Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sharks - March 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
All this anger but nothing changes. Really starting to question if anyone will step up and attempt to re shape the attitude away from country club high tea time weenies

The real captain on this team seems to be the only one who is truly angry. He does all he can, game in, game out. Proved it again today.

However, without a team in front of him playing fundamental hockey, they will never be collectively successful.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
The real captain on this team seems to be the only one who is truly angry. He does all he can, game in, game out. Proved it again today.

However, without a team in front of him playing fundamental hockey, they will never be collectively successful.

How do you know that Hank is the 'real' captain? Maybe every time he opens his mouth in the locker room everyone tunes out...

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
McD is very good just too soft spoken. It's a damn mortuary regarding attitude and drive. Cold and dead, 3-4 guys always try so hard. Hank nails them out all too much for this team to be considered a cup contender.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
As soon as it went to 3-1 the tv went off. Cracked open a beer and started ****ing about with my guitars.
There wasn't enough drive out of the team today that I had confidence they were going to make a comeback. All in all 3 out of 6 points on a west coast trip against 3 of the better teams in the league--if you'd have asked me before they went out west I would have took that.

I don't like how this team is defending and it's not just the defensemen. Over the years losing guys like Hagelin, Boyle and Stralman has come back to bite us in the ass--more or less that was all cap casualty stuff and if not them it would have been some others and we might be in the same place anyway but even so.....even if we go deep in the playoffs or the stars all align somehow and we win it all I'm thinking this summer we're going to need to cut some real bait.....go younger and start retooling a bit more than we have.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
This reminds me of some of the losses they had earlier in the season. It's concerning that they are still having games like this, team defense looked dysfunctional from top to bottom. Not only have some of our defensemen taken a step back this year, but some of the forwards have regressed defensively as well. The forwards are so concerned with transitioning to offense that they have shirked their defensive responsibilities entirely.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
This team has that pre2004 Rangers feel to it -- no effort, no chemistry. AV is asking for it.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
As soon as it went to 3-1 the tv went off. Cracked open a beer and started ****ing about with my guitars.
There wasn't enough drive out of the team today that I had confidence they were going to make a comeback. All in all 3 out of 6 points on a west coast trip against 3 of the better teams in the league--if you'd have asked me before they went out west I would have took that.

I don't like how this team is defending and it's not just the defensemen. Over the years losing guys like Hagelin, Boyle and Stralman has come back to bite us in the ass--more or less that was all cap casualty stuff and if not them it would have been some others and we might be in the same place anyway but even so.....even if we go deep in the playoffs or the stars all align somehow and we win it all I'm thinking this summer we're going to need to cut some real bait.....go younger and start retooling a bit more than we have.

agreed

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This team is extremely lazy. They play like they don't care. Like there's no heart.

Those are things that used to personify this team as recently as just last year.

Aside from Hank, who can honestly believe they're playing the best that they can?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It honestly depresses me. And it seems like the players have no answer. They just keep trying to do everything the same way over and over again and expecting different results. Like everything will just work itself out on its own.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
How do you know that Hank is the 'real' captain? Maybe every time he opens his mouth in the locker room everyone tunes out...

Didn't see the game today, so not going to comment on it.

But gotta say, I agree with this generally... If a teammate leered at me after every mistake I made, threw me under the bus, and did it for years, while rarely taking accountability for their own mistakes in post-games... -- no matter how good of a player he was, it'd start to wear thin at some point. Just sayin'. Also not saying they don't deserve it at times. But I've really not seen a goalie who just ***** on his teammates on the ice with his body language as much as Hank does. It is the one thing about him that drives me insane. Not a way to be a good teammate.

Again - not a comment on today. I didn't see the game. From what I see here, sounds like it was a good thing I missed it. Just saw this comment, and decided to respond.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Considering he's one of the best players to ever play for the franchise, that would reflect poorly on the rest of the players more so than on him.

Hank has earned the right for everyone to respect every single word he has to say.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Other thing I'll say is this: I'm not hopeless for the POs. Think this team has a lot of components that if they start to click, could go far. Just gotta get it to click. Will have to wait and see. All you can do at this point. Move on from the bad game (granted, easy for me to say, having not suffered through it).

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Considering he's one of the best players to ever play for the franchise, that would reflect poorly on the rest of the players more so than on him.

Hank has earned the right for everyone to respect every single word he has to say.

Sorry. No. If you **** on your teammates constantly, you don't earn their respect. They may respect his skill. What he has to say - depending on how he says it (which we admittedly don't know - at least once the heat of the moment has passed) - not necessarily.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Guyzz the locker room is closed.

Our squad of incompetent (mod) are going to sort everything out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
Bad for both teams.

That's nothing new. The refs seem to get worse and worse imo. Maybe its just me noticing it more tho.

Not close to as bad as the Rangers were. Can't give up 52 shots and grumble about bad reffing.

I was not grumbling about the reffing at all, i asked a question since i couldnt see the game myself. Refs were bad, Rangers were worse.

Refs were ok. They missed moore getting smacked in the mouth off a faceoff, called him for a penalty that was soft very kate in the game and there was also a potential GI that they let go. Im sure there was a bunch of stuff they overlooked the other way as well.

Yeah the Moore thing came up on twitter a fair share. And the Nash slash thing.

When you choose to discuss that instead of the rangers terrible play, it seems like you are making excuses. In this particular case the bad reffing had no bearing on the outcome of the game, so it seems kind of pointless to discuss.

I asked a simple question, i didn't choose to discuss what everyone else was discussing because i have nothing to add to a beaten horse.

How does it make a good discussion to discuss how aweful the team are after every game anyways? Or complaining about Girardi, Nash, Staal 24/7.

I asked a question about the refs, and last i checked reffing was a part the game. And the reason i ask is because twitter, but also because i feel lately the refs have been quite bad. Not saying they have been extra bad towards Rangers, but they do have been quite bad.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

I actually agree (and i doubt that the players tune him out), but all the questioning of leadership etc really bug me because no one knows what goes on in the locker room.
I mean, if Hank is the 'real' leader and the team has all these issues, doesnt that mean that either he's not very good at it, or he deserves a lot of the blame?
Again, not saying Hank is an issue, just pointing how stupid i think the line of thinking is

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The opposite of pride.

SHAME.

GoWFxuA.gif

hehe, true. :)

What happen? I missed the game unfortunatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad