GDT: Rangers @ Senators - "The Prodigal Russian Son Returns" Edition - 2/17/19 - 2PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Alright, soapbox time.

The reason I am fully on board the rebuild train. The reason I don’t believe there is any player who should be safe on this roster.

We don’t just suck. If we sucked you could point to the injuries, the lack of experience, the AHL call ups. We suck and we get out WORKED. We play fundamentally poor hockey. We take lazy penalties and make lazy plays that result in chance after chance against. We leave Hank out to dry constantly.

Seeing Hank give up 5 and get yanked in this game is 25x more frustrating than the loss itself. Yeah, if we’re gonna rebuild we gotta get used to it, so I’m okay with it on that level. But it’s the NATURE of how we give up 5 goals. It isn’t by being the inferior team who is playing an opponent that’s simply better. I mean, Ottawa’s roster probably is better than what we currently have on the ice for sure, but what I mean is that we don’t lose due to giving a great effort but just not having the horses to keep up. We lose due to laziness, passiveness and brain deadness. It makes the team much less likeable. Watching a poor team play hard and compete every night but ultimately lose can be tolerable. Watching this team just makes you WANT to blow it up.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Still think AV makes it to the end of the year and then gets canned. Rangers probably want to keep their options open until they know what their future looks like.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If the rumours about Hank leading the 'get Torts fired' exit interviews are true, I'd hate to hear what he's going to say about AV at the end of this season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad