Rangers Season Tickets Holders: Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
On TE when listing tickets for sale it says "Similar tickets are selling for $XX.XX". Is this amount the total cost or the price seen when viewing inventory on the site?

Last edited:

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Sold 3 more games today..sold out all of October already all from the ticket exchange..haven’t sold any big games though yet no caps, pens, or islanders

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Sold 3 more games today..sold out all of October already all from the ticket exchange..haven’t sold any big games though yet no caps, pens, or islanders
Put most of Oct on SH yesterday, no nibbles. I usually put the price as the cheapest in 224 and the other center ice section 211. Do you have more suscess over at TE? I've never used that to sell tickets before..

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Listed my entire inventory on TE yesterday. Trying a different approach this season as I usually go with Vivid/StubHub. Anyway, my Oct 13 vs Edm just sold for a good bit over face.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Listed my entire inventory on TE yesterday. Trying a different approach this season as I usually go with Vivid/StubHub. Anyway, my Oct 13 vs Edm just sold for a good bit over face.
That’s funny oilers are the 1 game in October that hasn’t sold on ticket exchange for me yet

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
This is first year im using ticketexchange. Selling games super fast, have never sold this many in july and for a premium. I have used stubhub in the past.

Have to think it has to do with the fact that in july/august the supply is rather low thus the “real” market price hasnt been determined and what we as sellers are seeing is panic buyers thinking prices will rise as season nears.

I cant think of any other explanation for why tickets are moving fast but im not complaining thats for sure

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
selling like hotcakes??? really...at such inflated prices for season ticket holders what can the profit margin really be?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, I’m doing exceptionally well with TicketExchange too thus far after switching over. Really weird too because at least in my pricing category, tickets are substantially cheaper on StubHub/Vivid.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What's the likely cheapest tickets for the Oilers game? Might be visiting New York in October and want to see that game

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
I’ve sold 20 games so far on ticketexchange all games for a profit..sold the Toronto game today for 50 a ticket over face..I’m shocked at how quickly tickets are moving

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
Yeah, I’m doing exceptionally well with TicketExchange too thus far after switching over. Really weird too because at least in my pricing category, tickets are substantially cheaper on StubHub/Vivid.
Also realize there’s something about getting the tickets emailed ASAP and only ticketexchange has that option right now..you can load tickets until 72 hours prior on stubhub

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
This is first year im using ticketexchange. Selling games super fast, have never sold this many in july and for a premium. I have used stubhub in the past.

Have to think it has to do with the fact that in july/august the supply is rather low thus the “real” market price hasnt been determined and what we as sellers are seeing is panic buyers thinking prices will rise as season nears.

I cant think of any other explanation for why tickets are moving fast but im not complaining thats for sure

i feel like the verified thing has to do with it too. my parents would never buy tickets off stub hub, craigslist or ebay. they think those things are scams, 20 years later lol. But a ticket master ticket, sold and verified by ticketmaster would make older generations much more comfortable i believe, and they would pay the premium.

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
i feel like the verified thing has to do with it too. my parents would never buy tickets off stub hub, craigslist or ebay. they think those things are scams, 20 years later lol. But a ticket master ticket, sold and verified by ticketmaster would make older generations much more comfortable i believe, and they would pay the premium.
Stub hub is very reliable and if there is a problem they do take quick action from my experience but I think the major thing right now is ticketexchange is the only place that you get the emailed tickets right now and that’s playing a big part in it. Also there was a pre sale today so I wonder if people who didn’t or couldn’t get what they wanted today started buying on secondary market

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I'd think the older generation would prefer the actual ticket over a barcode on their phone.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
That's it? $20 over face? Hate to break it to you, but you are pretty much giving them away.
I would take face just not to eat any games. My experience is the quicker you get rid of them the better off you are. Everyone try’s to make a killing and then they panic the day of the game and end up losing money. I’m more than thrilled to sell a panther game in October for face let alone make 40 dollars

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I would take face just not to eat any games. My experience is the quicker you get rid of them the better off you are. Everyone try’s to make a killing and then they panic the day of the game and end up losing money. I’m more than thrilled to sell a panther game in October for face let alone make 40 dollars

Totally agree. If I can cover my cost this season I'll consider that a success. I still think come opening day it's going to be tough to get face on many nights.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The early games are going to be relatively easy to sell imo since the games are cheap (for variable pricing) and the team won't suck (on paper at least).

MikePLee

Oct 9, 2011
Totally agree. If I can cover my cost this season I'll consider that a success. I still think come opening day it's going to be tough to get face on many nights.

100% agree with both of you. I'm shooting for minimal profits right now. Any games I can sell for cover I'm moving them.

So far, games have been selling really well.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
100% agree with both of you. I'm shooting for minimal profits right now. Any games I can sell for cover I'm moving them.

So far, games have been selling really well.

Yeah, there’s some games I’m aiming to make a nice chunk on but I’m trying to aggressively move stuff. So far in terms of regular season, I moved every game for my average cost or better. 5 games across Oct - Dec. Two games I may have undersold (12/27 which is usually a big money game I definitely did but I’m fine with what I took home and Thanksgiving weekend Caps I sold for just under variable face but I thought the variable one was ridiculous for that). Sold a few dead games for my average cost or better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad