Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
People also upgrading from halfs to fulls as well.

I would hope that they haven't been able to yet. As someone with fulls, and having not been able to relocate yet. Half should be going after any current full season subscriber. If they are going before, then there is an issue.

This will be my 2nd season having fulls and I'm going in 2 hours.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I would hope that they haven't been able to yet. As someone with fulls, and having not been able to relocate yet. Half should be going after any current full season subscriber. If they are going before, then there is an issue.

Probably priority based. Long time halfs will likely go ahead of you but recent halfs later in the week

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

You bring up yet another point...

Half-season plans are relatively "new", and I imagine that someone with a half plan would actually not have good tenure, and therefore would be relegated to the back of the upgrade / add line.
If the upgrade process is based on tenure only, based on the account, then the only way a half-plan holder could upgrade to fulls is if they had terrific tenure with a full-season plan, added a half-season plan when they were announced, and then used their full-season plan's tenure (time-slot) to upgrade their half-season plan...

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Whether fair or not, MSG likely views halfs in a similar light to fulls. Think about it, the only real difference between both in terms of benefits is that fulls get a better discount on tickets.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Probably priority based. Long time halfs will likely go ahead of you but recent halfs later in the week

You bring up yet another point...

Half-season plans are relatively "new", and I imagine that someone with a half plan would actually not have good tenure, and therefore would be relegated to the back of the upgrade / add line.
If the upgrade process is based on tenure only, based on the account, then the only way a half-plan holder could upgrade to fulls is if they had terrific tenure with a full-season plan, added a half-season plan when they were announced, and then used their full-season plan's tenure (time-slot) to upgrade their half-season plan...

This all makes sense. I've had a half season plan since the 2016 season. Mini plan since 2014 (but I don't think that counts). Hopefully the inventory on those upgrading won't be too bad.

yankeejimbeam

Dec 17, 2018
The Oliver Stone in me wonders if with JD coming back the Rangers took some of the remaining fulls and split them into halfs

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Good seats, yes. But they are a bit pricey when compared to two behind, screwing you on resale. Many would rather pay $50 less per seat to sit two rows further back...
Bingo! I gave up my 224 row 14 seats. Resell market was brutal this year. Center ice or not. I said the first year i lose money i'm out...well i lost money.

Like you said, the seats right behind me are $50 less a seats, $100 less a game. My reps NEVER,year after year, worked to get me back a few rows. f*** them.

I got to about 4-5 games a year, now i'll just buy the tickets a few hours before game time and pay face or than face.

Reactions: ponytrekker

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Not much up there as of now. Some singles in the 200s. Behind the net has a few gallery tickets available. Best value might be the row 2 bridge seats in 316. $125 a pop to move there.

Also noticed that even if you have tenured pricing, the additional seats are at the new price level. Not sure if anyone posted this. I was looking at the add seat function and the prices were higher than when I clicked on my plan. Imagine adding the seat next to your plan and having to pay the new rate. Guess that is there way to get you into the new price point.

Does anyone know if they combine halves to see if you can move there? I see that there are two seats in the same section as mine, two over that are in both half plans. Biggest difference between the two: the seats I'm in have one of the bridge support poles between the seats. Those do not. Curious if anyone thinks that they would do that.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Not much up there as of now. Some singles in the 200s. Behind the net has a few gallery tickets available. Best value might be the row 2 bridge seats in 316. $125 a pop to move there.

Also noticed that even if you have tenured pricing, the additional seats are at the new price level. Not sure if anyone posted this. I was looking at the add seat function and the prices were higher than when I clicked on my plan. Imagine adding the seat next to your plan and having to pay the new rate. Guess that is there way to get you into the new price point.

Does anyone know if they combine halves to see if you can move there? I see that there are two seats in the same section as mine, two over that are in both half plans. Biggest difference between the two: the seats I'm in have one of the bridge support poles between the seats. Those do not. Curious if anyone thinks that they would do that.

Two years ago, when the Blue and White plans became a "thing", and my window to upgrade opened. There was pretty much NOTHING in the upper bowl for full seasons. However, the seats I wanted were available in both half-season plans. My rep was called, as I was informed that there was nothing he could do. He could not give me those two half-season plans, make them whole, and then have my existing seats split into two halves.

I doubt it has changed. Phone and ask. Maybe you get lucky. I didn't two years ago.

Reactions: JimmyG89

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Two years ago, when the Blue and White plans became a "thing", and my window to upgrade opened. There was pretty much NOTHING in the upper bowl for full seasons. However, the seats I wanted were available in both half-season plans. My rep was called, as I was informed that there was nothing he could do. He could not give me those two half-season plans, make them whole, and then have my existing seats split into two halves.

I doubt it has changed. Phone and ask. Maybe you get lucky. I didn't two years ago.
Same thing happened to me last year sec 211 row 9 had 2 seats off the aisle available in both half plans but not full season. He said I could take both plans and basically have full seasons but I would be paying the half season price. I really liked the seats a lot almost did it but decided not too. I looked this year same seats were available for 1 half plan but not the other

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Are half seasons guaranteed to have the same seats the next year? Mini plans?
Being invoiced for the same seats, same plan. Absolutely zero available for fulls. Plenty available for the other half but not sure I'm going that route.

frgabby

Feb 8, 2016
Ulster County NY
Any opinions or insights on section 108 or section 118? I see a pair in each section at or behind the price break (row 15 in one and row 16 in the other).

Have been in row 1 gallery seats for past several years (207, then 210, now 225 for next season since they made me move to go down from 3 seats to 2) - but thinking for a bit more money can be closer to ice.

I’m guessing lower bowl seats possibly easier to sell compared to the nearly unsellable row 1 gallery seats. But really more interested in whether the sections are good in terms of views, fans, etc and what you get for regular club seats besides in seat service and access to club dining at extra cost?

Thanks,

Frank

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Any opinions or insights on section 108 or section 118? I see a pair in each section at or behind the price break (row 15 in one and row 16 in the other).

Have been in row 1 gallery seats for past several years (207, then 210, now 225 for next season since they made me move to go down from 3 seats to 2) - but thinking for a bit more money can be closer to ice.

I’m guessing lower bowl seats possibly easier to sell compared to the nearly unsellable row 1 gallery seats. But really more interested in whether the sections are good in terms of views, fans, etc and what you get for regular club seats besides in seat service and access to club dining at extra cost?

Thanks,

Frank

Why did they make you go from 3 to 2 seats?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
108 is on the shoot twice side so all else the same I'd choose them.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Sorry, poorly written. I wanted to go from 3 seats to 2 and they wouldn’t let me just drop one of my seats in 210 since it would leave a single seat - only way was to give up the 3 seats and find a pair elsewhere.

Gotcha. I've had a set of 3 for a number of years so I was wondering what that was about. Fortunately mine are Row 2 Gallery so the price hike isn't so steep as your previous Row 1s.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY

Thanks,

Frank

If you can find sec 108 or 118 row 15 or higher but more closer to the center ice section you’ll be at 255 a ticket I think. Your getting like a double price point break there. I remember last year there was tickets on the aisle of 118 row 16 right next to center ice. I believe sec 117 rows 14 and down are like 375 and sec 117 row 15 and up are like 295. It’s crazy because the person in 117 row 14 is 375 and row 15 is 295 and then the person right next to them on the aisle in 118 row 15 is 255. That’s a big price difference.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Thanks,

Frank

Personally, I'd take the trade off of being in the visitors shoot twice side and facing the benches than the Rangers shoot twice side and facing the penalty box as long as the seats in 118 are closer to 117. But that's just personal preference. Something about facing the penalty box and being behind the benches throws me off.

I can't say I know what gallery goes for but the club seats tend to be a bloodbath as well. Especially for dead weeknight games, I see those seats frequently get down to the 100-125ish range on StubHub day of and sometimes less. The actual view is great, probably some of the best views in the place in those rows. You're close enough to feel the action but also high enough to see everything develop. I think sweet spot would probably be row 18ish but again, personal preference type thing.

Regular club seats come with basically what you describe. The in seat club service and access to the club bar and grill which you have to pay for. You also get access to the suites and club seat entrance as opposed to having to enter through the main lobby but it's not much of a perk to me.

The fans down there can be hit or miss. I've had different experiences sitting in the club seats and I think it's more luck of the draw than anything. There's been nights where I'm surrounded by a bunch of fans who are into it and nights where I feel like I'm the only person within that span of a few rows that gives a shit about the game. I guess it really depends on the game and who takes the company tickets that night.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY

Thanks,

Frank

Sec 118 row 16 has seats 3 and 4 available.
Sec 108 row 16 seats 7 and 8

Those are the only seats available with the double price break

If you wanted to go lower bowl center ice I would grab the 118 row 16.. 2 seats off the aisle and I like the view from that side better than the other for some reason

Last edited:

frgabby

Feb 8, 2016
Ulster County NY
Thanks for all of the input, appreciate it. The 118/16 seats 3 and 4 just popped up and I’ll probably take those if I can stop overthinking things. Have always been on the other side behind the benches so we were looking for a change of scenery, and they’re close enough to center that the shoot-twice thing doesn’t seem that big to me at the moment.

As for pricing, the row 1 seats were $200 and on some nights late in the season I literally couldn’t give them away so getting $125 on a $265 seat on those kind of nights will be an improvement. The row 2 seats I think were $135 so any sales could never compete with that discount one row behind. Also found that many people, my wife included, didn’t like the glass and TVs in front of them since it sometimes got in the way of the view.

My kid starts at NYU in the fall so that means more games attended and fewer games being sold, so less concerned about sales at least for this year.

Anyway thanks again for the replies.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Thanks for all of the input, appreciate it. The 118/16 seats 3 and 4 just popped up and I’ll probably take those if I can stop overthinking things. Have always been on the other side behind the benches so we were looking for a change of scenery, and they’re close enough to center that the shoot-twice thing doesn’t seem that big to me at the moment.

As for pricing, the row 1 seats were $200 and on some nights late in the season I literally couldn’t give them away so getting $125 on a $265 seat on those kind of nights will be an improvement. The row 2 seats I think were $135 so any sales could never compete with that discount one row behind. Also found that many people, my wife included, didn’t like the glass and TVs in front of them since it sometimes got in the way of the view.

My kid starts at NYU in the fall so that means more games attended and fewer games being sold, so less concerned about sales at least for this year.

Anyway thanks again for the replies.
Where are your row 1s now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad