Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I would take face just not to eat any games. My experience is the quicker you get rid of them the better off you are. Everyone try’s to make a killing and then they panic the day of the game and end up losing money. I’m more than thrilled to sell a panther game in October for face let alone make 40 dollars
Then you would be better off finding a few people on your own to take a few games each.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I do not understand the purpose of buying season tickets just to put most or all of them up for sale publicly for face or slightly more than face. If it is just to recoup your money in what might be a down year, well, what if they are lousy for the next 10 years? All you are doing is giving them more ammo and in time they will revoke your tickets when they label you a broker. We can cite the laws that say they can't, doesn't mean they won't try or won't try to change the terms of your season ticket agreement.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
100% agree with both of you. I'm shooting for minimal profits right now. Any games I can sell for cover I'm moving them.

So far, games have been selling really well.
Of course they are selling really well. You are selling for less than what MSG will sell them for on an individual basis. Especially if you are basing on the variable pricing and selling the lower tiered games.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
They monitor everything, doesn’t matter the platform. It’s just a lot easier for them to see what’s sold on TicketExchange obviously. But if you’re listing anywhere online, they’re aware of it.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
I do not understand the purpose of buying season tickets just to put most or all of them up for sale publicly for face or slightly more than face. If it is just to recoup your money in what might be a down year, well, what if they are lousy for the next 10 years? All you are doing is giving them more ammo and in time they will revoke your tickets when they label you a broker. We can cite the laws that say they can't, doesn't mean they won't try or won't try to change the terms of your season ticket agreement.
I’ve had season tickets since I was 18..I’m 36 now the first year I went to like 30 something games and it almost felt like a job. So for the next few years I would go to ten games or so but now with owning a business and two kids I’m really only able to make a few games a year. So I try to sell them as quickly as possible I don’t care if I break even or make a little money I just don’t want selling tickets to become a second job I’d rather break even and get rid of them quickly as possible. The only way I would ever give up season tickets is if I was losing money every year then I would just buy the games I want to go to.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
Do the Rangers realize how bad last year was..do they realize the team most likely will not make the playoffs this year..yet they are selling 200 level tickets for $300 plus on so called premium nights...have they not learned from the Jets PSL fiasco, the Yankees way overpricing when the product was not championship calibre..the Rangers are all about greed..they have season ticket holders trying to sell their tickets to most games so they can afford to go to a few games .they have left many season ticket holders leaving after many years as loyal subscribers...No family can go to a game...young kids will never know the joy of going to many games a year...they are not building a future fan base this way..it is sad. Welcome to Rangerstown!

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I’ve had season tickets since I was 18..I’m 36 now the first year I went to like 30 something games and it almost felt like a job. So for the next few years I would go to ten games or so but now with owning a business and two kids I’m really only able to make a few games a year. So I try to sell them as quickly as possible I don’t care if I break even or make a little money I just don’t want selling tickets to become a second job I’d rather break even and get rid of them quickly as possible. The only way I would ever give up season tickets is if I was losing money every year then I would just buy the games I want to go to.
I hear you. I'm the same way. Started at 22, now 42. My first year, I went to about 25-30. Then, the friend I started with moved. Fortunately, my wife is a big fan, but we can really only go on weekends. Even friday nights are tough for her as she has an afternoon meeting almost every friday and never knows if it will end at 3 or 5:30. Then, keep a few games for myself to go with my brother, a few other friends. I do sell about 30, but have never sold more than 5 or so on the exchange.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I know there was a question earlier about how long TicketExchange takes to pay you out. I sold games Saturday and Sunday and it already hit my bank account for those sales today in one lump sum.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Well i sold my preseason games so i'm happy about that. Sold them each for $50, and think they were $75 face or something. Much better than last year when I had to sell them the week of for about 25 a ticket just to get rid of them.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I assume the 8th floor concourse. So now it's the Madison Concourse which is the 6th floor and the Pepsi Fan Deck on the 8th.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I figured they would have just named it the Pepsi Garden Concourse just like the 6th floor is the SAP Madison Concourse.

The Pepsi Fan Deck is probably something besides the Concourse... My money is on the Pepsi Fan Deck being the new name for the Bud Light Lounges (the old sky boxes on the 7th avenue end), although it could be the new name for the West Balcony seats...

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Listed my entire inventory on TE yesterday. Trying a different approach this season as I usually go with Vivid/StubHub. Anyway, my Oct 13 vs Edm just sold for a good bit over face.
Keep in mind the Rangers have total visibility on all your TE sales. I would be weary about selling more than 49% through them because they will want to flag you as a reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad