Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sens 3/26 - PUT AN X NEXT TO IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Thank you! It tells a lot how passionate Canada's fans are about hockey in general. I personally never have seen too many of Rangers fans who would go out and compliment fans from another team. It just negativity all the way, even towards their own fans. LOL.

Really, this is the first fan base I've seen do this on this level. I'm very impressed by Sens fans and would love it if they played the Habs in the first round and embarrassed those whiny group of divers and their obnoxious coach.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't get how the word "Rags" is supposed to be short for Rangers?

Yeah..

the definition of the word Rag is an insult when used as a shorthand for the team.

im not being sensitive, im telling the guy who posted it, just in the future, maybe dont use that term.

Tell me how any of the other shorthands are literal insults? how are "Isles" an insult..."Pens"...i mean...its a pen...its not insulting in the slightest.

On the other hand, fishsticks, thats insulting.

I guess if you wanted to call them the "Gers" or something that would be fine.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Really, this is the first fan base I've seen do this on this level. I'm very impressed by Sens fans and would love it if they played the Habs in the first round and embarrassed those whiny group of divers and their obnoxious coach.

Yeah, I don't like the Habs as much as you do, but you got to give their fans a lot of credit. Fans are just amazing in their own building. Makes MSG look like a road game. :(

NYRangers84

President's Trophy
Nov 21, 2009
New York
Yeah..

the definition of the word Rag is an insult when used as a shorthand for the team.

im not being sensitive, im telling the guy who posted it, just in the future, maybe dont use that term.

Tell me how any of the other shorthands are literal insults? how are "Isles" an insult..."Pens"...i mean...its a pen...its not insulting in the slightest.

On the other hand, fishsticks, thats insulting.

I guess if you wanted to call them the "Gers" or something that would be fine.

How about "Rangs"?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don't get how the word "Rags" is supposed to be short for Rangers?

yeah, why not the "Rans" or the "Gers"...those are fine for shorthand...and seem to work on the same shorthand methodology other teams use...for the most part.

Rags is an insult. Period. Whether you choose to ignore it, is obviously up to you.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I don't like the Habs as much as you do, but you got to give their fans a lot of credit. Fans are just amazing in their own building. Makes MSG look like a road game. :(

they are loud...but also obnoxious. very very entitled fans. the "oh's" you hear on every marginal call, and on every dive attempting to get a call, make me want to puke.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
This is an absolute laser beam. I am sorry, it might sound easy to stop on paper (he's not screened!) but in reality, you have zero time to react, you just hope it hits you. It's hard for people to understand what it looks like from a goalies POV, but just because he's in the NHL doesn't mean the puck moves any slower. Talbot is a human being, and is flawed like the rest of us. He is not a robot!

It had eyes for the net. It's a bomb. Players score goals. This is not an example of a 'soft goal'

http://video.predators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=745759

I hate the simple logic that "a goalie's job is to stop shots. He absolutely has to stop unscreened shots."

Depending on where the shot is coming from, you don't have time to react. You try to get as big as you can and hope it hits you.

Seriously, its the only position where you have to be literally perfect.

I also agree, Cam should definitely be the winner of the Steven McDonald award.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Seriously, Rangers fans sometimes astonish me. Poster writes complimentary post that was very nice, unwittingly uses a term that is sometimes used derogatorily by rival fans, gets negative responses.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Seriously, Rangers fans sometimes astonish me. Poster writes complimentary post that was very nice, unwittingly uses a term that is sometimes used derogatorily by rival fans, gets negative responses.

I really don't get it either. It all depends on how it is used. This was obviously not used in a negative way.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

i had probably the most negative response with basically saying that.

hey...good post, just so you know, thats a derogatory term...maybe next time dont say that.

this post is so unneeded.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Lol the term "Rags" doesn't bother me in the least. Yep I am a Rags fan, who cares.

You don't let it bug you, and make 50 responses telling the world that it bugs you, it's more apt to go away.

I have to say if it was the other way around and someone let me know it bugged them, I would be using it as much as possible. Admittedly though, I am a total ahole. lol

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
These people eating dog food are truly unbelievable. Why would you bet that anyone -even Tanner Glass- goes 82 games without scoring?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
These people eating dog food are truly unbelievable. Why would you bet that anyone -even Tanner Glass- goes 82 games without scoring?

Well, there was a Canadian journalist who bet that Canada would win all 8 games in the Summit Series and if not, he would eat his words, literally. He then dished up his own article mixed with Borscht and ate it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
i had probably the most negative response with basically saying that.

hey...good post, just so you know, thats a derogatory term...maybe next time dont say that.

this post is so unneeded.

I thought you responded in a nicest way possible.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I wonder how much, in hindsight, Chicago are quietly regretting they couldnt magically conjure up a roster spot for Hayes this season. . Was he even expected to be this good this early?

I wonder how fast they'll catch on to his stop, 360, shoot, move though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1