Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Adam Chapie- UMass Lowell

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Nothing special as I have seen plenty Umass games as my good friends brother is the assistant captain of the team (Joe Gambardella). Could be good in the A though.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Adding a righty shot is never bad, Hartford could use every bit of depth. Would like to hear if he's a decent skater, shooter, defender etc.?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
A guy who might make it to the NHL (Chapie) >>>>>> A guy who will never make it (Nicholls, St. Croix)

only difference is that chapie hasn't had time yet to show he isn't good enough...same thing was said when nicholls & st croix were signed and they were the shiny new toy

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
only difference is that chapie hasn't had time yet to show he isn't good enough...same thing was said when nicholls & st croix were signed and they were the shiny new toy
So you're saying they should only sign guys that will for sure make it?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Well, that does make a lot of sense... :)

Does anyone actually have a sciuting report on this guy?

I don't know much other than NYRKing30's good friend's brother, is the assistant captain of the team (Joe Gambardella), who plays with this guy we signed.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Why?! He's 25 this summer, was not a standout in college, nothing special about him. At most, we are talking about Hartford depth on par with McCarthy.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I don't expect him to make it, but he can still surprise us, whereas Nicholls and St. Croix have shown time and time again they won't. I rather have players who have not yet shown they can't than players who already did

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
he's 25 before training camp, he'll have a couple years to make dent, or move on,
probably a long shot, but no downside
Hockey East prepares kids pretty good
even McCarthy jumped ahead of many kids from Junior

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Got as good a shot as Fogarty & Nieves, IMO. Handily outscored both of them in College. May be older and smaller, but 6'1" isn't diminutive and he's only 10 months older than Kevin Hayes. The Rangers' willingness to give him a shot means something. Let's pull for the kid.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We have plenty of spots for next season and the team obviously sees something they like. If the front office thought he was nothing more than organizational fodder they wouldn't have given him an ELC.

I know nothing about him and will reserve judgment.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this type of contract is all win really. very little downside. the odds are against him ever playing on broadway.

if he busts it no big deal really. he's got some offense in him.

if he booms, he's exactly the type of low cost elc contract that needs to play real minutes down the road for us to survive in this cap hell.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
this type of contract is all win really. very little downside. the odds are against him ever playing on broadway.

if he busts it no big deal really. he's got some offense in him.

if he booms, he's exactly the type of low cost elc contract that needs to play real minutes down the road for us to survive in this cap hell.

Right. And it's only one year. If he booms, fantastic. If he busts, we walk away no worse for wear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad