Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Just out of curiosity, is there a link where non season ticket holders can see available seats for season ticket purchase and the associated price?

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Just out of curiosity, is there a link where non season ticket holders can see available seats for season ticket purchase and the associated price?
I believe after all season tickets holders relocate and add seats and then people with deposits go. I remember when the season started I was able to go to the rangers website and hit buy tickets and it would show you what’s available and the price just like I was doing a seat upgrade but as a new season ticket holder.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Personally, I'd take the trade off of being in the visitors shoot twice side and facing the benches than the Rangers shoot twice side and facing the penalty box as long as the seats in 118 are closer to 117. But that's just personal preference. Something about facing the penalty box and being behind the benches throws me off.

I like watching line changes. I like being able to see how many skaters are on the ice. And these observations are not easy if one is seated behind the bench. But the BIG thing that throws me off when I ask myself "which side of the ice" to sit on has to do with TV and the images being displayed on Gardenvision. TV almost ALWAYS shows the action from behind the penalty boxes, so when sitting on the 31st St side of the Garden your view of the ice matches the TV broadcast your brain is used to processing. Gardenvision pretty much displays live action the way TV does, so too, when play moves far away, and you look up, you aren't looking at the action on Gardenvision through a mirror...

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

If there are any left when all is said and done, you should be able to browse on Ticketmaster...

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
If there are any left when all is said and done, you should be able to browse on Ticketmaster...
There will certainly be stuff left. There was a lot of green I remember from last year. I'm sure Kakko will help, but there will always be some inventory until this team is good again.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Half Plan question:

"Receive priority consideration for playoff tickets." WTF does that mean? So there isnt a guarantee get your seats for the playoffs (half the games). Or do they just let you pick playoff tickets sooner on ticketmaster then the normal person (and even then there is never anything left and everything is at a huge price up than STH paid?)

I was maybe thinking of getting a half after i tossed my full season...but if i cant even gaurentee myself playoffs tickets when they make them again, then f*** that.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Half Plan question:

"Receive priority consideration for playoff tickets." WTF does that mean? So there isnt a guarantee get your seats for the playoffs (half the games). Or do they just let you pick playoff tickets sooner on ticketmaster then the normal person (and even then there is never anything left and everything is at a huge price up than STH paid?)

I was maybe thinking of getting a half after i tossed my full season...but if i cant even gaurentee myself playoffs tickets when they make them again, then **** that.
Half plans are given first right of refusal for half of the playoff games.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Pricing at MSG is a giant tangled clusterf**k. There are seats with literally dozens of price points. What you're asking about is actually something that doesn't quite exist anymore. It exists for full season ticket holders that have had their seats for several years, we call those the full season tenured price. But if you signed up today you wouldn't get that price, you would get a higher price. If you bought the seat as a half plan, it could be over 50% more expensive than that, and still more as a mini plan or as a ticketmaster sale or a walk up sale.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
But who else is refusing aside from the other guy who bought the other half of the seats?
I don't know how it works if someone else doesn't have the other half of your seat. All I know for a fact is that half plans DO get first right of refusal for their own half of playoff games at face value.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I mean, just to play devil's advocate, can you realistically ask for more than half playoff rights for a half plan? lol
That's what I was asking. Am i 100% guaranteed at least half the playoffs tickets each round. Because the quote on NYR.com "Receive priority consideration for playoff tickets." doesn't make it sound like I am. Of course I wouldn't expect every game lol.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
That's what I was asking. Am i 100% guaranteed at least half the playoffs tickets each round. Because the quote on NYR.com "Receive priority consideration for playoff tickets." doesn't make it sound like I am. Of course I wouldn't expect every game lol.
Yes, you are. The wording is dumb, but you're guaranteed half. I had this conversation with my rep last year. You can always call them just to make sure though.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
I believe you get every other home playoff game. As the person with the other half of the plan for those seats gets the other playoff games

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, you are. The wording is dumb, but you're guaranteed half. I had this conversation with my rep last year. You can always call them just to make sure though.

I believe you get every other home playoff game. As the person with the other half of the plan for those seats gets the other playoff games

f*** IT, purchased. With all the kids and now Kakko/Hughes I couldn't resist. Plus I want playoff rights lol.

Ended up with Sec 223, Row 23 and the 2 seats next to the Isle (side closer to center ice). Much cheaper than paying for row 14, sec 224...even if its back 9 rows.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
**** IT, purchased. With all the kids and now Kakko/Hughes I couldn't resist. Plus I want playoff rights lol.

Ended up with Sec 223, Row 23 and the 2 seats next to the Isle (side closer to center ice). Much cheaper than paying for row 14, sec 224...even if its back 9 rows.
Just when you think you're out....

yankeejimbeam

Dec 17, 2018
As of Wed morning Full seasons
209 Row 1 -2
210 Row 1 - 3
225 Row 1 - 2
202 Row 2 -2
Several 2s and 4s in 100's

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
you should have gone in with a full STH. No shortage of people looking to spread their cost. Better seats, cheaper price

Yeah, if anyone is looking for a season share for this year (and perhaps beyond) please let me know. I've got 3 gallery seats on the aisle in Section 221, Row 2. Happy to do a 1/4 or 1/2 split at season subscriber cost.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
How the hell does this system work? I click the green seat but it won't let me add to the cart. lol

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
you should have gone in with a full STH. No shortage of people looking to spread their cost. Better seats, cheaper price
Eh, not really interested in sharing costs with a stranger for STH and fighting over who goes to what games, and trying to split profits from games sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad