First five games at MSG are against Western Conference teams

Oh, goodie...

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Via SNY:
Six of the first nine games are at MSG
First five games at MSG are against Western Conference teams

Oh, goodie...

October is gross. The home opener and the Saturday 1pm game vs Edmonton is good. Every other game is bad.

Thanksgiving weekend is solid. Islanders the day before, Caps on the Saturday. Decent games for XMas. Once you get past October, the market might be decent, so long as the team competes.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
October is gross. The home opener and the Saturday 1pm game vs Edmonton is good. Every other game is bad.

Thanksgiving weekend is solid. Islanders the day before, Caps on the Saturday. Decent games for XMas. Once you get past October, the market might be decent, so long as the team competes.

Have no illusions. The market will be the worst in a long time. And it's terrible that they waste premium matchups by having them on some of the most desirable days of the year. Regardless, this season will be a bloodbath for many. The key for ticket holders next season is survival. If you can end up with only a minor loss consider yourself fortunate.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Have no illusions. The market will be the worst in a long time. And it's terrible that they waste premium matchups by having them on some of the most desirable days of the year. Regardless, this season will be a bloodbath for many. The key for ticket holders next season is survival. If you can end up with only a minor loss consider yourself fortunate.
The good news is that once we get half decent again, demand will skyrocket once more.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
In all honesty, if someone wants to get in on fulls, this is the best time to do so. If we even slightly out-preform our expectations this season, demand is going to go back to normal.

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
In all honesty, if someone wants to get in on fulls, this is the best time to do so. If we even slightly out-preform our expectations this season, demand is going to go back to normal.

Or this could be like 1999 with several more consecutive years of missed playoffs.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

I would not suggest that. If anything, wait until nexr summer.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm guessing they're going with the dry eraser board theme for ticket stock this year (last year was pencil sketch)

cut.jpg

Reactions: RangerSeth

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
That is the shocker for me. I hate the bridge.
See I love the bridges, but the fact that they go for more than some lower levels is hilarious. I guess they see them as a gimmick that people love, but the $180 per game is downright hilarious.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
See I love the bridges, but the fact that they go for more than some lower levels is hilarious. I guess they see them as a gimmick that people love, but the $180 per game is downright hilarious.
Part novelty and part that lower level seats are lousy.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I have bridges for the Knicks and like the seats (can take a bit of getting used to) and I think they're even better for hockey than for basketball. But the Rangers charge 50% more for my seats than the knicks do. I'm assuming the $180 price is for halfs as my knick fulls are $95.

BTW I still have 2 extra tickets for the draft party tonight. First PM with email gets them.

Last edited:

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
They made the maps public now so anyone can buy.

New York Rangers Membership Plans
In looking at that map for a bit, I was tempted to go all in for fulls, or even 1/2 blue (I have the white) even putting a high center upper bowl in my cart. But then sensibility and reason took over. With others here, I agree, market will be soft for a lot of the games and while I can go to most games in a 1/2 season, would need to rely on reselling just to own fulls. And the real benefit, being able to control during a long playoff run, doesn't seem achievable this year.

Someone flag this so hopefully I eat my words in a year.

Reactions: RangerSeth

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
In looking at that map for a bit, I was tempted to go all in for fulls, or even 1/2 blue (I have the white) even putting a high center upper bowl in my cart. But then sensibility and reason took over. With others here, I agree, market will be soft for a lot of the games and while I can go to most games in a 1/2 season, would need to rely on reselling just to own fulls. And the real benefit, being able to control during a long playoff run, doesn't seem achievable this year.

Someone flag this so hopefully I eat my words in a year.
Quoted for future evidence. :P

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

This year and next you will be able to get great deals on tickets. You hit the nail on the head with the real benefit of season tickets being to control access to playoffs, which won't be happening this season, and is also unlikely to be a long run (if at all) again in '19-'20. Anyone looking for seasons should be holding off at least a year.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
I have bridges for the Knicks and like the seats (can take a bit of getting used to) and I think they're even better for hockey than for basketball. But the Rangers charge 50% more for my seats than the knicks do. I'm assuming the $180 price is for halfs as my knick fulls are $95.

BTW I still have 2 extra tickets for the draft party tonight. First PM with email gets them.
The bridges are amazing for hockey, because the wide angle is so great for that sport. They’re not that great for basketball because proximity is more valuable in that sport. That being said, paying double for them for hockey is ridiculous.

In general, I’m a sucker for the barstool seats at msg just cause they’re so comfortable to watch a game in. I’m a bigger guy so getting that extra space around me, a stool to hang my coat on, and a table to put my food and drinks on is great.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
This year and next you will be able to get great deals on tickets. You hit the nail on the head with the real benefit of season tickets being to control access to playoffs, which won't be happening this season, and is also unlikely to be a long run (if at all) again in '19-'20. Anyone looking for seasons should be holding off at least a year.
Just saying hypothetically, what if this young core plays really well and we sneak in at the 8th spot? You don't think 19-20 will have a lot more demand and hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad