Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Artemi Panarin (7 years, $11.64M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I feel like we are starting to go in circles. As I said in my first post, my concern with Panarin is that we would try to force the issue rather than let the kids develop, or conversely, that we would waste Panarin's prime while waiting for them to develop.

If we didn't sign Panarin, we'd still have to wait 2 years for those contracts to come off the books before we could realistically compete for the cup. Let's just hope that the kids develop quickly and that Panarin remains elite for most/all of his contract.

A post I said I agreed with, the following conversation about that concern being mitigated was were our disagreement came about I believe.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
How long exactly should the "potential high picks" be in "reach" for this team? They got extremely lucky landing Kakko, and landed Trouba for almost nothing. If that wasn't the catalyst to get things moving faster than I don't know what is.

That all said, this team could very well stink again next year even with Panarin. They are that young and unpredictable.

When a team is not contending you can always find some solace in the draft and of course the better the luck, the higher the pick. I definitely didn't see NYR contending next year with an addition of some youngers, 2nd overall and a #2D. Could maybe have made the playoffs and just as easy fall out of it. Panarin turns the tables around. Now I don't expect 2020 be as deep as 2019 was as far as the top end talent goes, but with another top 10 pick or higher, who knows.

Instead with the decision made, the NYR became another cap team. Every move, every trade and every dime needs to be well accounted for not only three years from today when Kakko and Kravtsov come out of the ELC, but even within it, cause after all you are building for the future. Anyway like I said, Panarin is a great player so lets hope this ends up leading to some cups before that net worth turns south.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
That means Kravtsov, Chytil and Kakko to the PP; Lias to the PK.
Thoughts?
I can't remember the last time, if ever, we had the ability to put that much insane, raw offensive talent on a PP from three guys who were so young. Might need Zib or something. Not sure how well Chytil or Kakko can take faceoffs reliably which would hurt the PP a lot

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I can't remember the last time, if ever, we had the ability to put that much insane, raw offensive talent on a PP from three guys who were so young. Might need Zib or something. Not sure how well Chytil or Kakko can take faceoffs reliably which would hurt the PP a lot

Oh, I didn’t mean in one unit. I’d fully expect Chytil on the second, with Kravtsov on 2RW / 1LW (depending on whether Panarin plays 1LW or 1LD) and Kakko 1RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad