Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sharks - March 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I personally just put Hayes back at center and he'd probably be fine.

Hayes is a disaster. Zero hustle, terrible skater, holds the puck way too long and brain dead plays. E.Staal and Lindberg looked really good together as well as Stalberg with them. Staal and Miller look like they could be good together, but they've looked like they're playing a man down with Hayes on the line. Hayes recently looked the best on the 4th line wing, which is where he probably should be if he isn't sitting in the press box. Lindberg should be playing over him, easily.

Glass has been better than Hayes.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
When you choose to discuss that instead of the rangers terrible play, it seems like you are making excuses. In this particular case the bad reffing had no bearing on the outcome of the game, so it seems kind of pointless to discuss.

It's not an excuse, just a fact! And it very much had an impact, at least from this fans perspective. By which, I mean, it ruined my viewing pleasure so much I had to turn it off! The calls or lack of call effect the flow of the game, especially when a defenseman is crumpled on the ice by a cheap shot or a centerman is cross checked in the mouth off the face off leaving him stunned and unable to make a play. If they can't make those blatant calls the quality of the game deteriorates rapidly. I chose not to watch the rest of the game, so I can't speak to how poorly the team played. However, I thought they played a decent period especially on the heels of the schedule this past week.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Has there been discussion in here about how Sather went into the locker room after the game yesterday?

This was damning in so many ways, and when team president Glen Sather walked into the Rangers locker room, he didn’t need to tell them — though he almost surely did, in no uncertain terms.

Because as Sather said while walking to the room, the 4-1 loss to the Sharks on Saturday afternoon at SAP Center was “embarrassing.†His players didn’t need to share the message of their boss. It was clear in their own harsh self-criticism.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/19/henrik-lundqvist-storms-off-as-rangers-suddenly-getting-ugly/

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Just a friendly reminder that 'Ol Glen the Boogeyman is still alive and well and can come back and haunt the dreams of Rangers players and fans alike.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
“We’re trying to make plays when they’re not there. We’re not making plays when they are there. We’re fighting it all over the ice,” defenseman Marc Staal said. “When you’re doing that, you have to rely on your defensive game and guys supporting each other if there’s a mistake. And there was just none of that going on.

Jeez, Marc. You don't say? At least he's acknowledging that the team as a unit lacks awareness in the defensive zone. He's one of the main culprits.

Blaming Nash for the team's failures is like blaming an electrician for plumbing issues in a house. Nash should not get a pass, but the Rangers' problem this season has been team defense. Bottom third in every single major advanced stat. Henrik Lundqvist is the reason why the Rangers are even in a playoff spot.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I can't exactly pinpoint who I think didn't try their hardest, but when I think of it collectively, no one seemed to try their hardest (aside from Hank).

I will say this: Nash and E Staal don't produce anything on the scoresheet. It is tough to win games consistently when so much money is tied up in wingers that don't score. Girardi, M Staal, and Yandle played no defense tonight and left Hank out to try.

I felt like outside of Miller, the third line was an abomination. The 2nd and 4th lines were good, but Nash killed Brass and Zucc.

Sad.

You're darb right that Marc Staal sucks ass. He got his an assist on the goal ehich was his first point in over a month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad