Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Adam Chapie- UMass Lowell

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Gorton does nothing and everybody *****es around. Gorton makes a low risk signing and everybody *****es around. OMG Vesey would've been sooo much better. What if the guy told Gorton straight up "sorry bro, but I don't wanna sign with your team"? Do you want our GM to be ******** because of that or do you want him to go and contact whomever he thinks is the next best player?

I mean seriously guys: Picking form College players, and I mean no offense, is picking from leftovers. If the guy even sniffs the NHL it's a great cheap signing for the Rangers. If he can be included in a trade package for literally anything or just to even out contract numbers it's a great signing for the Rangers. If he can become a regular for Hartford it's still a good signing. If he can't even make the AHL it's ONE wasted roster spot out of FIFTY. If the Rangers can't manage to sign who they want because of that, there are bigger issues with this club.

Believe it or not, there's middle ground between Jimmy Vesey and a 25 year old with little NHL upside. After half-hazardly trading draft picks and prospects the last 5 years and now having a ****** prospect pool, I don't think asking for a prospect or two with legitimate NHL upside is an unreasonable request. There are plenty out there in the CHL, NCAA, and Europe. The problem isn't this signing alone. The problem is that this signing represents the best and only addition made so far.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm okay with the signing. At worst he's a depth player in Hartford.

At best, maybe he becomes a Dale Weise type player (who I admitedly wasn't crazy about when he was drafted).

I know we want every kid to be a high end prospect, but sometimes you round things out by taking flyers on other guys too.

Bingo. HFD isn't the deepest of teams this year, and with 15-16 SPCs coming off the board, why not roll the dice on a few skaters.

The Rangers need to find a few of these guys that can fill a role. You aren't going to get a top end player usually and the Rangers have Zucc, Girardi and Hayes on the roster that have contributed... but if you're getting bottom unit guys that are buy-low candidates... then you go for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad