Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayBlue99

Jun 9, 2018
They’re in my account now. If anyone has extras for the 4 PM session as well, let me know. Had requested 4 but only got 2 since that’s the number of seats on my account.

Mine are there now too.
I have 2 tickets and requested 4 and got 4.
Still would love to get 1 more for the 4:00pm session to take the whole family if anyone has an extra.

Thanks !

Last edited:

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Curious about what everyone thought of the event yesterday. We went to the 10:00 AM session and had a great time. My only really take away was that last year's event had more stuff going on that wasn't there this year.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I went to the 4pm, but did not get sick. We did not eat anything inside.

Did think it was VERY crowded. Was surprised that time slot was popular. My Daughter and I still had fun
I wend at 10 and it wasn't crowded at all.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I went to the 4 PM one too. Ate the food, not feeling sick at all. Ice was a bit crowded but thinned out during the session. Definitely not as much in terms of giveaways or things like last year but I still enjoyed it. Skating on the ice is a pretty cool perk to me though I know others may value other things.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Knicks are having a draft lottery party at Pennsy but unlike the rangers it will have free food and drink.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I wend at 10 and it wasn't crowded at all.
If they do it next year, might try for an earlier session. Bought tickets for the 530 Paw Patrol show, so didn't want to have to kill time in between with a 5 year-old and an almost 2 year old.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
There's got to be a better way. With fees on the buyer and fees on the seller the only one making out is the big corporations.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It's pretty wild how ridiculous the fees are. I remember when it was 10% to seller and like 15% to the buyer. Now it's 15% to the seller and what, 20-25% for the buyer?

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
But they will be 2% more aggressive in listing inventory from skybox - whatever that means.
Can anyone explain what this means? If you sort by price, you will see the lowest price first. Unless it means that the buyer fee for SkyBox listings will be lowered.

Is anyone going to call SkyBox and talk to their rep to see if there is anything they can do?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Can anyone explain what this means? If you sort by price, you will see the lowest price first. Unless it means that the buyer fee for SkyBox listings will be lowered.

Is anyone going to call SkyBox and talk to their rep to see if there is anything they can do?
As a guess they will increase their markdown by 2%. If we list a game for $75 it might show up on vivid at $100 before fees. But if the sale is through skybox it will show up as $98. This is only a guess.

yankeejimbeam

Dec 17, 2018
If you list a ticket for $100, all else being equal, vivid will list it $98 but still pay you as though it were a $100 sale. By lower the listing they are trying to draw traffic to the site. Since both they and SH are always playing with pricing your $100 ticket might be listed at $87 but you will still paid $85 (100 - 15%)

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
If you list a ticket for $100, all else being equal, vivid will list it $98 but still pay you as though it were a $100 sale. By lower the listing they are trying to draw traffic to the site. Since both they and SH are always playing with pricing your $100 ticket might be listed at $87 but you will still paid $85 (100 - 15%)
Vivid has been doing this for a while. Whatever the price you list it for is what you'll be paid before the fee (was -10%, now -15%). So yeah, if I had a ticket listed at $100 it may show up on the site as $100, $90, $55, whatever but the final net to me was always $90.

They do it to jolt the market and to compete against other sites like StubHub. But what I'm really curious about, is if they shift the prices based on who's logged in. So for example if a cheapskate is logged in they may see a ticket for $60, but if a whale is logged in who's been buying 20 VIP tickets a month their price shown might be $110 because vivid knows they will pay. That would be the ultimate execution of price discrimination, and vivid picks up all the upside.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Knicks relocation started this week. There was no penalty for changing seats, any other seat selected was the same long-tenured price, and there was no extra fee for aisle. But they did give the option of going from full season to half season, and the per game price was 60% more for half than full in the upper bowl.

They have a whole new seat rendering system

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Knicks relocation started this week. There was no penalty for changing seats, any other seat selected was the same long-tenured price, and there was no extra fee for aisle. But they did give the option of going from full season to half season, and the per game price was 60% more for half than full in the upper bowl.

Can you post screenshots? Is it io media or something g totally different?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

How was inventory compared to previous seasons? Holding back anything good like the Rangers?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
How was inventory compared to previous seasons? Holding back anything good like the Rangers?
They had pairs and singles here and there, like 4-5 total per section but for some reason 211 had a ton of seats (like 40) just after the price break and even in the cheaper price points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad