Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sens 3/26 - PUT AN X NEXT TO IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We scored those goals against the Sens because they had a complete meltdown on a D coverage.

You have to be a parent or best friend of Talbot. There is no other reason that you'd solely ever compliment him and constantly come up with excuses as to why the team scored goals. Seriously, the only player you ever compliment is Talbot and the rest of the team lucks into goals, the defense lucks into Talbot. What's with the Talbot obsession?

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
You have to be a parent or best friend of Talbot. There is no other reason that you'd solely ever compliment him and constantly come up with excuses as to why the team scored goals. Seriously, the only player you ever compliment is Talbot and the rest of the team lucks into goals, the defense lucks into Talbot. What's with the Talbot obsession?

I don't know how you came up with this. I think that the Rangers success is a combination of a good coaching, a good team and a good goalie.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know how you came up with this. I think that the Rangers success is a combination of a good coaching, a good team and a good goalie.

So why are you discounting a great effort by putting it all on the Sens's defense, when someone says we were but not solely due to Talbot?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
We scored those goals against the Sens because they had a complete meltdown on a D coverage.

What about Anaheim? Or the fact that we were scoring at a nearly 4 goals per game pace for the ENTIRE month of February? Did all of those teams have a complete meltdown on defensive coverage? Man. We must be the luckiest team in the NHL. Sather shouldn't have traded for Yandle, we should have had a fire sale because we are only winning games because of king cambot and the rest of our team is WOAT.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
So why are you discounting a great effort by putting it all on the Sens's defense, when someone says we were but not solely due to Talbot?

We weren't talking about this one game in particular when we discussed the goalie. But he brought up the Sens game and I responded that Sens had the D issue. Rangers put up a good effort, but they wouldn't score so many goals if it wasn't for that fact. There are games when they score a lot and those where they don't score. That's how it goes. In the playoffs it will be mostly about how many goals you allowed. As you know playoffs are usually tight.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This is by far the best Boyle has looked since becoming a Ranger. The past 2-3 weeks I'd argue he's been our top defenseman. He's really looked strong in all 3 zones.

Generally he has been playing better since Klein got injured. He had kind of a crap game against the Kings though. Last night against Ottawa he was at least near outstanding.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Last time we played the Sens Ottawa had Karlsson on the ice most of the time we had Kreider on the ice. The Rangers tried to pull that long bomb pass at least twice and Karlsson had the wheels and smarts to cut him off. Last night Ceci was on the ice and Kreider flew right on by him for the game's first goal. Ceci's a good player but Karlsson's the only defenseman I've seen so far that can match Kreider step for step. If Chris gets a step on someone it's all up to the goalie--he's not going to be caught.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
This was the stat as of March 22nd.

Lundqvist last 20 games: 16-4-0, 1.82
Talbot last 20 games: 14-3-3, 2.13

Yeah, our recent play is because of Talbot, and not the great team in front of him. :shakehead

Talbot has been in about 23 games...
Talbot last 23
49 Goals Against
.927 Save Percentage
16-4-3

Lundqvist last 23
47 Goals Against
.928 Save Percentage
16-7-0

If I had more time I would figure out the GF/G vs the GA/g for those two streaks

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
To be fair, the entire team had a crap game.

Sometimes players make bad mistakes but they get bailed out and so it's easy to forget those mistakes--sometimes they don't get bailed out. Boyle made a bad mistake on what turned into the game winning goal by Carter and he was a -2 for the night and he and Hunwick seemed to have the most issues dealing with the Kings size and physical play. I'll agree that wiith the exception of a handful of players the rest of the team didn't play well against the Kings either.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Talbot has been in about 23 games...
Talbot last 23
49 Goals Against
.927 Save Percentage
16-4-3

Lundqvist last 23
47 Goals Against
.928 Save Percentage
16-7-0

If I had more time I would figure out the GF/G vs the GA/g for those two streaks

You really need to factor the fact that Talbot started these 23 games cold unlike Hank.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Sometimes players make bad mistakes but they get bailed out and so it's easy to forget those mistakes--sometimes they don't get bailed out. Boyle made a bad mistake on what turned into the game winning goal by Carter and he was a -2 for the night and he and Hunwick seemed to have the most issues dealing with the Kings size and physical play. I'll agree that wiith the exception of a handful of players the rest of the team didn't play well against the Kings either.

I know what you mean. Even though he was just a tad worse than the rest of the team I just don't like to single out a particular player for a bad game when the team in general played like garbage. Unless that player is Tanner Glass.

The irony... The worst player in the NHL scored his first goal of the season against the hottest goaltender in the league.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I know what you mean. Even though he was just a tad worse than the rest of the team I just don't like to single out a particular player for a bad game when the team in general played like garbage. Unless that player is Tanner Glass.

The irony... The worst player in the NHL scored his first goal of the season against the hottest goaltender in the league.

I almost feel bad for saying this, the Hamburgler had a bad wheel last night.............almost. lol

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
You really need to factor the fact that Talbot started these 23 games cold unlike Hank.

lol you know if you take those 23 games for Hank you are going all the way back into November... Talbot is a backup meaning every game he steps into he is cold. I love the guy I think he has been a major asset to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad