Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Senators 2/21/13 - Miller Light

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Looool

On another note this fanbase has not been as bi-polar this year in wins in losses. I think the negativity and not holding our collective breath has been the standard for most of the season because at very few times this year has this team looked like a Cup contender. No one should have any reason thus far to get even remotely excited after a win or even a small string of them. To say this season has been a let down thus far would be a gross understatement. I don't see the overly positive and exaggerating comments we saw last year after wins. Most of the negativity has been consistent and warranted with the exception of a few who will always be bi-polar because that's just how they roll. Just like there will always be people who are supremely negative or the direct opposite. That is a definite minority, however. I think most of us have been pretty fair all things considered. We have a right to be upset at this team playing around .500 hockey right now, even if they can turn it around. Just because they can still theoretically go on a tear and take 1st in the East doesn't mean we cannot be critical and voice our concerns. A point lost on people year after year.

lol You know I agree here. We have all the components of a winning team. Nash, Gaborik (two elite scorers) Richards (elite playmaking center) right there you have a top line that should make other teams runaway. Our D and goal tending are the same as last year so no reasons we should be shutting down other teams and holding them to 1-2 goals max a game. I mean, last year we had trouble scoring but we at least held the other team off the score board so we only needed 1 or 2 goals to win. Now it just looks like they're lost out there and nothing and no one is clicking. It's frustrating to say the least. I'm trying to stay as positive as possible but with every game like last night it's getting harder and harder.

btw when Hank loses in a SO like that it's ****ing scary and infuriating. Bishop was cold and Hank is the best goalie in the world and loses it because the guy ****ing loses the puck and it slides through Hank at .0003 MPH into the net while Hank is like "derppity". No one on our team could score and the sad thing is, as "unlucky" or "off" as they were in that game, they are just and unlucky and off for other games too. I was expecting too much from them i think and now i need to lower my standards and just root for them to come out and play and maybe make a smart play once or twice instead of expecting them to win games. Then maybe I can stay positive. lol

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
lol You know I agree here. We have all the components of a winning team. Nash, Gaborik (two elite scorers) Richards (elite playmaking center) right there you have a top line that should make other teams runaway. Our D and goal tending are the same as last year so no reasons we should be shutting down other teams and holding them to 1-2 goals max a game. I mean, last year we had trouble scoring but we at least held the other team off the score board so we only needed 1 or 2 goals to win. Now it just looks like they're lost out there and nothing and no one is clicking. It's frustrating to say the least. I'm trying to stay as positive as possible but with every game like last night it's getting harder and harder.

btw when Hank loses in a SO like that it's ****ing scary and infuriating. Bishop was cold and Hank is the best goalie in the world and loses it because the guy ****ing loses the puck and it slides through Hank at .0003 MPH into the net while Hank is like "derppity". No one on our team could score and the sad thing is, as "unlucky" or "off" as they were in that game, they are just and unlucky and off for other games too. I was expecting too much from them i think and now i need to lower my standards and just root for them to come out and play and maybe make a smart play once or twice instead of expecting them to win games. Then maybe I can stay positive. lol

I'm right there with you man. There are better days ahead...

I hope. :D

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
I'm right there with you man. There are better days ahead...

I hope. :D

lol More this:

3480602438_74c03c0b50_z.jpg

Less my avatar. :laugh:

Dec 13, 2010
I sprained an ankle when I was 11. I'm 21 and it still hurts from time to time. That's no joke.

i got a grade 3 sprain in my ankle in november (completely torn ligaments). it's still swollen to the point that i can't put a skate on over it. the doctors actually said it would have been better if i broke it, because then you just have the rehab and it heals up fine. 3rd degree sprain is either an extremely long healing process or surgery

Dec 13, 2010
On a hockey note, this game sold me on the idea that while Torts' system was great for the team he took over, it's not right for this team. Torts is great at taking a team that isn't overly talented and getting them to grind for goals on offense and play solid defense. You have Gaborik, Nash, Hagelin, Stepan, and Richards as your main offensive weapons...not for nothing but other than Nash I don't want any of those guys grinding it out on offense. Those are guys you have to create open shots for, not have them cycle to the back of the net and hope for a wraparound.

I hate to say it, but for THIS coach we would have been better off without the Nash trade.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I actually thought Torts was spot on.

you guys do realize when he says "we don't have our full lineup playing" he's not talking about injuries, he's talking about guys not PLAYING...they aren't playing hard enough, well enough, etc.

Gaborik played a great game.

we scored 2 goals that didn't count thanks to quick whistles/bad calls. We missed 3 completely wide open empty nets, and the game winner was one of the most ridiculous shots ive ever seen go in.

Holy overreaction batman.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Why doesn't anyone on our team fight anymore to give us a spark? We were one of the top fighting teams last year, and each time after a fight it seemed as though our star players had gained some energy. Drop the gloves and light a fire under these guys' *****. Oh, and Richards can suck an egg. Buy his ass out because that 7 mil can be used for a top tier center for 6/per next year and give us more room to sign everyone else. I don't care if it's a slow start. He should have done more on his own in the 'offseason' if that is the excuse.

We have to be the softest big team in the league . Do we not have anybody that can put at least one good fist into Chris Neils face...at least once !!! I don't care if it costs us a 2 or 4 minute SH situation...it has to be done ...we have to start having each others backs if we are to be a TEAM !!!!

He gets away with murder against us . I'm sick of it...they are all ******* . If we can't get somebody to lay a pounding on him...then we may as well get rid of every so called tough guy we have and replace it with strictly offensive only talent . MOST teams have at least 1 guy on defense that can drop the mitts and toss them...we have none...unless you count Bickles .

GFiP*

I've never seen so many unlucky bounces, plays, and ref calls against one team on a game. It was comical/depressing.

GFiP*

i got a grade 3 sprain in my ankle in november (completely torn ligaments). it's still swollen to the point that i can't put a skate on over it. the doctors actually said it would have been better if i broke it, because then you just have the rehab and it heals up fine. 3rd degree sprain is either an extremely long healing process or surgery

I had a grade 3 sprain two Octobers ago, still feel pain in that ankle, and it's way more likely to resprain now. I've almost rolled it again a few times but luckily I caught myself.

PoeticJustice

Feb 22, 2013
Got it, I apologize, but the Rangers missed the net more than Bishop made saves, and both of the Sens SO goals were weak.

It's noted around the league now that Silfverberg has a shot. An impressive one... if anything I'd say it was anything but weak. (both of them).

It's already been stated enough that the officiating was lack luster both ways. I quote an old 'don't put a guy in the box unless you're 100% sure of an infraction' clause.

I'm also sensing this message board is full of Nash lovers, and really who wouldn't be? He's turned out great, now. I'm talking about the guy who wanted out of Columbus in a bad way, who made a media frenzy over what he was doing, and where he was willing to be moved. He basically told 3/4 the league to back down. Even if they had a comparable offer. He wanted to play for a contender that he didn't have to carry. Now it seems like even the Rangers are relying on him for points.

I give Callahan credit, he technically potted 2 last night in regular time. Yes, there was quick whistles, missed calls, incorrect calls... all of this, but both teams played through to the end, and one walked away with 2 points. Be happy you got 1 point in the standings.

As for fighting, with all the bad calls, missed calls, and rediculous bad bounces, you really wanna risk getting ejected for something stupid? Did you not see the PP goal scored? Ottawa picked up the body in thier own zone, lead to holes in coverage, and ended up with the puck in the net. Allbeit not from the 'open' man from the missed coverage, but there were 2 Rangers to the 1 Senator in front of that shot, double your chances?

Seriously though, undisclosed injury? When was the last time an injury was undisclosed that didn't turn into 'nothing... I just wasn't feeling 100%'? To me, it stands out as pre-trade Nash behaviour. Is it embarassing? Just because it was in the paper this morning, Craig Anderson's injury a year ago was a cut to his thumb trying to split frozen chicken... o_O

Not trying to stir up a ruckus, but it's concerning when a team is playing badly and a guy from a media nightmare (from a team perspective) in Columbus, who were basically being carried through the season on this guy's shoulders, is sitting due to undisclosed reasons. But hey, what do I know?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Seriously? are you implying that Nash just doesn't want to play? This might be more rediculous than the Prince Chad is better than Lundqvist thread, and that's saying a lot.

Maybe this team doesn't like to tell opponents where to focus their checks when he gets back. Thought about that? Oh no, it always has to be a conspiracy.

I'll provide some more conspiracy in that case:

Nash hates all of his team mates and refused to board the plane to Ottawa. That's why he didn't make the trip. Then after the game, he called up his team mates, told them that they all suck, and then ran away to Mexico.

Am I doing it right?

*Bob Richards*

Seriously though, undisclosed injury? When was the last time an injury was undisclosed that didn't turn into 'nothing... I just wasn't feeling 100%'? To me, it stands out as pre-trade Nash behaviour. Is it embarassing? Just because it was in the paper this morning, Craig Anderson's injury a year ago was a cut to his thumb trying to split frozen chicken... o_O

Not trying to stir up a ruckus, but it's concerning when a team is playing badly and a guy from a media nightmare (from a team perspective) in Columbus, who were basically being carried through the season on this guy's shoulders, is sitting due to undisclosed reasons. But hey, what do I know?

You'll have to excuse me if I find this to be absolutely ridiculous and bordering on conspiracy.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Looool

On another note this fanbase has not been as bi-polar this year in wins in losses. I think the negativity and not holding our collective breath has been the standard for most of the season because at very few times this year has this team looked like a Cup contender. No one should have any reason thus far to get even remotely excited after a win or even a small string of them. To say this season has been a let down thus far would be a gross understatement. I don't see the overly positive and exaggerating comments we saw last year after wins. Most of the negativity has been consistent and warranted with the exception of a few who will always be bi-polar because that's just how they roll. Just like there will always be people who are supremely negative or the direct opposite. That is a definite minority, however. I think most of us have been pretty fair all things considered. We have a right to be upset at this team playing around .500 hockey right now, even if they can turn it around. Just because they can still theoretically go on a tear and take 1st in the East doesn't mean we cannot be critical and voice our concerns. A point lost on people year after year.

I agree completely with this.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Seriously? are you implying that Nash just doesn't want to play? This might be more rediculous than the Prince Chad is better than Lundqvist thread, and that's saying a lot.

Maybe this team doesn't like to tell opponents where to focus their checks when he gets back. Thought about that? Oh no, it always has to be a conspiracy.

Nash hates all of his team mates and refused to board the plane to Ottawa. That's why he didn't make the trip. Then after the game, he called up his team mates, told them that they all suck, and then ran away to Mexico.

Am I doing it right?

That's what I would've done :dunno:

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012

Am I doing it right?

Yup, ran away to mexico with Howson. I hear they are starting a mariachi band

PoeticJustice

Feb 22, 2013

Am I doing it right?

You'll have to excuse me if I find this to be absolutely ridiculous and bordering on conspiracy.

I'm not theorizing conspiracy, just simply stating a fact. History is there for a reason, much like David Steckel when he hit Crosby, Matt Cooke on Karlsson, Sean Avery on... anybody? Even Todd Bertuzzi's past interview came back to haunt after he rode Steven Moore... How you play the game on and off the ice reflects both who you are as a player, and who you will be.

Something else that goes both ways... Other teams don't exactly target 'vulnerable' areas. Making medical information available not only gives your fans a possible return date, but also gives other teams a heads up, hey this guy is concussion prone, best to half speed this check. Not a conspiracy, just something to think about.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
What? No one is going lighter on Crosby because he's prone to concussions. Savard sustaining a concussion from Cooke didn't stop Hunwick from hitting him and causing PCS to come back.

Avery was never suspended for an on-ice incident, but nice try.

You are also making the NTC stuff to be a lot bigger than it was. Nash didn't say "Trade me to NY or else I don't show up." He had other teams on his list that he would waive his NTC for. That's how this stuff works. After giving his all for a franchise that was never able to give him 1 other offensively capable player to work with, he was fed up. But don't believe me. Go ask the CBJ board if they're mad at how Nash left. Hint: they're not, and they all still love him over there.

You're really grasping at straws with your conspiracy theories. Nash isn't playing because he's hurt, not because he's discontent with the team. Please take this reduculous nonsense somewhere else. Like the Devils board. They love this stuff over there.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I actually thought Torts was spot on.

you guys do realize when he says "we don't have our full lineup playing" he's not talking about injuries, he's talking about guys not PLAYING...they aren't playing hard enough, well enough, etc.

Gaborik played a great game.

we scored 2 goals that didn't count thanks to quick whistles/bad calls. We missed 3 completely wide open empty nets, and the game winner was one of the most ridiculous shots ive ever seen go in.

Holy overreaction batman.
I don't want Torts fired, but isn't this on him? His job is to get the players ready to play and put them in positions to succeed.
Like I said in the GDT, I noticed in few games their defensive structure breaks down rather easily leading to killer goals.
Maybe the lack of practice is the root cause.
That is definitely on the coach to correct though.

Having said that, if they got a couple of breaks last night and won, we would have been talking about something more positive.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Still not worried about the team yet. Let down, sure, but I'm still holding out hope we'll see them turn it on. They did the opposite of this last year- be awesome for the first 3/4ths of the season and then become a .500 team, hopefully we'll see the awesome part soon.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Don't you think it may be possible the Rangers aren't really sure what the injury is yet? Maybe it's possible that it's like a Hosgson situation, where they initially thought it could be a concussion but turned out to be a back/neck problem (at least, I think it was Cody Hodgson that happened to).

Oh, and frozen chicken is deadly, btw. Don't let Lindqvist anywhere near it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->