Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
If anyone is not going to use their tickets for the event on the 14th, I'm looking for two more at 10:00 am so I can take my niece and nephew.

GardenRoverNYC

Mar 30, 2019
Hi. Newbie on the forums.

Anyways, I have been a Rangers and Knicks fan for nearly 20 years now, and have been going to games religiously since 2014. This season, I will have gone to 5 Ranger games, and 5 Knick games. A couple of months ago, I finally took the next step by finally becoming a first time STH for next year!

I've spent weeks on Google and YouTube looking for suggestions and discussions on being a STH, its highs and lows. All of this has brought me to this thread (and these forums), and I'm definitely enjoy reading all the suggestions from long time ticket holders. I, myself, am planning to go about 10-12 games next year. And I'm looking forward for my first call or email from my MSG rep for the 2019-2020 season this summer! Wish me luck!

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Hi. Newbie on the forums.

Anyways, I have been a Rangers and Knicks fan for nearly 20 years now, and have been going to games religiously since 2014. This season, I will have gone to 5 Ranger games, and 5 Knick games. A couple of months ago, I finally took the next step by finally becoming a first time STH for next year!

I've spent weeks on Google and YouTube looking for suggestions and discussions on being a STH, its highs and lows. All of this has brought me to this thread (and these forums), and I'm definitely enjoy reading all the suggestions from long time ticket holders. I, myself, am planning to go about 10-12 games next year. And I'm looking forward for my first call or email from my MSG rep for the 2019-2020 season this summer! Wish me luck!
Hey welcome to the board, anything we can help with just ask

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Citibank flagged my knicks payment as suspicious though rangers went through. Maybe they're lumping me in with KP.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
so, strange but true the Rangers saw it fit to send out an email this morning that prices were not going to go up (after everyone already renewed, mind you) for next season. Not a surprise, but I thought for sure the Knicks were going to slide in an increase if they landed a big free agent or won the draft lottery. But sure enough, Knicks sent the same letter. Maybe the timing didn't work out in terms of lining up free agents and people having been billed for several months already

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I don't know if I'd read too much into it. Hard to justify raising ticket prices after the compiling worse record in the NBA because they can't even hint at lining up top FAs as a reason. I may take the opportunity to go from 2 to 4 seats if I can stay in my current location.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
In case anyone is curious, account manager is currently down.
Doesn’t matter. If you were planning on selling your tix tonight you’d have better luck selling snow to an Eskimo.

Market is generally low two figures and tanking.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I just emailed my last set of tickets on stubhub...i'm officially out of the STH business. Good job Rangers by just raising and raising those prices, and making it harder and harder to cut even by selling what you can't go to.

edit - 19 years as a STH.

Last edited:
Reactions: ray hey and eKardz

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I just emailed my last set of tickets on stubhub...i'm officially out of the STH business. Good job Rangers by just raising and raising those prices, and making it harder and harder to cut even by selling what you can't go to.

edit - 19 years as a STH.
Really, full (or even half, which I have) are only sustainable when the team is good enough so that there's a sniff of the deeper rounds. More so at these inflated prices. I like where my seats are. Low 200s, center. That's the only thing keeping me in but it's a close decision.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Really, full (or even half, which I have) are only sustainable when the team is good enough so that there's a sniff of the deeper rounds. More so at these inflated prices. I like where my seats are. Low 200s, center. That's the only thing keeping me in but it's a close decision.
Same thing with me my price point is probably one of the best in the garden. Even this year I did good selling my games I couldn’t go to.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I'm in the low 200s center also. They are a bad value, but I love the seats and my wife is attached to them more than I am. It's close to the food she likes and one of the few places where about half the people are usually familiar faces.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
My ticket partner spoke with our rep before the game on Wednesday. I didn't go with him.
I asked him if the rep disclosed any renewal information. There was none.

One item of information that WAS offered up was that the Rangers planned to implement only five tiers of pricing next season. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
My ticket partner spoke with our rep before the game on Wednesday. I didn't go with him.
I asked him if the rep disclosed any renewal information. There was none.

One item of information that WAS offered up was that the Rangers planned to implement only five tiers of pricing next season. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.
Who is your rep? I was planning on asking similar questions today and don't want to if it's the same person.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
It has been a while since I attended the last home game of season, regular season that is. Someone who often goes to the last game told me they have had some pretty good sales in the team store. Can anyone confirm or deny?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
It has been a while since I attended the last home game of season, regular season that is. Someone who often goes to the last game told me they have had some pretty good sales in the team store. Can anyone confirm or deny?
I went last season (I think I did anyway) but don't recall the sales. The link in the email says there is a 25% discount plus a 40% discount with a chase card (presumably not stacked). I went Wednesday and they were still giving away knicks and rangers yearbooks. I think they have the best sales in the summer though.

BTW just received an email that the Rangers are having a draft lottery party at Dewey's. Did they have one last year? It's open to everyone.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I went last season (I think I did anyway) but don't recall the sales. The link in the email says there is a 25% discount plus a 40% discount with a chase card (presumably not stacked). I went Wednesday and they were still giving away knicks and rangers yearbooks. I think they have the best sales in the summer though.

BTW just received an email that the Rangers are having a draft lottery party at Dewey's. Did they have one last year? It's open to everyone.

Sure would be nice if they held events outside NYC. They realize most of their season ticket holders dont live in the city right? How about on just inside LI? Or in Westchester? I'm not going to the city to watch a 5 minute lottery lol.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Sure would be nice if they held events outside NYC. They realize most of their season ticket holders dont live in the city right? How about on just inside LI? Or in Westchester? I'm not going to the city to watch a 5 minute lottery lol.
All their events are near the garden. Maybe next year they'll have it Uniondale.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Knicks (with lower ticket prices) go one better and give you unlimited free food between 6 and 7 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad