Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Senators 2/21/13 - Miller Light

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I watched him all game long and I saw Richards make one pass and that one pass wasn't even a tough one. I've been quiet about him but I think I've had enough. Where is the elite passing ability? Every time I see him try to pass, it's just awful. There are so many guys on this team who can complete a pass better than he can right now. I'm starting to join the Richards buyout camp, which I never thought would happen.

Those Ottawa announcers, wow. The Rangers couldn't skate 2 feet without the one guy commenting on how they should have gotten a penalty. According to what I heard, we should have had at least 75-100 minor penalties and a major, while the Sens did no wrong at all. When they showed the replay of Kreider getting tripped into Anderson, he said "I don't know how to call that play". Yeah, of course you don't, because it wasn't a penalty. Then he says "that little Kreider, he's falling down all over the place", as if that made it possible that he planned to smash into Anderson. Just about as bad as the Pens team.

Explains why their fans are whining about the Anderson play.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I watched him all game long and I saw Richards make one pass and that one pass wasn't even a tough one. I've been quiet about him but I think I've had enough. Where is the elite passing ability? Every time I see him try to pass, it's just awful. There are so many guys on this team who can complete a pass better than he can right now. I'm starting to join the Richards buyout camp, which I never thought would happen.

Those Ottawa announcers, wow. The Rangers couldn't skate 2 feet without the one guy commenting on how they should have gotten a penalty. According to what I heard, we should have had at least 75-100 minor penalties and a major, while the Sens did no wrong at all. When they showed the replay of Kreider getting tripped into Anderson, he said "I don't know how to call that play". Yeah, of course you don't, because it wasn't a penalty. Then he says "that little Kreider, he's falling down all over the place", as if that made it possible that he planned to smash into Anderson. Just about as bad as the Pens team.

Ah, mystery solved. That's where the Ottawa sheep get their information. That's why there's a thread on he main board crying about officiating. Because the Ottawa sheep listen to their homer announcers and parrot that information to the main boards. :shakehead

crisb

Nov 5, 2006
Long Island

See ya

Yes, I do. All of them.
And yes, they have. When it's clicking, we're one of the best in the league. Right now, it's not clicking.

Hyperbole, but you're not wrong. Not good enough. This is a team that isn't playing well, much different from a bad team.

The over-reactions around here are just mind boggling though.

Yep. People are calling for Tort's head already. It's ridiculous.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Can you people stop waiting around and just jump already? Jesus Christ. Every loss is a mass suicide and every win is a ****ing circle jerk. We still got a point in a game we had no business winning.

Henrik gets every star, award, etc.

Not saying that's exactly the case this game, but how do you ever feel ok about being in any game that we had no business winning? You make it sound like it's a good thing to steal a point in any game we sucked bad enough to have no business winning. :help:

Maaxse

Aug 23, 2011
Montreal
Season 2011-2012
Rangers after 16 games: 50 GF (23rd in league), 32 GA (1th in league). 6th of the Conf. with 23 pts.

Season Lockout-2013:
Rangers after 16 games: 41 GF (20th in league), 41 GA (14th in the league). 8th of the Conf. with 18 pts.

Clearly the problem is Richards and the offense.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I did not see this game at all as one that NYR should not be able to win, and come away from with 2 points.

What's this whole idea of not having a chance to win? If anything, they missed enough chances that they buried themselves.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I see absolutely no reason why Richards should still have a spot in the lineup. Roll with Stepan, Miller, Boyle and Halpern.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
By the way, officiating was awful tonight. The Senators fans can whine all they want, they should've lost in regulation.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Damn, 26 minutes is a lot for a forward too.

Doesn't help when Richards is playing like lazy ****.
What happened to the guy? I loved him last year, even when he wasn't scoring. But this year, it's so easy to hate his game. Looks like he's getting slower with every shift. Took some really hard hits too.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
By the way, officiating was awful tonight. The Senators fans can whine all they want, they should've lost in regulation.

That thread on the main boards is hilarious. They're whining about the refs when the Rangers got the worst call in the game.

Of course they don't see that Methot tripped CK and caused him to barrel into Anderson. Some Ottawa idiot characterized it as "playing bowling."

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
That thread on the main boards is hilarious. They're whining about the refs when the Rangers got the worst call in the game.

Of course they don't see that Methot tripped CK and caused him to barrel into Anderson. Some Ottawa idiot characterized it as "playing bowling."

They do see. They just choose to ignore.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
They have to review their defensive structure, it breaks down rather easily.
Both the first goal against the habs and the tying goal against the sens, they were out of position, leaving a forward open in a prime spot for the easy goal.
The puck is like a magnet and they keep creeping toward it and forget what's happening behind them.
If the Sens don't score that goal, we will all be having a different discussion.

Maaxse

Aug 23, 2011
Montreal
They have to review their defensive structure, it breaks down rather easily.
Both the first goal against the habs and the tying goal against the sens, they were out of position, leaving a forward open in a prime spot for the easy goal.
The puck is like a magnet and they keep creeping toward it and forget what's happening behind them.
If the Sens don't score that goal, we will all be having a different discussion.

Yes yes yes yes.

There is so many mistakes of that kind that never we saw last year.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Don't think Richards had a bad game. He was pretty much a non-factor both ways, just kind of there. Wasn't making the dumb blind backhand passes, though, thank god.

Stepan, I thought, had an excellent game, along with Hagelin and Gaborik. Haeglin-Stepan combo has been one of the few bright spots on the team this season offensively.

I thought our bottom-6 had a great game, too, IMO. Especially the Pyatt-Halpern-Callahan line Torotorella put together in the early third/late second IIRC, whenever they were put together, they were awesome.

Girardi made a brutal play on the first goal. After looking at the goal highlights, I thought Stepan should have been covering Zibanejad on his goal - all 4 Rangers went to the right of the slot, Zibanejad was left wide open. In that situation, the player without the puck is the most dangerous one. Can't just leave that much of the slot wide open when you're killing a penalty. Hagelin was the forward closest to the puck on that side, Stepan should have covered the left side. Stepan had a very good game, IMO, but that was a bad read and it was a game changing play.

These players really need to smarten up, they look brainless out there at times. It looks like what Torts taught this team last year has been forgotten about.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Season 2011-2012
Rangers after 16 games: 50 GF (23rd in league), 32 GA (1th in league). 6th of the Conf. with 23 pts.

Season Lockout-2013:
Rangers after 16 games: 41 GF (20th in league), 41 GA (14th in the league). 8th of the Conf. with 18 pts.

Clearly the problem is Richards and the offense.

Is the NHL more high scoring this year? We had 50 goals and were 23rd in the league, now we have 41 and we're 20th? Or did we just play fewer games than other teams last year?

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
The biggest problem is that this team is completely inept offensively. That has been a constant under Torts. Missing open nets, can't complete passes, flubbing the puck, never even attempting one timers, taking fifty years to shoot. Watching some of the other teams in the league is like watching a different sport.
I somewhat agree. It has not been constant though. There were few games this season where they looked pretty good offensively.
They just need to find the consistency at this point, Nash being out does not help, but Richard needs to get out of whatever funk he is in.

Heyoooo*

I see absolutely no reason why Richards should still have a spot in the lineup. Roll with Stepan, Miller, Boyle and Halpern.

Not in a shortened season. 32 games left. Thats nothing. Maybe in an 82 game season but not now. Best way to get out of a funk is to play.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Don't think Richards had a bad game. He was pretty much a non-factor both ways, just kind of there. Wasn't making the dumb blind backhand passes, though, thank god.

Stepan, I thought, had an excellent game, along with Hagelin and Gaborik. Haeglin-Stepan combo has been one of the few bright spots on the team this season offensively.

I thought our bottom-6 had a great game, too, IMO. Especially the Pyatt-Halpern-Callahan line Torotorella put together in the early third/late second IIRC, whenever they were put together, they were awesome.

Girardi made a brutal play on the first goal. After looking at the goal highlights, I thought Stepan should have been covering Zibanejad on his goal - all 4 Rangers went to the right of the slot, Zibanejad was left wide open. In that situation, the player without the puck is the most dangerous one. Can't just leave that much of the slot wide open when you're killing a penalty. Hagelin was the forward closest to the puck on that side, Stepan should have covered the left side. Stepan had a very good game, IMO, but that was a bad read and it was a game changing play.

These players really need to smarten up, they look brainless out there at times. It looks like what Torts taught this team last year has been forgotten about.
Sometimes, it looks like there are 5 clones of Boyle on the ice.

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad