentioned. I think Trivigno could be a consistent version of the wonder season that Harvard teammate of Vesey, Colin Blackwell, had for us. 25-35 points with a real chip on his shoulder and that pesky, always on you won't/go away thing that little guys have that drive you nuts.

Man, I hated small players as a d-man. Haha
A less skilled Marchand Ill take it

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
A lot of the top collegiate UDFA demand (or at the least, their agents do) that their contract begins when they sign, burning a year of their ELC. The fact we were able to get Trivigno on an amateur tryout agreement in Hartford and slide the ELC to next season is a huge, huge win. With him being a Rangers’ fan from Long Island I was hopeful this would be the case but you just never know.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
crumbs, I keep posting thinks intended for 'us' at the 'neutral' "Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk" thread ...

this meant for here
"its a decent prove-it opportunity for him too,
he turned 23 in Jan, so, if he doesn't play 80 NHL games over next 2 seasons, he could become Group 6 UFA*
In mean time, he plays not far from campus and family

and even if he is more Motte/Brodzinski, than Zucc, it seems like he's a Turk kinda player"

OOPS - that's wrong, need 3 pro seasons before Group 6 eligible

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Pretty sure the Rangers wanted to sign Trevigno last year. Berard is small too. Both of these players are very aggressive and super competitive and if we’re going to have smaller players in our lineup that’s for the best.

keeping in mind as well there were other teams after him including the Isles, Florida and Nashville that we know of.

Trivigno was invited to prospect camp in 2020 and 2021, but due to the pandemic, prospect camp was delayed past the deadline for college players to attend.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If he turns out to be Vesey 2.0, who cares? He cost us nothing and we got a couple of years and 3rd round pick out of that signing. By all accounts that I've read he's an undersized guy with a chip on his shoulder and great work ethic. Doesn't sound bad to me.
Yeah, I mean, it's fun for fans of other teams to say, "Will he be as good as Vesey?" but the reality is Vesey cost us absolutely nothing, not even a late draft pick, was a 30-point guy for three years, and then himself became a third round pick. If that's the path Trivigno takes, it's a f***ing win any way you look at it.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Trivigno had better numbers in college than Kreider.

GamesGoalsPointsGoals Per GamePoints Per Game
Kreider1144992.43.81
Trivigno13953131.38.94

I'm not saying that Trivigno will come anywhere close to the success that Kreider has had, but draft pedigree and production at a lower league don't tell the whole story.

The bottom line is that Trivigno is one of the top college free agents, and we signed him. If he doesn't pan out, he doesn't, but it's a free asset that hopefully can help us, even if it's only in Hartford.

Kreider went straight to college, Trivigno did an extra year in the USHL. It's not an accurate comparison.

In his 20 y/o Junior season Kreider had 1.0 pt / g. Trivigno in his 20 y/o Sophomore season had 0.6 pt /game.

For recent college players I've seen quoted because they are also under the avg measurables of the NHL - Gaudreau was at 2.0 pt / game in his 20 year old Junior season. Caufield was at 1.7 pt / game in his 19 year old Sophomore season. Trivigno put up 1.3 pt / game as a 22 year old Senior.

Agreed in that it's a zero-risk move and there's no reason not to pursue it. But let's not get it twisted.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I think his effort and motor will fit well with the bottom 6 mix over the next 2 years. Does he play good defense/PK at all? Im now trained to ask that with every new addition the Drury Rangers make. At minimum this is backfilling one of the picks we got at the deadline and can really help HFD.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I like Trivigno but (besides being a nice free asset) also don’t think it makes a ton of sense. The entire league is going to be in on Meyers though.

Reactions: Uglybstrd

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Free prospect, what’s not to like?

Hopefully he can make the team and we can get two years of bottom 6 contribution of of him for an ELC price.

Great that we’re not burning the first year of the deal this season.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If you’re not giving him credit after that TDL you’re a donkey
Yep. Drury had a hell of a deadline.

It does not wash away his dumbness before the deadline tho.

Independent of each other, like all transactions in general.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Is Yanni Gourde a fair comparison? stylistically and hopefully potentially

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I love the comments I've seen on social media from NJD/NYI fans that are the usual "1 Cup in 80 years!" or "Our Cups have been more recent/impressive!"

And it's like..."I don't care"

If you think insulting the amount of Cup wins in the last 80 or so years is a great argument in regards to the Rangers signing all the good NCAA UDFA's...then that just makes your org look worse. Wow NYI/NJD have a dynasty/won a few Cups more recently while in the NYC metro area. Congrats. And what did that bring you? Oh...not a bunch of young generation UDFA's that grew up in the area and wanted to play for those successful teams from their transformative sports ages? Wow...tell me more about how Cup wins are the be-all-end-all in sports-fandom-choosing.

Suck my "1 Cup since Hitler", you NJD/NYI idiots. Find a better argument.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I love the comments I've seen on social media from NJD/NYI fans that are the usual "1 Cup in 80 years!" or "Our Cups have been more recent/impressive!"

And it's like..."I don't care"

If you think insulting the amount of Cup wins in the last 80 or so years is a great argument in regards to the Rangers signing all the good NCAA UDFA's...then that just makes your org look worse. Wow NYI/NJD have a dynasty/won a few Cups more recently while in the NYC metro area. Congrats. And what did that bring you? Oh...not a bunch of young generation UDFA's that grew up in the area and wanted to play for those successful teams from their transformative sports ages? Wow...tell me more about how Cup wins are the be-all-end-all in sports-fandom-choosing.

Suck my "1 Cup since Hitler", you NJD/NYI idiots. Find a better argument.
This is also technically incorrect.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3