Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sens 3/26 - PUT AN X NEXT TO IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
This is an absolute laser beam. I am sorry, it might sound easy to stop on paper (he's not screened!) but in reality, you have zero time to react, you just hope it hits you. It's hard for people to understand what it looks like from a goalies POV, but just because he's in the NHL doesn't mean the puck moves any slower. Talbot is a human being, and is flawed like the rest of us. He is not a robot!

It had eyes for the net. It's a bomb. Players score goals. This is not an example of a 'soft goal'

http://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=745759

laserbeams travel at 670,616,629 MPH.

I'd say at best that's 100mph.

Youre exaggerating.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I do to I played only a few emergency games and it was one of the hardest positions on the rink I ever played

i played goalie at a ladies practice session here in atlanta. first time ever.

the newbies lit me up like it was the 4th of july.

its sooooo much harder than it looks.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

So used to scoring with the ladies, but when the tables are turned and they are scoring on you, doesn't feel quite as good eh? :laugh: :naughty:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Can't we enjoy the win without going into these arguments about how goalies never give up soft goals unless they're from the other side of the blue line because nevesis is a goalie?

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
I do to I played only a few emergency games and it was one of the hardest positions on the rink I ever played

Yes, goalie is like half of the team. Very important and difficult position. That's why I emphasize on this a lot. If you noted, that LA goalie(ghhhr) literally stole the cup from us last season.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This is an absolute laser beam. I am sorry, it might sound easy to stop on paper (he's not screened!) but in reality, you have zero time to react, you just hope it hits you. It's hard for people to understand what it looks like from a goalies POV, but just because he's in the NHL doesn't mean the puck moves any slower. Talbot is a human being, and is flawed like the rest of us. He is not a robot!

It had eyes for the net. It's a bomb. Players score goals. This is not an example of a 'soft goal'

http://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=745759

Okay, what about the Robidas, Boychuk and Savard goals?

Those are the ones I was referring to anyway. His game has tightened up a bunch since since (Talbot has given up a grand total of 1 goal this month that I'd qualify as "soft") but those three are shots he has to stop.

His rebound control sucked balls in February too.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
the distance from the blueline to the crease is what...64 feet right? so if the goalie is standing say 62 feet from the point of the shot, and the shot is coming in at say, 95mph that gives the goalie....incoming math...

assuming that's correct, that gives the goalie 1/2 a second to react to the shot before it's by him.

did i do that math right?

sheesh.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

What's annoying is that I'm sure this is true, but you can't just excuse every poor goal that way. This is the NHL and these are best goalies in the world. Honestly, I'm a poor skater, it's harder than it looks. I'm an even worse hockey player. Basically what I'm saying is that Tanner Glass is awesome compared to me, hockey is so much harder than it looks.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
So used to scoring with the ladies, but when the tables are turned and they are scoring on you, doesn't feel quite as good eh? :laugh: :naughty:

the worst part was, all the ladies i was practicing with were shooting low, and i had a game 2 nights later so i didnt want to kill my quads dropping into the butterfly. it wasnt a game situation, it was basically breakaway after breakaway letting them work on stick handling. after like 4 times dropping i was like...eff that...and i just played standup lol.

at the end they did 5 on 5 and i did much better...its a LOT more fun actually playing goalie in game situations than it is in practice situations. and way different too.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, goalie is like half of the team. Very important and difficult position. That's why I emphasize on this a lot. If you noted, that LA goalie(ghhhr) literally stole the cup from us last season.

If he "literally" stole the cup from us he'd likely be in prison.

Also, even figuratively he didn't steal the cup. If anything it was some ****** bounces and refs and the team leaving their balls in the lockerroom during 3rd periods of games.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Also, even figuratively he didn't steal the cup. If anything it was some ****** bounces and refs and the team leaving their balls in the lockerroom during 3rd periods of games.

i'd give at least 50% of the reason we lost the cup to AV playing prevent hockey against a physically dominant team. rangers should have upped the tempo if anything.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

lol this is as silly as when the pro-Vermette crowd said that LA's center depth is what won them the cup last year.

Neither Quick nor their depth down the middle decided that series.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013

Watch the tape again. He was a wall. I was so frustrated with it, that I almost threw my TV on the floor.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Sens fan here. I just came to post that the Rags are the best eastern conference team of the last 4 or 5 seasons IMO. They've got loads of talent and play a disciplined, yet aesthetically pleasing game.

The Rags are going to be fun to watch in the playoffs, and I'm excited to see how they'll stack up if/when they make the finals again this year. Congratulations for getting to root for an awesome team this season!

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Sens fan here. I just came to post that the Rags are the best eastern conference team of the last 4 or 5 seasons IMO. They've got loads of talent and play a disciplined, yet aesthetically pleasing game.

The Rags are going to be fun to watch in the playoffs, and I'm excited to see how they'll stack up if/when they make the finals again this year. Congratulations for getting to root for an awesome team this season!

just an fyi...ranger fans dont appreciate people using demeaning nicknames about their team...even if it was in a complimentary post.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Thanks and I would like to highlight this post as an example of why people shouldn't lose their **** when someone says "rags". Like 95% of the board doesn't realize that it's used negatively by some of our rivals, nor understands its root.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
just an fyi...ranger fans dont appreciate people using demeaning nicknames about their team...even if it was in a complimentary post.

It's really a difficult thing to judge. Rags is just an easier way of referring to the Rangers, like Sens, Pens, Habs, Nucks, Bolts, Isles etc. However, some people feel this word has a negative meaning depending on how it's used.

I don't mind the word "Rags" if it is used like this guy did, since he is just a Sens fan coming to talk about the game with no bad intentions at all.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I don't think he meant it as demeaning. Why are Rangers fans so damn sensitive? Clearly the context there shows that he was using it as a shorthand.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013

Thank you! It tells a lot how passionate Canada's fans are about hockey in general. I personally never have seen too many of Rangers fans who would go out and compliment fans from another team. It just negativity all the way, even towards their own fans. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA