Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
I’ve seen some pretty horrific and unjustified ranting about the team on HFBoards over the years but this really takes the cake.

We haven’t been able to see games in a year, let alone do much of anything because of a global pandemic that has killed 480K Americans, and you guys are complaining about paying money for a test that helps ensure the safety of your fellow fans?

Get a f***ing grip.

Reactions: ponytrekker

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
you guys are complaining about paying money for a test that helps ensure the safety of your fellow fans?
paying for a test? YEP, put me at the front of the line to complain, F that. BUT, from the Knicks email it did not seem that they would be charging, you just had to show a test result. So we'll see based on Monday's details

Reactions: Cmox

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Am I the only one who has no interest in going to get a test (paid or otherwise) and then taking public transportation to the Garden, to watch a Rangers game in a 90% empty building while wearing a mask?

Reactions: JRinNYC and mas0764

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Am I the only one who has no interest in going to get a test (paid or otherwise) and then taking public transportation to the Garden, to watch a Rangers game in a 90% empty building while wearing a mask?
Statistically if you are under 65 and have no comorbidity (diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension, etc..) then you have pretty much nothing to worry about. It's mostly hyped up news and politics involved to scare people. Obviously if you interact with vulnerable people at home then you should not be exposing them to the risk

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Places like CityMD test folks no questions asked, and code it such that it is billable to insurance. I would use them every time, unless MSG requires a different lab facility than what CityMD uses.
Nvr mind. Someone else covered.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Statistically if you are under 65 and have no comorbidity (diabetes, cholesterol, hypertension, etc..) then you have pretty much nothing to worry about. It's mostly hyped up news and politics involved to scare people. Obviously if you interact with vulnerable people at home then you should not be exposing them to the risk
A totally idiotic and uninformed statement.

Statistically, my car/plane is unlikely to crash so why bother with a seat belt. It's all hyped up news and politics to scare people. I DeZurv MaH fReeDUMMZ.

Nearly 20% of the deaths are people under 65. And 6% had no comorbitities. Another 20% high blood pressure -- which half of Americans have. Another 45% -- the comorbidity was . . . basically, Covid NVSS - Provisional Death Counts for COVID-19 - Executive Summary

Last edited:
Reactions: aaydmc2

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I’ve seen some pretty horrific and unjustified ranting about the team on HFBoards over the years but this really takes the cake.

We haven’t been able to see games in a year, let alone do much of anything because of a global pandemic that has killed 480K Americans, and you guys are complaining about paying money for a test that helps ensure the safety of your fellow fans?

Get a f***ing grip.
The only issue I have is that a test is not a magic bullet There are numerous outbreaks preceded by negative tests. The Rose Garden Massacre was one. The Royal Carrib November cruise was another. I understand they'll be still requiring masking and distancing but for some, it's an idiotic false sense of security.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
I actually think it would be a pretty cool experience. Hearing everything that goes on the ice, the officials giving direction/warnings. If you are a fan and want to be the 6th skater or whatever this would be your chance - with 2000 people in the building, everyone one will be able to identify the ones screaming shoot every time the puck gets held for a second on the powerplay. If there was ever a guy from another team you wanted to chirp, this would be your chance.

Reactions: ponytrekker

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
A totally idiotic and uninformed statement.

Statistically, my car/plane is unlikely to crash so why bother with a seat belt. It's all hyped up news and politics to scare people. I DeZurv MaH fReeDUMMZ.

Nearly 20% of the deaths are people under 65. And 6% had no comorbitities. Another 20% high blood pressure -- which half of Americans have. Another 45% -- the comorbidity was . . . basically, Covid NVSS - Provisional Death Counts for COVID-19 - Executive Summary
What's idiotic is people like you who have destroyed the economy and ruined the lives of millions and stunted the education of millions more children because of faulty risk assessment and fear mongering.

Your analogy is completely wrong, you say why put a seatbelt on when what we're actually talking about is why drive at all

If you have high blood pressure you shouldn't be taking that risk, as I said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boris Zubov

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
What is everyone thinking in terms of testing? I'm going to try for the Buffalo game just so i can get a sense of what the folks who go to the two Bruins games put up with.

Think my plan would be to go to City MD 72 hours before the game and get a PCR and make an appointment for day of game at one of the day of testing facilities like NYU and use that as a fallback if I don't get my results from CityMD in time. Especially since CityMD tests with no questions asked and i haven't had a problem in the past with insurance.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
What is everyone thinking in terms of testing? I'm going to try for the Buffalo game just so i can get a sense of what the folks who go to the two Bruins games put up with.

Think my plan would be to go to City MD 72 hours before the game and get a PCR and make an appointment for day of game at one of the day of testing facilities like NYU and use that as a fallback if I don't get my results from CityMD in time. Especially since CityMD tests with no questions asked and i haven't had a problem in the past with insurance.
It remains to be seen what their policy is, if we can get our test then I'll just go to one of the big city testing facilities. The place at the old Sports Authority on Northern and 54th is huge and normally you can be in and out in 30 minutes if the line is short

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
It remains to be seen what their policy is, if we can get our test then I'll just go to one of the big city testing facilities. The place at the old Sports Authority on Northern and 54th is huge and normally you can be in and out in 30 minutes if the line is short

How have the PCR turnarounds been?

Also I'm a bit confused as to what the 72 hour rule entails. Does the test need to take place within 72 hours of puck drop? Or do we need the results in hand within 72 hours of puck drop? ie: I get tested on Monday for a Saturday game and receive my negative result Friday afternoon. Does that count?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I actually think it would be a pretty cool experience. Hearing everything that goes on the ice, the officials giving direction/warnings. If you are a fan and want to be the 6th skater or whatever this would be your chance - with 2000 people in the building, everyone one will be able to identify the ones screaming shoot every time the puck gets held for a second on the powerplay. If there was ever a guy from another team you wanted to chirp, this would be your chance.

I’m very torn on the experience myself. All the stuff that you listed seems cool but the issue is I don’t think you’d hear any of it. I can’t remember where I read it but I believe the NHL mandates the fake crowd noise continue if the attendance is 5K or less. A friend of mine who went to the Panthers first few games said the noise was on in arena and pretty annoying so that would probably drown out the natural sounds.

Pros to me would be short lines for bathrooms and food (though they could very well do what the Nets are doing and have concession stands shut and make you order on the app with it being brought to you which I guess would be another pro in itself) as well as not worrying about having no space around you with how cramped the seats are.

Con to me would obviously be 2K building in an 18K building for a regular season game. Zero atmosphere for a game that means something. Even preseason games are dead and those are usually half full.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Yeah, I’m trying to figure out my plan so I’d love to hear suggestions. I got a PCR done at Northwell Urgent Care Thursday night and got the results back this morning. They quoted me at 2-3 day turnaround time but nothing’s ever a guarantee you know?

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Are the Tix definitely non transferable ?? As a Bruins fan I wouldn’t hesitate to pay an inflated price for that 2/28 game , even with the test requirement

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Knicks email went out, no fee for testing at MSG, you can get a test wherever you want and the test result has to match photo ID. Also if you're sick you won't be allowed in, you have to fill out a health survey on the app within 12 hours of the game

You can transfer tickets through the app but they aren't letting you resell on ticketmaster

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Knicks email went out, no fee for testing at MSG, you can get a test wherever you want and the test result has to match photo ID. Also if you're sick you won't be allowed in, you have to fill out a health survey on the app within 12 hours of the game

You can transfer tickets through the app but they aren't letting you resell on ticketmaster

Does that mean MSG is providing testing or just you can do whatever you want in terms of testing? And how are they validating results? Is it something you have to present when you show up at the arena?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
As someone that has been lucky enough to not have to get tested, if I go to a City MD say, does anyone know if you get proof of negative results or is it just a phone call?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
As someone that has been lucky enough to not have to get tested, if I go to a City MD say, does anyone know if you get proof of negative results or is it just a phone call?

They upload your results to your CityMD portal if negative (and I guess positive too though I've never tested positive) and call you if you're positive as soon as they have results. No phone call if negative.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
At CityMD you create an account online and the test result will get loaded when ready which you can print

Does that mean MSG is providing testing or just you can do whatever you want in terms of testing? And how are they validating results? Is it something you have to present when you show up at the arena?
MSG is not testing, you have to get your own test with printed results that match the name on your photo ID

Here is the official MSG info:
  • In accordance with New York State guidelines, each attendee, including those who are vaccinated, must present confirmation from a healthcare provider of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the day of the game with a government-issued photo ID matching the name on the test result. Please note there may be additional requirements and restrictions for some ticket holders in specific seat locations which will be communicated directly to those ticket buyers.
  • All guests must pass a health survey, available on the MSG Venue App, within 12 hours of the game. To help us ensure a fast and efficient entry process, we ask that all guests complete the survey before arriving at the venue.
  • Guests will undergo a temperature check upon arrival that must register below 100.4 degrees.
  • To facilitate contactless entry, all tickets will be digital and can be accessed and displayed only via the MSG Venue App.
  • Tickets can be transferred via the MSG Venue App however, resale will not be available in the app.
  • While in The Garden, all guests will be required to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth, except while actively eating or drinking, which will only be permitted in your assigned seat.

pateman

Feb 22, 2017
As season ticket holders, what do you think tickets end up going for if you were to sell? I've been watching everything unfold eagerly to try and grab a pair for the end of the season or I guess, just at some point.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Still curious what happens if you test positive or if you don't get your results back. I guess it's on you since the tickets are transferrable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad